realy love this phone been waiting for the upgrade to 2.1 but very scared the way things are going like samsung not uping it on website and not available in market fear samsung might scrap it and not offer support or upgrades in in india
MAK, 19 Apr 2010Hey
I am from Delhi,India
This is suddenly disappear from the market from last Two Weeks .I... moreya this phone is v difficult to get in delhi rite now.....
i bought this phone at 300 rs more than most have bought since only 1 dealer had it n i was having a real hard time to get it.........
To whoever it may concern.
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700 Google Android 1.5 OS Carrefour in Dubai, UAE on 18th march 2010. Doesn't have Android Market even though Manual says that. Calling Samsung support and they are not equipped to support it. Eventhought they suggested to use slideme.org as an alternative almost all apps crashes from the website always and are useless ones. Never ever will I buy Samsung or Google phones. PC doesn't recognize USB after installing some apps, I have to reset the phone for USB to be detected by PC. I am not using the phone now, gone back to my Nokia 5310 which is far better. Several calls were made and Samsung were saying that the Android Market was not there due to market restrictions. And today they said it was Google who was barring Samsung from providing Android Market being installed on any Andorid based phones sold in UAE. It is like Apple banning Itunes for Iphone users. It is clearly cheating customers like me who are first time smartphone users and ardent Google fans.
1. There are only basic apps in this phone as a basic Nokia phone (not smartphone) which costs AED150 has.
2. Android market was not there in the phone whereas the manual says install apps from market
3. USB mass storage is not found and has to follow certain steps to get it recognized by system. Whereas on other phone it gets recognized easily.
4. Almost all of the Apps that I found from internet and installed kept on crashing always including the Google applications.
5. USB will not be recognized after installing 5 to 10 apps, the phone keeps on saying charging (if charge is less)/king sound. I have to reset to factory setting to get the USB working.
6. Samsung was unresponsive even after several attempts to get help from them.
7. Most of the apps were not installable as the OS was 1.5.
8. Sent several faxes to Google fax and you are like dead meat.
I think the basic Iphone is far better than Iphone in all sense even though there is no flash support and not be closed source. This was my first ever smartphone. I will never ever buy an Android phone so also any phone from Samsung. I was an ardent Google fan because of their Google search, apps, pack etc. But here I felt cheated by Google and Samsung. Google is making a fool of customers by saying OS is open source and amking the app suite is closed. I feel if you charge some fee for the apps, I am ready to pay. I have repacked the phone and is happily using my Nokia 5310 which was thinking of replacing with I5700. I have submitted be sending this "Great Phone" to Samsung at my cost for them to keep in their showcase as a symbol of best customer service. Hope this will suffice curiosity. If you want I will send AED1000 for your day to day activities as a donation for cheating users/customers like this.
are there apps to install the apps on the micro-sd card instead of the built-in memory? that would save much internal memory for the ram, wouldn't it?
I am from Delhi,India
This is suddenly disappear from the market from last Two Weeks .I tried in lots of mobile shop for i5700 but shop sales boy say they have only i7500 instead of i5700.Their comment for i5700 is , supply for i5700 is discontinue from samsung .
How can I default the storage memory to SD memory card ? Or I transfer the file from ph memory to card memory without connecting to the PC. Thanks
Forgot to add that the bindled earphone is useless for listening to music. Its good for voice calls only. If you plan on listening to music, then buy a good pair of earphones.
I bought this phone last week for Rs.12,500. I then flashed it to Android 2.1 (Eclair) through ODIN and after one week's use I have to say it's a very good phone. Totally worth the Rs.12,500 price tag and it easily beats the 5800xm and other phones above it's price range.
1. Android 1.5 is smoother than 2.1, but 2.1 makes this phone a completely different animal - it's worth it to flash to 2.1
2. Contrary to the popular belief, this phone supports Bluetooth file transfer after you flash to 2.1
3. I managed to squeeze out 22 hours out of the battery with heavy use. I reckon it can last two days if we use lightly
4. The 3.2" Capacitative touchscreen is very smooth and on-screen keyboard is responsive - you can easily get to a decent typing speed once you grow accustomed to it.
5. Camera is OK. Not very good but it does it's job as a point-and-shoot device. 1.5 has no options for the camera (zoom, resolution, night-mode etc). After you flash to 2.1 you will get all the camera features.
6. GPS is excellent. It acquires a lock within 10 seconds and is very accurate. Combined with the pre-installed Google Maps, it makes a great navigating device.
7. Android Market has all the applications that you are ever going to need and 90% of the apps are free. This has to be the best app store right now.
8. Websurfing is a delight on this phone and the stock browser is very capable - it renders even heavy sites with no problems.
9. Build quality is solid, but you get the feeling that better materials could have been used.
10. This phone's limited amount of RAM makes it difficult to open more than 3 applications at a time. I highly recommend getting advanced task killer (free app) for this phone. Also, it's limited internal storage means you can't install a lot of apps at once.
11. Sound quality of the loudspeaker is good. Headphone quality is very good.
12. You can play 900mb DIVX files straight away on this phone. No need to re encode.
All in all its a totally value for money device. You won't regret buying this.
i cant access net on this phone...
airtel(maharashtra) India..doesnt provides setting for it...anyone having solutin on it...plz give me mob office setting(airtel)....
Samira, 17 Apr 2010Hi,
Got this phone recently. The software provided, Samsung New PC suite does not recognize ... moreSamira,
The new PC studio or the kies only supports phone updates,nothing more.So you cannot transfer anything to your phone memory.But you can access the SDCard.
Connect the phone via USB. The phone gives you a notification. Click the notification and mount the card to the computer and from there you can access your data from the card.
Does the phone lag while typing with the given Android keyboard, both in 1.5 & 2.1? Will there be any lag while typing during messaging? Coz I'm a messaging freak.
Got this phone recently. The software provided, Samsung New PC suite does not recognize the device. Tried Kies, same result. Am on Windows 7. Could that be an issue?
*plea for help*
Been using this phone for over a month now. Bought it over Nokia 5800. No regrets, exept that I aquired it at Dubai airport hence no APP Market preloaded on it..... that s....k..... Found other ways to install apps :) ....
My phone came with 1.5, and after reading a lot decided to flash last night....to .....JCE 2.1 using Odin.. All went good, been playing with the phone all day, it's worth it, I mean flashing.... and yea it sure has app market on it among other goodies.... BIG thanks to samsung-firmwares & samdroid. Over&out
Is the India edition of this phone preloaded with 2.1 update ? And, Is it possible to install Android apps on sdcard ?
In indonesia. You can buy this phone with android 2.1 in the box! DXJC4
Anonymous, 15 Apr 2010Hi This is saravanan I am from chennai , India and i got this phone two days back @ Rs. 11,... moreYes, you can update officially with Samsung PC Suite/Kies. But it depends on your geographic location.
an, 15 Apr 2010spica supports multi touch??Yes, it does, from the 2.1 update. But doesn't support pinch-n-zoom