Lhon0901, 24 Jan 2010I do agree with your comment on this one... I'm from the phillipines abd no update has been re... moreI'm from the Philippines and I got my phone upgraded to winmo 6.5 free of charge in Samsung Mobile store in 4th Floor Cyberzone in SM Megamall...
i just bought this phone a day ago and its winmo 6.5 out of the box and the back cover is like the jet(red stripes)pretty amazinggadget i might add the amoled is nice better than my ipod touch 3g, music is also very good, now im downloading the spb shell cuz i dont like the widget+ and winmo default lol
Anonymous, 24 Jan 2010you can find it here http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-ii-gsm-rom-discussion/293492/s... morethanks 4 the information sEKq but one more question i've checked that site you have given to me but were is the upgrade for windows mobile 6.5 there I can't find it? can you show it to me?
Nikhil, 24 Jan 2010Hey friends , just bought the phone around 1 week back in India & the Box says can update ... more@Nikhil:
The WinMo 6.5 update is not yet available in India. I spoke to the Samsung Customer Service and they have no idea when the upgrade is going to be launched in India. So the only thing you can do is wait till they officially announce it. By the way, Omnia 2 is now listed on the Indian website.
Nikhil, 24 Jan 2010Hey friends , just bought the phone around 1 week back in India & the Box says can update ... moreI do agree with your comment on this one... I'm from the phillipines abd no update has been released as well... I've heard of updating the firmware using ones from singapore, but I'm thinking twice as it may void the warranty... Samsung, plase do release your WinMo 6.5 update on other countries as well...
Hey friends , just bought the phone around 1 week back in India & the Box says can update the phone to Winmo 6.5 but the website of samsung mobile india doesnt even list the phone there ..... After checking the website of samsung india in the phones section found the availability and support for the phone, but there is no where mentioned about the Winmo 6.5 update, where as Samsung has already launched the upgrade for their customers in US, Singapore and many other countries. I really wonder why havent they have done it in India... If any of the Samsung guys reading it, do come up with a face saving answer for your brand.
Where the hell is the 6.5 upgrade for Australia.
Samsung wont even reply my emails.
I just bought this mobile a week back back after a lot of reading and research. No doubt the mobile is a powerhouse given the specifications but I did find a number of problems with the phone, which are very basic and you do not expect such things to be missing in a smartphone like this:
1. The Settings menu is very limited and the phone doesn't allow you to customize as you many expect from a general phone. The phone doesn't allow you to set shortcuts on the homescreen to replace 'Phone' and 'Phonebook'. The call hardware button by default takes you to the keypad and not the call log as was expected. In that scenario, it would have been great if I could have changed the shortcuts to something else.
Also, there is hardly any customization possible when it comes to Data Connection settings. If you go inside, it takes you to the connection settings page as provided by Windows, which is far from simple or user-friendly.
There are hardly any settings available for message and call. I could not turn off the delivery notifications, as there was simply no option available.
2. The Touchwiz UI is very slow and laggy. Its only when you go inside that you can expect the UI to respond much better.
3. Although the proximity sensor used to turn off the display when the phone is pressed to your cheek during a call, there were constant button presses because of the screen touching my cheek. The constant tap noise was quite irritating and you don't want unexpected button presses during a call. The phone is not finger-friendly in some cases, but it is quite cheek-friendly during a call.
4. The Notes application is very complicated and deleting a previous note was quite a task. First of all the UI is not finger friendly and if you select a note, it always used to open with no option to delete it. Only when you have the note selected in the list do you get the option of deleting it but doing that was quite a task.
5. I have seen this problem in a number of Samsung phones now: when you activate the loudspeaker close to another phone which is in call, the phone emanates a very loud irritating loud noise. The problem occured when the two phones were in call with each other.
6. Why do you have to get a widget out and then put it back inside which screws up the order of the widgets?
7. There is no definite option available where you can select text in a message to copy. You can select all the text but part of it proved to be impossible.
8. Turning the phone to silent mode, which is the simplest task in most phones, was also quite difficult. When you click the volume side buttons, you can slide the system and Ring volume to your liking. There is an OK button which gives you the impression that you have to press it after making your selections but the screen goes off automatically in about 3 seconds which hardly gives you time to do the selections properly.
9. Complicated and non finger-friendly Windows UI is difficult to use when you go on the inside.
I had to give the phone back because of another hardware flaw where the MIC was not working when taking on the loudspeaker. But I was not able to replace it with another Omnia 2 because of the above problems.
I have heard the SPB Mobile Shell solves most of the UI problems. Is it true? Is it really worth buying SPB Mobile Shell to replace the phone UI?
Also, do let me know if anyone has any solutions to the above problems I posted. Might give me a reason to buy the phone again :)
Samsung 4 Life, 23 Jan 2010can someone help me where can I download Windows Mobile 6.5?you can find it here
but it's not the ROM that samsung launches to public, though secany claimed that it's the official but not launched yet ROM
if you want to get the official ROM that samsung already launched use the NPS kit
mms, 16 Dec 2009if i did push the antenna button,what should i do??now my network failure...pls help me..i tho... moreCommunicate with your Samsung dealer and ask them to replace it with a new one. This is a crucial mistake of producer and they should be taking the responsibility for it.
I just bought the phone and wanted to know where can i find new and more apps for the phone like apple has their apps store
hi guys , can any1 tell me do we get a stylus n case along with the box of omnia 2..??? thnx guys ... tc all.
Went on carfone site and now the omnia 2 is not their site but its was on prepay for 349 GBP a few weeks ago..
+, 22 Jan 2010Have you made a reset from the tiny hole in the back? I've heard this may phisically damage th... moreYes I did try that reset button but it didn't seem to do anything. That's why I had to take the battery out. Where did you hear about it effecting the antenna?
king, 21 Jan 2010i have bought my omnia2 3 days back..the sunlight visibility of my phone is very poor..cant re... moreDid you switch the backlight on? (Start > Settings > General Settings > Power > Battery Power > Turn on backlight) Changing brightness doesn't do anything if the backlight is off...