Purchased this phone on 01-sep from noida india @ Rs 11500. my experience
Fast touchwiz UI by samsung
Good contact management tools
resolution isn't bad
office editor is good
camera pics are good at outdoors
Android is rocking
good music palyer ( Dance+ externalization mode)
good video player even playing videos having res 480*640
gps is locking in 5 secs
fast internet browsing
Battery backup is excellent ( best among all android phones, i can bet on it)
no dedicated call, camera key
bit slow on opening large office documents
internet memory is low
overall its a must buy
Rs. 11,900 in Flipkart. Completely satisfied with flipkart service and delivery. Also the phone is excellent value for money, easily the best smartphone in its price range.
this phone is really great but i dont get the screen guard, can any one tell where can i get screen guard in chennai.
is screen guard for this phone available in delhi??
anything else i can do to protect it??i removed the guard on wich galaxy 3 ws written
Everybody is comparing this phone with 5800 XM.
The points where galaxy 3 excels above 5800XM are-
1. Galaxy has capacitive display, XM has resistive.
2. Galaxy plays divx, Xm does not.
3. Galaxy has Android(which is way better than Symbian).
4. Galaxy has multi-touch, XM does not.
5. Galaxy has a 667 MHz CPU, XM has 443 MHz CPU.
6. Galaxy's battery life is better than XM's(1500 mah vs 1320 mah).
7. Galaxy does not hang, XM has a habit of hanging and lagging due to slow CPU.
8. Galaxy's UI is much better than XM's.
9. Galaxy takes few seconds to install/uninstall apps. XM takes ages.
10. Contact management and SMS is great in Galaxy. XM is obsolete.
Points where XM scores-
1. It has flash.
2. Has a higher res. - 340*640.
3. That's it.
I have been using this amazing phone for the past two days and here's what i have to say-
1. Fast CPU, cool gallery with 3D effects.
2. Camera is great outdoors.
3. Battery life is the best i have seen on any phone yet. I have been constantly playing with this phone since two days, yet its monster battery is still 80% full.
4. Pretty loud speaker.
5. Superb touch response( since it is a capacitive display).
5. WQVGA resolution is not much of an issue. Text looks a little pixelated if held close to the eyes.
6. Images look crisp with 16 million colours.
7. Bundled earphones have rather low bass but team it up with sony earphones and the audio quality is great.
8. Build quality looks robust.
9. Android OS is simply rocking. It offers great functionality and user-friendliness. Try it and you will forget the clumsy and old Symbian.
10. Supports multi-touch.
11. I guess this is the best android phone in the 10K- 20K range.
I seriously recommend this phone if your budget is under 20K. Trust me, you will not find a better option.
Hey! For Flash just upgrade to 2-2 and browser would play flash completly.. njoy
HRJ, 05 Sep 2010Does this phone have Accelerometer and Compass? (GSMArena says yes, but official Samsung specs... moreyes, it has both sensors, i am using it and i have installed compass from the market and it works fine.
i have also installed google sky maps, and they are fine too.
and this phone is a true VFM.
Does this phone have Accelerometer and Compass? (GSMArena says yes, but official Samsung specs are silent)
Can someone please try Google Sky Map on this and let me know if it works? That will be the main reason I will buying this phone.
i took a pic via bluetooth from a nokia e66..then that pic automatically became the thumbial for all music files!!
it this a virus???wat should i do??
Will updating the os of this phone to 2.2 froyo void the warranty ?
zedwal, 03 Sep 2010Hi every one, I purchased this handset yesterday in Noida Sector 18 (very opposite to The Gre... moreMy friend zedwal, there is 7 home screen what u need to do is go to the homescreen touch the left button and select edit, u'll see at d bottom a + sign just click on that and u can add screen up to 7
Can Anyone tell me the procedure to lock my galaxy 3
with a password
can i lock my messages with a password
any way to secure my folders with password..
kindly tell me the entire procedure to do that..
i just bought my galaxy 3 and i want to prevent it from unwanted users..
I got mine (Galaxy 3 aka GT-I5801) a week ago at Univercell, Alwarpet, Chennai. Here are my observations:
1. Touch is excellent. I also have a Motorola A810, which supports resistive touch, so it is a big leap for me.
2. Applications loaded quickly initially, but after I added a few more applications and browsed the net, the speed has come down a bit. I think this is not related to the phone; I will have to clear things up.
3. Sound quality is good. Video is good, too. I haven't seen AMOLED or even the 320X480 resolution of I5700, so I can't tell how this would compare with them; but for me, text, images, and video just look great.
4. Battery lasts for 1.75 days with a bit of 3G browsing.
5. I use BSNL 3G. Initially I could not use the 3G network. A friendly folk on the net provided the answer. Now, I could switch on/off 3G.
I think I5801 is a true VFM phone. I longed for I5700, but now I don't miss it at all.
users can u pls tell if u can download videos from net thru wifi with ease...it is said here tht thr s no flash...wht abt you tube ....