Sachin, 23 Aug 2010Is it possible to switch off GPRS and switch it on only when you need it? I'm using Mobile Off... moreinstall "quick settings" from android market and switch off APN.
(you can switch on/off GPS , Bluetooth,ringer, etc using this).
it also has a nice torch function; which converts the screen to a torch.
hey. i wish to buy this android phn
cn any1 plz tel me hwz d messge memry/battry bak up/perfrmance of d phn?
Sachin, 23 Aug 2010Is it possible to switch off GPRS and switch it on only when you need it? I'm using Mobile Off... moreSettings->Wireless and Networks-> Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->Mobile Office->APN Type
Change it from Internet to MMS.
Not sure if there's any other way of switching it off.
Is it possible to switch off GPRS and switch it on only when you need it? I'm using Mobile Office option provided by Airtel and could not find an option to switch it off as and when needed.
Nekhrun, 21 Aug 2010I bought this phone y'day in Noida at 12000. This is my first touch phone and first android to... morehey... if u need a louder volume just increase it using a converter on ur pc and then run it on ur cell
Sachin, 23 Aug 2010@viv...Thanks for these details....is the touch response working fine with protective screen? ... moreTouch Screen is very responsive even with the screen guard.
The screen guard seems to be a perfect fit for the phone. I bought the phone from Samsung store, hopefully it is a Samsung screen guard. Could not notice though since the sales agent applied the screen guard for me while I was busy making payment.
Anand, 23 Aug 2010@viv: thanks for posting ur valuable feedback to help future buyers very appreciated!
but cou... moreI can find almost all apps & games in the free category.
I tried Launcher Pro. It works fine. Tried 3D app drawer. Added items to top and bottom docking views. Did not find any issues. Will try more features later today.
Tried playing Winds of Steel game demo. It works fine.
Tried playing Raging Thunder 2 (3D) racing game. Graphics appeared to be a bit lousy (Car colors were washed out, otherwise ok), but was able to move my handset in either direction to finish last in the game.
It did give a feeling that the game is running fine, but I guess developers need to update their code to include 240x400 res and gracefully scale down the graphics.
@viv...Thanks for these details....is the touch response working fine with protective screen? also is this specifically for this phone or is it a general protective screen that samsung in forum mall is providing at 250?
Here's something interesting on Task Killers
@viv: thanks for posting ur valuable feedback to help future buyers very appreciated!
but could you clarify wheather all the apps work on this phone... coz it has a rather wierd resolution and i heard many apps dont even showup in the market so it would be great if u can write ur experiences on the apps front..
and also can anyone with the phone please check n see if "launcher-pro" works on this phones resolution..
it is a must hav ui app that not only makes ur androids ui look kik ass but also makes it faster n smoother ...
if anyone has tried it, please post here :)
Got one today from Forum, Bangalore (Rs. 12250 + 250) - Phone + Screen Protector.
Handset feels nice and solid in hand. one of the better looking phone in this range.
Screen is very good. Good colors and good sensitivity.
Camera is good. Video camera is rubbish.
Apps run smoothly, no lags whatsoever.
Very good call reception & voice quality.
Very good audio and video player. Excellent image & voice quality.
Lot of free apps & games on android market.
Internet browsing and corporate email setup is flawless.
Overall, very happy with the purchase. Got much more than what I expected.
Got this phone at Alfa market in Vile Parle (West) - Mumbai for 12200. Ya, a bit more expensive than online and I probably would have saved about 200 by shopping around. But oh well...
First the cons
1. Touch screen is sensitive
2. Accelerometer does not work to change screen orientations at all times. Maybe some screens are locked to portrait.
3. Swype - no intuitive way to invoke it.
4. Cheap quality plastic outer body. Does not feel so great in my hands.
5. Basic Android problem - no way to close/shut down an app. They just sit in the background. This is not specific to Samsung but to Android.
6. Finger print smudges all over.
7. UI stutters a bit with touch.
1. Features versus price is probably the best today. Android marketplace is a bonus.
3. Multi touch works very well.
4. Display is bright.
I did play around with the high end Galaxy Android (Rs 27500) and it was very responsive, but this phone has everything except AMOLED display, display size and thickness (or thinness). For less than half the price, I have no complaints.
Its ironic that my very first PC had a slower processor and less memory than this phone.
Nekhrun, 22 Aug 2010Day 2
1. I am able to use Swype, which is a gr8 feature
2. I was able to connect ... moreHi Nekhrun,can u let me know abt the image and video quality............
thanks in advance
Galaxy 3 available in hypercity, malad, mumbai @ 12,249. They did not have a demo piece so could not actually check one out hands on. The salesman said company has not provided one yet (:. I was quite surprised when I asked him as to when it will be available and yet pointed to the display and said we have half a dozen ready to sell.
Galaxy 3 available in hypercity, malad, mumbai @ 12,249. They did not have a demo piece so could not actually check one out hands on. The salesman said company has not provided on yet (:
1. I am able to use Swype, which is a gr8 feature
2. I was able to connect to Android Store over GPRS. Downloaded the Facebook application,and it works fine.
3. Increased home screens to 7 from default 3.
4. Battery is nice, after fully charging it overnight, it was at 60% after a day's usage (calls, reading, surfing, FM, music, videos, etc). I guess it can last 2-3 days on normal usage.
5. Phone gets slow ehen I trying to see running applications in background (under System menu) and sometimes while creating a shortcut. At other times, it works perfectly.
6. There is no screen guard for the phone available in market :( , so have to wait and use the default one with all Feaure text written all over.
Yet to Figure out
1. Shortcut to lock phone, other than power button.
2. Another Xvid player
3. Try some Android apps