Please note the *S*8000 jet only uses proprietary samsung OS - so you can only use java like operamini on it..
the *I* 8000 uses windows, so there are many programs, as well as the FULL opera mobile 9.5...
should i buy this phone samsung jet s8000 or samsung omnia i900 i want the one wch is most user friendly n has the least problems plz help me out as soon as possible.
Anonymous, 16 Oct 2009Please don't buy this phone. This is my third model of Samsung, hoping they'd sort out their ... morecum on.. this smart phone is for smart user.. shut up if u duno how to use this phone.. this is the best n most user friendly wm phones in the market nw..
Please don't buy this phone. This is my third model of Samsung, hoping they'd sort out their quirks but they just don't. Some of the issues with the Omnia II have already been stated (terrible manual, difficult to control even common features (like sound, volume, selections) and strange behaviour even for answering calls). But, the most irritating (and making it unusable) aspect of this phone is that it gets "busy" doing things (like downloading mail) and simply refuses to pay any attention to its owner while it's busy. Honestly, what's the point of a smart phone with an attention deficit?
pay, 16 Oct 2009it's only 25k here in the philippines. you just need to find a good store. =)could you please tell me sir where did you find that phone at that certain amount? Saan sa pinas?
A word of caution to buyers.
I've had mine 5 days now and...
...The manual is very poor, so are the samsung techs.
...The phone does NOT have voice recognition for bluetooth, which is very poor for this type of phone.
...When a text is sent, it gives a small alarm, which can't be turned off.If it is turned off, so are all the rings for incoming calls and alarms. Very ordinary for this end of the market indeed.
...Volume control needs work too.
It could have been the answer to a maidens prayer if these simple things were addressed at the outset.
As it is, Samsung say they won't be fixed at all. They are going to leave it the way it is. WinMo6.5 won't be fixing them either.
I have had my I8000 for a week and love it. The screen, functions and ease of use are excellent.
I have 2 questions though; I can send MMS with a photograph attached and can receive MMS with a little computerised style picture attached. If I send myself a MMS with a photograph attached, it works perfectly but I can't receive a MMS with a photograph attachment from other people. It arrives in my Inbox saying new message but I have to 'Download' message. It then connects to the network, then says "Receiving MMS", but then after about 45 seconds it says "Could not download the message".
My other question relates to GPS. In the specs on your website is says 'Yes, with A-GPS support'. I can't find any way to open the GPS on the phone.
Thank you. All in all - a fantastic phone. Well done Samsung!
ian, 13 Oct 2009iphone 3gs is still the best in touch interface--still lagging & WM is slowi agree
zyx, 06 Oct 2009yup, its P30,000 plus here in the philipines.it's only 25k here in the philippines. you just need to find a good store. =)
I’ve just received my Omnia2. When creating a text, if I rotate the device anti-clockwise, the virtual QWERTY keyboard should rotate to the landscape orientation (User Manual pg 34). But it is not working (anti-clockwise or clockwise). Is there any specific setting?
Thanks for any help and info.
ariel, 14 Oct 2009Huy guys im back...I just bought my omnia II yesterday as well. Its an eye candy, with some pr... moreWhat internet browser were you using? I can use Opera in landscape fine on my Omnia i8000.
Anyone or perhaps Samsung guy can explain,how come this sophisticated phone with winmo 6.1 doesn't have threaded SMS.Maybe it's hidden? tks a lot
battery life is great!! even with some camera usage, playing games, gps'ing and a few phone calls, last me 3 days before going dead...
Anonymous, 13 Oct 2009what are the difference between samsung Jet i8000 and Omnia 2 ??? i couldn't recognize!!!main difference are screen size and OS. i8000 is runnig under windows mobile os, s8000 is not. i8000 screen size is 3.7", s8000 is only 3.1"
Peter, 12 Oct 2009little timmy i was just wondering how much u paid for it?
69 AUD per month at crazy johns,,includes 500mb data
Does anyone know when 6.5 will be ready for upgrade in Aus,and it will still have touchwiz 2 wont it.
ian, 13 Oct 2009iphone 3gs is still the best in touch interface--still lagging & WM is slowHey ian ,do u own or have u used THIS phone? No ,well take your little iphone and go play your childish games on your childish phone with your childish friends that also own childish little iphones.
I'm sick to death of iphone sheep trying to convince winmo users that they're product is better, when clearly it's not
Huy guys im back...I just bought my omnia II yesterday as well. Its an eye candy, with some probs but i think i can deal with it. Main probs i encountered with mine are:
1. Incomplete manual. but maybe i can download from samsung website. Im gonna try that later.
2. no landscape mode for internet. sigh... why i cant maximize the use of my big screen i can never fully understand. Hehe.
3. The speaker (which i was asking about in my query msg here a couple of days ago) Well apparently theres one in the back. Its loud when im playing my radio and even when im typing my msgs (the virtual keypad tone). The sound was better than my n95. I havent tried the mp3 and videos. Im yet to put one in my new omnia.
4. I dont know if i can do this or not, but for now i cant seem to segregate my inboxes to different folders (work/personal/etc). They just get stored in one inbox folder. If anybody knows how,please help me out.
5. Same with favorites in internet. I use to segregate mine into folders (entertainment/work/etc). But now...i just cant. Hopefully somebody knows how. Help!!!
6. there's a bit of a lag in browsing pics. id blame that to the many application present.
7. The box and the soft casing is disappointing. But ican always buy a replacement.
As to the advantages:
1. The screen is unbelievably great. Damn clear and huge. Hehe
2. A pleasant surprise that it fits my pocket. Even better than my previous n95 because its really slim though wider and taller. Good job.
3. Great sensitive (albeit resistive)the touch screen esp in landscape mode. my finger fits so well on the virtual keypad. im having a hardtime with the portrait though. Need help of the good 'ol stylus. I guess, it just need some getting used to. I love resistive since i can use objects other than my hand. Had it been capacitive screen, when my finger dont fit on those really small icons/button (like X, arrow key)it would have been a big prob.
Thats all for now folks. Hope this could help those who are undecided..Oh one more thing, im having a hard time with the internet. its totally different with the my N95. Just have to learn about it more i guess. so il get back to you on that.