I think this phone hit every possible aspects that the HTC failed to include in their Android phones.
1. 3.5mm head-F*ckin-phone Jack. As a long time owner of HTC products (I had Tmo US MDA, Tmo Wing, Dash, and now G1), I still can't grasp why HTC still using microUSB port as audio out/data/power.
2. AMOLED screen is a progress and I'm pretty sure it will catch on to many touchscreen phones in near future. Better durability + requires less power than current LED LCD = longer lasting battery life
3. bigger battery capacity. one of the big complaint for G1 is battery life, and I can say it is true. G1's stock battery is only 1150 mAh, while this phone is 1500 mAh. I barely able to last for 12+ hrs from a full battery without the phone dying, or having less than 10 percent of charge left.
4. Better camera: 5MP autofocus + FLASH !!!. something that HTC should've done when releasing G1. if 5MP sensor too expensive to keep production cost down, they could at least put LED flash for it.
I do have some personal issues with the design. No trackball is a let down for me. I love it on my G1. It's like having Blackberry without the crappy, outdated Blackberry OS.
The stand-out buttons kind of kill the aesthetic of the phone for me. I like how G1 buttons are flush with the body and has same color. Kinda give that slick look and feel.
My last critic would be no actual keyboard. I know it has on-screen keyboard, but no on-screen keys can do better than actual ones. Plus, G1 has one of the best keyboard that I've ever used on a smartphones.
I will have to say that Nokia and Sony Ericsson era has already gone. Samsung is now the best.
Samsung is the Captain in smartphones, and has only two enemies. 1st: HTC, but HTC makes only smartphones. 2nd: LG: LG has made a deal with microsoft, and it is said that LG will launch about 30 winmo phones into 2009. Sony Ericsson + Nokia = Nothing interesting.
Anonymous, 28 Apr 2009dont worry coz they are waiting for Android 2.0 and than you will see that SE phoneSony Ericsson cant hit Samsung. From smartphones, SE has only a winmo the Xperia (made in HTC) and a Symbian, the IDOU and it will become a failure!!!
zenderady, 28 Apr 2009This is going to rock. If it will be priced at euro 300 than it will have an even bigger impac... moreBut be sure, this is not gonna be under 500-600 euros!I believe in Nokia! maybe if you ask me I choose SE but this time I'm gonna buy a 5800 XM! Not a brand can give such a specs under 400-500 ;).
This is going to rock. If it will be priced at euro 300 than it will have an even bigger impact than the 5800xm had, which we know that it hit home for nokia.
Mobilemaster, 28 Apr 2009Oh my God, this phone is awesome!!!!I want to see such a phone from Sony Ericsson too.dont worry coz they are waiting for Android 2.0 and than you will see that SE phone
Oh my God, this phone is awesome!!!!I want to see such a phone from Sony Ericsson too.
Very very nice looking phone and amazing specs for the price, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This phone is way... Too ugly! The design is so... Ugly! I think the G1 and G2 have much better design. Give you an advice! Samsung, before you make this phone... Please, dont be on a rush, improve its design and functioality
Screen size is too small; bigger is better, no radio? Nice but... no cigar!
can someone answer these questions;
1. does android support MS Exchange server for emails?
2. can the android OS be upgraded without losing settings/data/apps (like iphone) or does upgrading the OS mean you have to back everything up and reinstall again like on WinMo?
Samsung just amazes me with their accomplishments. The only other phone maker which tries to match their intensity on high end phones is Sony Ericsson.
But Samsung is by far the leader of the pack. Nokia has just become a Symbian Work Horse which is failing to win any more appeal with its same old interface. Move on Nokia.
This phone is going to go head to head with Iphone. With the capacitive screen, 5mp camera, and Android OS, so its definitely going to be one of the best touchscreens out