I would've considered this if it had a 640x480 screen instead of a 320x240 with a 8mp camera.
head =/= tails
hi everybody, i have this phone since last saturday and till now i like it very much, the camera resolution is awesome! but there are 2 things that i don't understand yet, please help me!
1. In applications, the GPS+ says something like this "This application may incur charges to tour phone bill" but when i click in "OK" says that i don't set an access point yet, but mi internet access point is my wireless connection. Quest. What type of acces point or connection needs the GPS+? and how i download directly to the phone the ROUTE66 application?
2. How I activate the accelerometer sensor?
Is this likely to be available on the UK '3' network anyone? I asked in my local 3 store and the thicko there wasn't even aware of the phone's existance
Anonymous, 27 Oct 2008how mp is the front camera? will the screen get scratch easy? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz r... morei have to say the screen is a bad point about this phone has it does scratch really easy but at the same time dont think it will crack as easy as the n95 as it does have extra cover over the lcd screen i would recomend getting getting a pouch to stop getting to many scatches i got one after about 2 weeks and it has loads of scatches just in that time but better than my old n95 broke screen twice in just over two weeks
how mp is the front camera? will the screen get scratch easy? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz reply! many many thx
Finally able to test i8510 performance, it's almost perfect, great price compare with N96, awesome multimedia, compatible size etc etc, not bad
Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 vs Nokia N96 vs Nokia N85 : Hardware Performance
CPU Platform :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : TI OMAP 2430 450MHz, 128MB RAM
- Nokia N96 : STMicroelectronics Nomadics STn8815 264MHz, 128MB RAM
- Nokia N85 : FreeScale I.MX31 369MHz, 128MB RAM
Jbenchmark 1.0.1 Total Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 4997
- Nokia N96 : 2796
- Nokia N85 : 3232
Jbenchmark 2.0.1 Total Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 532
- Nokia N96 : 358
- Nokia N85 : 548
Jbenchmark 3D HQ Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 873
- Nokia N96 : 155
- Nokia N85 : 195
Jbenchmark 3D LQ Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 979
- Nokia N96 : 283
- Nokia N85 : 380
Jbenchmark HD Gaming Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 956 (29.0 fps)
- Nokia N96 : 127 (4.2 fps)
- Nokia N85 : 166 (5.5 fps)
TI OMAP 2430 model are the 2nd generation of TI OMAP chips, 2420, powers multiple hi-end Nokia smartphones(N93, N95, E90, N82) and has in fact an integrated 3D accelerator.
The improvement from 2420 also extremely numerous. The CPU frequency has been pulled up to 450MHz from previous value of 330MHz. The chipset can work with high definition camera(> 5 MP) and it take less than a second to take shot. The rest important point about 2430 hardware are an upgrade TWL4030 module (TWL 92230 was used in 2420). TWL4030 is multifunctional solution providing access to numerous codecs, dedicated audio processing module, noise filters, and so on.
Samsung i8510 is the first Samsung smartphone to fully utilize the potential of the hardware graphics accelerator. It is an absolute requirement for processing 8 megapixel images, real-time VGA video decoding with separate audio signal processing(done by dedicated DSP, excluding the possibility of using the music player and camera at the same time). The graphic accelerator can now handle twice as few polygons per second, commonly used to power the best gaming phone.
Nokia N85 utilizes the same hardware as N78, N81, and N79. Freescale is cheaper solution for the most expensive TI OMAP 2430. The lack of 3D accelerator is blatant in the Jbenchmark 3D test. N85 lags behind in other test as well. Despite the lags seen in the test, N85 audio quality is the same with N96, a bit above than N78, but a bit below than Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8.
- Samsung i8510 : Standard, Li-Ion 1200 mAh, Stand-by Up to 310 h, Talk time Up to 8 h 30 min
- Nokia N96 : Standard, Li-Ion 950 mAh, Stand-by Up to 220 h, Talk time Up to 3 h 40 min !!!!!!!!
- Nokia N85 : Standard, Li-Ion 1200 mAh, Stand-by Up to 360 h, Talk time Up to 6 h 50 min
- Samsung i8510 : 8 MP, Video VGA@30fps, QVGA@120fps
- Nokia N96 : 5 MP , Video VGA@30fps
- Nokia N85 : 5 MP, Video VGA@30fps
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 has faster hardware performance, the best camera, excellent sound - DNSe 2.0 (Digital Natural Sound engine), excellent build quality, good battery, good price etc. while Nokia N96 is the slowest most expensive and with just 950 mah battery.
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 fully utilize the potential of the 3D graphic accelerator. It is an absolute requirement for processing the camera, video recording, decoding and playback. Nokia N85 and N96 can't handle this perfectly because the lack of graphic accelerator.
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 is the best gaming phone today. U can enjoy your 3D or HD games running perfectly in 29 fps, while Nokia N85 and N96 only can run below 10 fps. Thank's to dedicated hardware graphic accelerator.
can someone help me,please. everytime i go to web browsing, this phone said that the packet data not available. what is packet data? do i have to configure it to my sim network?email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. thank you
Im a Nokia fangirl. But I have to say Samsung INNOV8 is currently the best phone!
I have this phone now for about 10 days and I am very happy with. I just bought the N85 from Nokia too. But you can not compair INNOV8 with N85. The INNOV8 it is much better than N85. N85 look cheap and push bottoms are not easy to use but no problem with INNOV8. Battery life of N85 better than INNOV8. Only problem I have with INNOV8 is internet set up Wizard not as good to do Auto compair to Nokia. Anyhow INNOV8 by far better than N85. Thanks Samsung.
in romania innov8 is 540 euro brand new,at the grey-market,no contract,no network-blocked,just freeeee!!!. soon will be 500 and in january will be around 450 for sure. best buy on earth!!!
useless comments,with no verdict. here is the verdict: samsung already have 2 models with 5 mp and optical zoom and 2 models with 8mp and symbian,dolby surround and divx. this high end specifications can't be found in any existing nokia or even just announced. the launch of n96 very very late,with smaller battery and camera sensor than previous models,with bad photo performance,shows that nokia have problems this year. only the old n95,18 month ago,was their major change. you can put 16 gb sdhc card on old n95 and yoy have 90% of n96 with only 280 euro!!!
Anonymous, 25 Oct 2008 Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 get new firmware update : HH9 Can you please tell me website.thanks
lynne, 26 Oct 2008Hi all who own this phone. Is a text message able to make a sound and vibrate at the same tim... moreYes you can set it for sound & vibrate at same time. There is no repeat reminder of any kind though and if you miss a text for example the screen will go out and you won't know if you've missed anything till you next use the phone.
Web browsing is much faster than C905, Even the old Nokia N95 is faster at browsing than C905.
would this phone get scratch easy? and wat is the good and bad of this phone? tq.
Hi all who own this phone. Is a text message able to make a sound and vibrate at the same time? Also is there a reapeat noise options for text messages as I always seem to miss them !st time round. Is the web browing faster than say a C905?
what you mean by talk time 8 hours and more, i have one but more then one hour i can talk, i have to recharge and then standy also 8 hours and the battery dead ???? please i need clearence to my point. e-mail is email@example.com