cyberboy222, 22 Feb 2013agree wid you. - we can install flash player manually, so no need to worry about it - even ... moreThe whole idea of buying a small phone like S3 mini is to be able to type using one finger (thumb) while holding the phone on the same hand in (portrait mode). For this I find 3 x 4 keyboard to be most efficient.....and to use this XT9 is the best companion. That's why it is important!
I just got this 0ne and internal memory
is just 4GB what wrong with mine
mudit, 22 Feb 2013which phone should i buy samsung galaxy grand or s3 mini>which phone should i buy samsung galaxy grand or s3 mini
Buy the original S3. Bigger and better screen and NFC and better specs.
intrinsiclogic, 22 Feb 2013To start with I did not blame Samsung for anything!!! All I did was to give my opinion on what... moresrry didn't mean to offend you or something :p...i just wanted to point out that jelly bean doesn't support flash nor move apps to SD(natively), which of course u can have them both if u want(for flash u can install the latest flash player .apk file and for the second just rooted it as ppl say)
about that text writing,i just use landscape mode simple text writing and it is handy and i write fast enough,so dont know wbout that T9 experiance,but a friend of mine with S3 galaxy is using this SwiftKey Keyboard app and he is apsolutely amazed with it(but it think it is a dollar or two,not free)...so if you use alot of text writing i guess its worth to check that out...:p
i dont know anything about rooting and i dont know why would someone wanna do that since u have 4.5GB(out of 8GB) of user avaible space,so if an application uses lets say 20MB,well thers pretty much alot of space for many many many applications to install :p
and for music and videos u can get 32GB of SD card,which is also good amount of space for ur mp3 and video files...
funkyboj, 21 Feb 2013jelly bean is responsible for not being able to move apps to sd card..u can root it and downgr... moreHi.. why downgrade after rooting. Jst install apps2sd for rooted phones. Am I right?
intrinsiclogic, 20 Feb 2013Downside of S3 mini in my experience:
1. You can not transfer applications to sd card.
2... more@ intrinsiclogic
Try a 3rd party keyboard like 'MultiLing Keyboard' for instance. It's free and very light (925kb).
I can't add a link for it because links to Google Play store don't work for some reason.
bought this phone 3 days back. overall performance is quite good except battery backup.
wish that any developer will make custom recovery for this phone soon.
Anonymous, 21 Feb 2013Can someone please tell me how to download whatsappsimply download it via google play
intrinsiclogic, 22 Feb 2013To start with I did not blame Samsung for anything!!! All I did was to give my opinion on what... moreagree wid you.
- we can install flash player manually, so no need to worry about it
- even i never move any apps to SD, so it's not so important for me. just my opinion
- there's no possibilities to downgrade to ICS as samsung never release ICS for s3 mini
- XT9? how important is it?
AxByCz, 21 Feb 2013S advance or SIII Mini??? :-\there are only little different between s advance and s3 mini,
- s3 mini has bigger RAM so it will run smoother than s advance
- s3 mini has some of S3's features like smart stay and s voice
- based on my experience, s advance has better battery backup than s3 mini.
the choice is in your hand
kpprasanth, 21 Feb 2013what about the battery backup of s3 mini ?battery pwer not lasting more than 8 hrs
ruu, 21 Feb 2013hows the call quality on this phone? pls responseIn my view the sound quality on the reception of the call is very good.
funkyboj, 21 Feb 20131.Adobe told us they were only working on Flash for Windows and Mac PCs and it turns out they ... moreTo start with I did not blame Samsung for anything!!! All I did was to give my opinion on what I did not like about S3 mini in my experience of using it.
1. I did not complain about it not having Flash...so that was out of point. Besides it has HTML5 which will cater for that.
2. It is sad that Jelly Bean 4.1 removed the ability to move the applications to SD card. Do you think that is good?
3. I don't think downgrading is a good idea. What google should do is to hear peoples opinion and update their version so that it is a better product.
4. What is your opinion about not having XT9 toggle switch, difficulty of adding new words in personal dictionary, and the quality of prediction of the words?
funkyboj, 21 Feb 20131.Adobe told us they were only working on Flash for Windows and Mac PCs and it turns out they ... more1.this phone does support adobe flash.
2.No need to downgrade this phone to ics, just root ur phone cause there is way to move apps to sd using gl to sd.
I'am planning to buy one
but still confuse bet Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and Galaxy S Duos
Which is better to buy?