This phone is available for Rs 14,200 at Hot Spot (MRP: Rs 28,000).
Is it because Samsung is about to make this model EOL or due to short demand??
How to install/use doc reader on Galaxy?
I need this phone to work with pdf/word files. Is there a doc reader/editor available that can be installed?
Most important, does any such doc reader have 'Find' or 'Search' function with that I can search for a specific word in the document?
Thanks in advance.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Mil, 16 Jan 2010Hi, First tell me where r u getting this phone for 140$. in Indiaeven i want it.............
this phone dsnt allows u to send dat thru bluetooth but the samsung people say that the software shall soon be updated in march and there after u can get ur softwares upgraded and can use the bluetooth to transfer files.
1. In India you get this cute one for 140$ unlocked
2. There is no support for Firmware update (Only u need to get hold of un official updates and some features may not work)
3. Samsung new PC studio is a damn waste and Samsung has never considered to fix this( Searching for third party support)
4. Battery life is 4/10 very poor. I suppose the firmware update may resolve this issue.
5. The good thing is display,touch is very good and sensitive.
6. Sound quality is 5/10, With Apple earphone is good
7. firware upgrade third party if you are willing to take risk (http://android.modaco.com/content/samsung-i7500-i7500-modaco-com/299144/updated-samsung-i7500-mustymod-rom-android-2-0/)
8. Call qaulity is good 7/10
9. Most of the apps are not getting closed (Runs in the Background) , you need to install app killer and kill applications once you have completed using it
10. Camera is ok, not much functinalities, just snap and review the photo, no zoom. i will give 5/10 for camera.
11. Video is also ok not much as expected (4/10)
12. It is a descent phone (Its functionalities may get enhanced if firmware is upgraded)
is there firmware update for it? i want samsung release new firmware soon.
Sending data through Bluetooth is the major issue i am facing. please some one clarify this doubt to firstname.lastname@example.org
can any one tell me how to transfer the data thru b tooth...this is a majour demerit of this fone
J L, 08 Dec 2009This is the greatest phone ever; but you HAVE to flash it with new firmware and root it. Samsu... morehow do we install the galaxo update for the firmware can u help me with the link plz
Anonymous, 07 Jan 2010does this phone support the video calling feature.as far as i know it doesn't
i am vrey confused whether to buy samsung galaxy or prop... pls pls pls helpe me..
i'm very interested in buying this phone.
actually i'm thinking between Jet, I7500 and I5700.
the main favour for this phone is Android and a large variety of applications and games.
so please confirm me for some things
1. i'll use this phone in which 3G network is unavailable, so can i use wifi to download and use these applications?
2. if i've no 3G, what advantages of the phone will i can't access?
3. i think the camera function of Android is no way to compare the Jet. so let me know the camera performance.
vivek, 04 Jan 2010can any one plzz tel me ,how to share files through bluetooth????there is an app on android market called bluetooth file transfer..doesn't work though on samsung galaxy, because of the android 1.5 version. haven't found an alternative yet :(
Galaxy is a great phone but have some disadvantages:
-there is not enough updates for it...hope it'll get Android 2.1
-when taping videos sound quality sucks
-battery life sucks...you can be happy with 2 days from it(not using wi-fi, bt, 3g...)otherwise you got only 1 day from it...so charging every night highly recommended
Some responses to prewriten posts:
you can't share files over the bluetooth if you have original Android 1.5 (Cupcake)...there are some illegal copies of Android 2.0 for Galaxy which supports sending files over bluetooth. I hope Samsung'll give us update to Andorid 2.1 after they got it from Google(Google said they'll give all costumers 2.1)
there are currenty no free gps programs...hope iGo for Andorid will work on Android 1.5 which is on Galaxy...otherwise we'll have to use illegal 2.0 :)
music quality is great! you just have to use equalizer and good headphones(included are good too)
Anonymous, 07 Jan 2010Corby pro is just a java phone with good UI.If you want use more application then better go fo... moreThanks for your reply.
Going to buy Galaxy today :)
Is it possible to share us the links from where we can get apps, games, themes compatible with Galaxy(Android 1.5)
kumaran, 06 Jan 2010Guys, please help me... Really confused to buy Samsung Galaxy OR Samsung Corby Pro...? I... moreCorby pro is just a java phone with good UI.If you want use more application then better go for galaxy.