thanks david and anonymous! Now the Internet is working! and I agree with you David, the thing is that people who said that "trash is innov8, or Samsung is garbage" are the nokia fans, and do not want to admit because they do not accept that samsung is taking the market now
..seriuosly itz bout tym gsmarena gives us a review.. i mean even the SE C905 review is alredy out..
Victor - U should choose packet data, and instead of putting the IP address, u should use this number in the proxy place.The route66 is free to download at their site, u only pay for the maps u want. How can anyone sat that this phone sucks??? Sorry, but it absolutely doesn´t...
ooh and i forgot something... my cellphone doesn´t have ROUTE66 pre-instaled, do i have to download it?
thanks! pspndsaddict! but i still have 1 problem.. here it says me "packet data connection", i have configure the WAP and i live in paraguay, so i asked to my cellphone company the number of the IP address and all the rest.. but in the configuration they say to me that i have to put in type of connection "GPRS" but the only 2 options that i have is WIRELESS and PACKET DATA, so my question is, exactly what is the packet data? and how i can configure right the wap connection
hi, just got this. first venture into smartphone. Im impressed. battery life seems short. my main question is route 66 bundled or not. Its there but no maps. I was led to believe it was included.
would expect the front camera to be 1.3mp
Does anyone know when/if this will be avilable direct through networks?
Victor, 28 Oct 2008hi everybody, i have this phone since last saturday and till now i like it very much, the came... morewe do share same problem with this handset. and the battery life is too short though i love this phone.
Victor, 28 Oct 2008hi everybody, i have this phone since last saturday and till now i like it very much, the came... moreHi Victor,
I asked the accelerometer sensor before, so I can reply you on this.
Go to setting, general, personalisation, display and switch on the auto pivot.
Have fun with Innov8!
I would've considered this if it had a 640x480 screen instead of a 320x240 with a 8mp camera.
head =/= tails
hi everybody, i have this phone since last saturday and till now i like it very much, the camera resolution is awesome! but there are 2 things that i don't understand yet, please help me!
1. In applications, the GPS+ says something like this "This application may incur charges to tour phone bill" but when i click in "OK" says that i don't set an access point yet, but mi internet access point is my wireless connection. Quest. What type of acces point or connection needs the GPS+? and how i download directly to the phone the ROUTE66 application?
2. How I activate the accelerometer sensor?
Is this likely to be available on the UK '3' network anyone? I asked in my local 3 store and the thicko there wasn't even aware of the phone's existance
Anonymous, 27 Oct 2008how mp is the front camera? will the screen get scratch easy? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz r... morei have to say the screen is a bad point about this phone has it does scratch really easy but at the same time dont think it will crack as easy as the n95 as it does have extra cover over the lcd screen i would recomend getting getting a pouch to stop getting to many scatches i got one after about 2 weeks and it has loads of scatches just in that time but better than my old n95 broke screen twice in just over two weeks
how mp is the front camera? will the screen get scratch easy? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz reply! many many thx
Finally able to test i8510 performance, it's almost perfect, great price compare with N96, awesome multimedia, compatible size etc etc, not bad
Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 vs Nokia N96 vs Nokia N85 : Hardware Performance
CPU Platform :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : TI OMAP 2430 450MHz, 128MB RAM
- Nokia N96 : STMicroelectronics Nomadics STn8815 264MHz, 128MB RAM
- Nokia N85 : FreeScale I.MX31 369MHz, 128MB RAM
Jbenchmark 1.0.1 Total Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 4997
- Nokia N96 : 2796
- Nokia N85 : 3232
Jbenchmark 2.0.1 Total Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 532
- Nokia N96 : 358
- Nokia N85 : 548
Jbenchmark 3D HQ Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 873
- Nokia N96 : 155
- Nokia N85 : 195
Jbenchmark 3D LQ Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 979
- Nokia N96 : 283
- Nokia N85 : 380
Jbenchmark HD Gaming Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 956 (29.0 fps)
- Nokia N96 : 127 (4.2 fps)
- Nokia N85 : 166 (5.5 fps)
TI OMAP 2430 model are the 2nd generation of TI OMAP chips, 2420, powers multiple hi-end Nokia smartphones(N93, N95, E90, N82) and has in fact an integrated 3D accelerator.
The improvement from 2420 also extremely numerous. The CPU frequency has been pulled up to 450MHz from previous value of 330MHz. The chipset can work with high definition camera(> 5 MP) and it take less than a second to take shot. The rest important point about 2430 hardware are an upgrade TWL4030 module (TWL 92230 was used in 2420). TWL4030 is multifunctional solution providing access to numerous codecs, dedicated audio processing module, noise filters, and so on.
Samsung i8510 is the first Samsung smartphone to fully utilize the potential of the hardware graphics accelerator. It is an absolute requirement for processing 8 megapixel images, real-time VGA video decoding with separate audio signal processing(done by dedicated DSP, excluding the possibility of using the music player and camera at the same time). The graphic accelerator can now handle twice as few polygons per second, commonly used to power the best gaming phone.
Nokia N85 utilizes the same hardware as N78, N81, and N79. Freescale is cheaper solution for the most expensive TI OMAP 2430. The lack of 3D accelerator is blatant in the Jbenchmark 3D test. N85 lags behind in other test as well. Despite the lags seen in the test, N85 audio quality is the same with N96, a bit above than N78, but a bit below than Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8.
- Samsung i8510 : Standard, Li-Ion 1200 mAh, Stand-by Up to 310 h, Talk time Up to 8 h 30 min
- Nokia N96 : Standard, Li-Ion 950 mAh, Stand-by Up to 220 h, Talk time Up to 3 h 40 min !!!!!!!!
- Nokia N85 : Standard, Li-Ion 1200 mAh, Stand-by Up to 360 h, Talk time Up to 6 h 50 min
- Samsung i8510 : 8 MP, Video VGA@30fps, QVGA@120fps
- Nokia N96 : 5 MP , Video VGA@30fps
- Nokia N85 : 5 MP, Video VGA@30fps
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 has faster hardware performance, the best camera, excellent sound - DNSe 2.0 (Digital Natural Sound engine), excellent build quality, good battery, good price etc. while Nokia N96 is the slowest most expensive and with just 950 mah battery.
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 fully utilize the potential of the 3D graphic accelerator. It is an absolute requirement for processing the camera, video recording, decoding and playback. Nokia N85 and N96 can't handle this perfectly because the lack of graphic accelerator.
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 is the best gaming phone today. U can enjoy your 3D or HD games running perfectly in 29 fps, while Nokia N85 and N96 only can run below 10 fps. Thank's to dedicated hardware graphic accelerator.