Ive been a nokia users since my very first cp. Now Im replacing N95 with a new phone and I'm choosing between N97, Samsung Omnia I8000 II and the i8910. Its the first time that im considering other brands.Im more into radio,internet speed,office editor,good display. So far, based from what i can understand in the specs given of the 3 phones, the Omnia I800 II is the leading choice for me (subjectively based on my priorities). I just have a few questions before actually buying the gadget. You see im actually a techie idiot hahah thats why im having problem with some technicalities of the specs so please bare with me, and try to answer in laymans term hehe:
1. Im confused with the 65k color limit (whats does banding mean? hehehe). How does it affect my pics or screen or whatever. Coz in the review, they seemed to be praising the screen reso, the gallery display, the camera pixels are high. So how does the 65k affect the phone?
2. Would it be really hard for the all-time nokia user to get used to the applications of samsung. I tried borrowing a sony eric fone..but i just cant handle it. Hehe In my limited knowledge, its not very user friendly. But thats just me.
3. How would i know if the phone im buying is 6.5 or 6.0 Win mo? Is there a way of knowing? I dont trust some sellers hahaha when you ask them questions they just say yes to ensure sale.
4. Can i password protect some "very personal folders". My cousins love borowing my fon so i just dont want them browsing on some folders thats reserve for work or just too personal items.
5. Cant remember if its this fon or i8910 that says no stereo speaker? What does it mean? CAnt I watch videos using loudspeaker (only with earphones?) or play music out loud. How about ringing tones?
6. Also, Im kinda worried that since it has no actual qwerty keyboard, that the touchscreen might somehow lost its sensitivity in the long run and i cant use my fone anymore? Is that possible?If so, how long does it take to have touchscreen problems?
My questions sound stupid even to me.Hahaha. But please have the patience to answer.Thanks so much in advance to those who will.
hey lizard guy,, have u seen the specs of htc hero compared to omnia 2,wake up, did you buy a hero and refuse to believe it's sub par.
Android (cupcake) is quite primitive,can u create a folder and put secret photo's in it and then put it in an "on the fly" encrypted partition ( password protected) hmmm can u?,,,, Have u got 800 mhz processor, 480 x 800 res,,, amoled,,,great responsive touch with exelent feedback,,,,can u download literally thousands of applications and games from your home pc to try and play for free.
I have this phone for 2 month, it was not as sensitive as iphone....but it ok for me.....every fuction work well...
Why I can't find HanYuPinYin for SMS text message, b'cos I need to sms to my father in chinese. Can anyone know?
13, 06 Oct 2009jet cost in the phil is 19.5k-20k omnia2 16gb cost Php27.9k-29.5k dependsdepends on what my friend? memory?
To whomever already owns or has used this phone:
What would you say its greatest weaknesses/strengths are?
Does this thing lag or not lag? There seems to be different comments on this one.
How would you compare this to the i8910? If indeed you have used the i8910.
come on man. This phone lost to htc hero. Boo for Sammy. Gud job for htc. And for iPhone, keep up the style!
John, 16 Aug 2009I am using my Omnia 2 but I can not connect to Wi-Fi. I do not understand the problem. I am su... moregive network password. while connecting to modem there are two button 1 2 on ur modem press on that
I've had my Omnia 2 for a few days now and I a few things to say. 'What a beauty' if your concerned about lag, don't be , it's a rocket.Screen is magnificent,touchwiz 2 is great though 'resco explorer' is still needed.
To have the freedom of Windows Mobile on such a powerful device is just delightfull . Those iphone sheep don't know what they're missing.
Anonymous, 08 Oct 2009The phone is in the same market segment so its there to be compared with the iphone. The fact ... moreI do agree with u, that Omnia II & Iphone are in the same market segment. However, i don't understand, why some ppl are still condemning Omnia II, saying its not on par with Iphone. In fact, I hv a fren who is using iphone. He once told me, there not much diff in these 2 phones. However Omnia II is much cheaper here in Spore. Better cam n video, bigger screen, better sound....etc. U decided ppl, cos i'm enjoying my Omnia II.
sounds like a wonderful phone .what is the price in USA and India...plz let me know if anyone could ..
multisections, 06 Oct 2009All you stop. You cannot compare with Windows and Linux. There are advantages and disadvantage... morehey ... I didn't compare between windows and linux . I mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of the I phone 3gs and some of them (flash - blue tooth ) are enough for me not to buy it .
I didn't mention the OS except to tell that the UI of the I phone 3gs is wonderfull .
thnx for ur reply and by the way it's mac not linux
maverick, 07 Oct 2009pls stop comparing Omnia II with iphone. Omnia II is in a class of its own. i hv been using m... moreThe phone is in the same market segment so its there to be compared with the iphone. The fact is samsung still has work to do in regard s to firmware . The phone atm is punching below its weight in terms of performance. Hopefully with 6.5 we will see better performance.
pls stop comparing Omnia II with iphone. Omnia II is in a class of its own.
i hv been using mine for about 2 months here in Spore. It has served me well. Has not hang on me and browser is fantastic.
Watching video on its Touch Player is much better than watching it on Media Player. Sound wise is fantastic too. Cam & video quality is on par as any point n shoot cam.
So what else are looking for in a phone? Go get it, and u won't regret bits.
Nice phone but compared to my other phone iphone 3gs the browser is really lame. Really a big disappointment.The pages are rendered really slowly especially high content and there is the issue of connectivity which is not very stable. The phone really needs a firmware upgrade. The display of the phone is amazing however. A good phone but browser stability and speed needs a lot of work.
this device much better than htc but lack of support from soft developer and user. i already have one! proud to myself... haha
Ahmed, 05 Oct 2009omnia 2 is better than the i phone 3gs
- in terms of screen sharpness it is 3.7 amoled resist... moreAll you stop. You cannot compare with Windows and Linux. There are advantages and disadvantages in both units. I have both right now.
I like both units but I can tell my life stories about both.
Anonymous, 05 Oct 2009only advantage is capacative screen? are u kidding me o.o
the graphic card on iphone 3gs own... moreAll you stop. You cannot compare with Windows and Linux. There are advantages and disadvantages in both units. I have both right now.
I like both units but I can tell my life stories about both.