Some answers to some of the questions below:
- No SIP client on mine (unbranded) and I haven't tried one.
- Ah, A-GPS normal (full) gps, except the gps gets Assistance from the cell-tower information to get first fix on satellites. Works great.
- No roaming, as far as I can tell.
- I haven't been able to turn of camera shutter. And it's loud. :-(
- Yes, you can filter the dial list by typing on keyboard. I've no idea how the HTC ones work.
- Haven't tried a 8gb microSDHC, but everybody say they work, and I've one on order.
- Haven't tried any slide UI's yet, except S2U2 which work great.
Sorry, I couldn't answer them all. I'm writing down some of my experiences with this one here:
Further to my last post, these are a few additional questions.
1. Does the phone come with its own SIP client? If not, has anyone tried using Fring or any other SIP-client with this phone?
2. This phone has a built-in full-fledged GPS receiver or just A-GPS? Anyone tried using the GPS functionality with Google Maps?
3. Does the phone support auto-roaming between WiFi, 3.5G and 3G and vice-versa?
Thanx a lot!
Rgds @ MarioDH
I'm seriously considering buying this phone but I have a few questions which I hope those of you who have used this phone, can help me out with.
1. Is it true that the camera's shutter sound can't be set to "off"?
2. The Dialer application, does it work pretty much the same as TyTN II and Touch Cruise? In essence, does the dialer filter the contact list based on the keys that are pressed?
3. Does it support MicroSDHC? If yes, has anyone tried it with an 8Gb card? Is the loading time acceptable?
4. Has anyone installed iFonz or PointUi on this phone? Did it work well? Which is better?
Thanx a lot for your answers!
Rgds @ MarioDh
i'm with tmobile, I don't know much about gprs/wap/proxy settings but I was able to connect to internet if wifi was not avlble with all my previous phones. will this be the case for this phone? does anyone know what connection settings allow you to do that?
plemix.com They have the most reliable service and guarantee of quality.
I say the battery life is good, I don't play much games and use it more for the office mobile and my e-mail. About 2 days. They also give a spare battery and a battery charger so there's no need to worry about charging even when your battery is dying cause you can just replace it right away to a new full charged battery.
Battery life... well, hard to say. I've been away for 10 hours, and pulled it from the charger just before I left. Haven't talked, but I've taken 5 photos and 30 seconds of video, and maybe uses wifi and played tetris for an hour. The battery is down to 70%...
to i780 oweners , how is battery life of this phone?? how long does it stay ??
I'm using the i600 and I love it except for a few shortcomings that the new i780 seems to have addressed. The only remaining one is SDHC support which I can't find the answer to anywhere online. So can i780 owners comment if it can support MicroSD cards that are greater than 2GBs?
NO carrier in the US runs 900 Mhz. It is either 850 or 1900.
to answer to 850mhz......tmobile have 900mhz u got it wrong......at&t is the one that has 850 not tmobile....i always buy 900mhz phone and always work for me....
I got mine!
A quick write up of my first impressions here:
Its a shame it is not Quad Band (no 850mhz) to use on Tmobile networks in US. Any posibility of future Quad Band?
I've been looking at this phone for a long time now; are there two different "models"? I keep reading about different specs and there are two distinctly different photos of this phone (most noticeable difference is the number keys layout). Am I wrong? Also, will this phone work with t-mobile in the US?
is it really tri-band?
according to the manual it can handle 4-band GSM...
anyone can confirm?
for anyone having problems solving the GPS functionality. This phone has an A-GPS reciever which is actually more advanced and quicker than normal GPS. If youve bought on Orange, you will need to subscribe to Webraska GPS software. It is very cheap and can be used in a pay as you go manner. There is a 7 day free trial. The phones seems locked at the moment so only Webraska and Google maps will work but both are very good.
As always from gsm arena 10/10 review.
The navigation with "mouse like" interface rules. Its a very good idea cause it compensates for the poor windows animations when browsing through a win mobile phone. I always wanted to see this on a phone, thx samsung. I like the fact that it has a divx player, but while this is near vga res. on my lg viewty i have videos that are 720*406 that play in pure dvd quality. But im happy they kept the divx thing going. Im very impressed with the UI but i dont like that type of design- very similar to the blackberry. But it seems to b a good phone :)