I will try to answer as much question as possible, I have being using this phone for a month.
- Battery - please remember to fully charge 8 hours and following, discharge it totally in order to maximize the battery life. With average phone calls. It can last 2-3 days.(try to disable 3G as this save alot on battery life)
- Screen - 320x320 is a unique resolution. Try to search for RealVGA to change it to VGA resolution. Please noted, this is a VERY IMPORTANT APPLICATION. IT WILL CHANGE THE WHOLE LOOK OF THE PHONE, be it GPS MAP, Games, Video. Just try it. You will be amazined. It will looks beautiful. Try searching this website www.ppcsg.com under forum/pocketpc phone.
- MSN - current there's a bug which MSN CANNOT be connect with wifi. But no problem with GPRS. You can try to upgrade your firmware to the latest. note that MSN Live links to your normal MSN in desktop. Delete contacts from phone's MSN equals deleting from your original MSN contact list.
- Games - There's still limited games for resolutions 320x320, but with RealVGA, it seems to solved alot of resolutions problem. You can also use emulators ie; SNES9x!
- GPS - i780 comes with inbuild GPS. Navigation and voice depends on the Navigation program instead.
- Sync - Syncing with Outlook or Lotus Notes is a breeze..
- BlackBerry - There's a black berry application avaliable. Had installed, but yet to try to connect.
- Low battery - Thing it will do when low battery life, screen will be dim and changes to flight mode.
* LEDs * Currently still having issue on the LEDs where the leds wont blink once it goes into sleep mode.
* Battery indicator * Currently only shows % rounds of to 10. Meaning, it will always shows 90%, 70%, 50%, 40%. It will never shows 42%, 47% etc.
Belows are some cool secrets to share with you.
-tweak the i780’s volume-
*#0002*28346# code for changing volume
TX - controls how loud people will hear YOU
RX - how loud YOU can hear ppl
- XX dB .. +XX dB .. logarithmic scale.. negative values decrease volume, positive values amplify volume, 0 dB = “original” sound without any processing (decrease/amplification).
-Shortcuts in SMS and email-
In SMS or Email press and hold the ‘h’ key on the keyboard. Shortcuts will appear.
1) Press and hold green phone call during call turns on speakerphone
2) Press and hold red phone key locks device
3) If the Samsung Clock today plugin is activated press and hold for 12/24hr options and a dual mode clock
4) When phone call rings, to mute press volume up/down
5) Typing a symbol or key on the keyboard, press the “au” to rotate through the options
Hi everyone, I just got my i780 a couple of days ago and I really like the phone, although I have some reservations about it.
Background: I got the i780 mainly for the QWERTY and Office Mobile, so I could do work on the move. The keyboard is great and easy to use, although it takes some practice to avoid keying in text messages as on a numeric keypad.
Here are some answers to questions/problems I read in the Opinions list:
For poor battery life, you have to set your Power Settings and Battery settings to turn off the phone/backlight within a minute or two after not being used. That way, it lasts MUCH longer.
As for the tones, you have to go to the Sounds/Notifications Settings and uncheck the box for keypad tones, but in your main screen, play with the volume control to set other volume settings easily.
Third-party software can be obtained at the Windows Mobile site (which comes with the starter pack). So other programmes can be installed (I'm not exactly sure how to do this, though.)
However, I would like to know a couple of things. How do I set my own tones for Calendar Reminders? And how do unlock the phone using that asterisk?! And if anyone knows where to get a game that's 320x320 pixels, that'd be swell!
Can anyone help, please?
hows the battery life of i780?
i am currently on i600, the battery cant even last me fer half a day.. shucckks
I just got my i780 2 weeks ago, and it surprises me that so many people have good reviews about it. is it just my set that has problems? i am using an uploaded msg tone and sometimes it does work, but after 4-5 msgs, the msg tone does not go off and i do not know that i have received a msg. the same thing happens when i put it on silent mode and back to normal. i wld just get notification pop-ups but hear nothing. everytime i open IE or MSN, it connects me to 3G instead of WIFI which i thought upon calling my serive provider, i have already fixed. When i first connected to MSN, it immediately added all my contacts to my phone. very messy, so i deleted all contacts from the phone book, not MSN, and upon signing in on my laptop, i find out that my contacts were all deleted even though i clearly was not online at the point where i deleted the contacts from my phone book.
I would really appreciate help or some answers. Thank you.
i have just finished using the TYTTN II for close to five months and wanted a chnge.is the i780 worth replacing?
when I unlock the phone, then the screen is black out, however it is still on but unable to see anything
i780 is better than any device on the market except for games ! games don't run on this 320x320 display! other then this is much much much faster then my tytn ii.
Is there someone who can tell me if the i780 GPS is a full GPS navigation system with voice promps. Does this work well?
does anyone know why when i try to login to msn messenger with wifi, i can't login?
it keep connect to my 3g.
even my internet explorer does the same thing.
is it because of my setting?
Can someone teach me how to uninstall the programmes I don't want ? Thanks.
Before I start, let me say that I am not a tech-head and the finer details of technical specifications do not concern me. What I am looking for is a phone that works and is easy to use. I used to have Nokias and loved them, their simplicity and design. Then one day I tried a Palm 600 and was converted. Following this I went to the 650 which was even better, if slightly tempramental.
My last phone was a TyTN, which was great, but again a bit cumbersome and occasionally sticky performance. I've just got the i780 and first impressions are brilliant. I cannot recommend this phone more highly. All the old hang-ups and problems with the first generation of Windows mobile devices have been corrected. It's light (compared to TyTN anyway) and the mouse interface works fantastically well. The screen is bright and clear and every seems very easy to use and intuitive. The one change that I would make is to adopt the Palm style stringing for text messages, a brilliant and simple innovation - does Palm have a patent on this or something?
HI, just got this phone today. Really impressed by it. however, when i try to sync it to my email, it is unable to sync. what could be the prob?
As my company only work with BB service, would kindly appreciate if anyone has tested black berry connect working for the Samsung i780?
There are plenty of free softwares at windows mobile. Can anyone teach me how exactly to download the programes ? In detail please, if possible...
Yes, if anyone knows what voice dial app for i780, please share and all would appreciate this very much.
Yeah right ..buy voice command..spend 40$ for something that does far more than voice dial.
And also the way you lookup no in phone book.?Well I got news for u ..all Win Mobile phones do the same.
If someone knows a voice dial app compatible with i780 please share the info.