Anonymous, 20 Dec 2009hi. im planning to buy the samsung innov8 .is it worth it ? plz help coz im not sure if i shou... moreIts a great phone and the other b ut thead here doesn't know what he is talking about.
hi. im planning to buy the samsung innov8 .is it worth it ? plz help coz im not sure if i should buy it or not wats ur opinion?
I am getting 7 days in standby mode from my battery.
About 3 days with normal usage. i,e . 2 hours of Nav, 30 minutes of voice calls, and taking about 30 fotos.
The phone has a superior built quality compared to other phone's I've used. The spec's are/were mindblowing (for its time) if it worked all the way it meant to work.
But there are some critics that I've to mention :
- those widgets of which they are talking about in their site (the fancy commercial built in flash, see their website for further info.) don't even exist on the phone, so they're absolutely misleading (lying ?) possible buyers/consumers of this phone;
- the supplied software and drivers used to connect the phone with a computer are one of the buggiest things I've installed on my PC. Is it an alfa? beta? RC?,...
- the phone is not a cheap one, so people want decent support. And support does not just mean a warranty for hardware failure. There is something called firm-/software.
Why should I pay for something that makes my phone work as it's supposed? Why should I update my firmware trough unofficial ways?
There is absolutely nothing wrong in releasing phones with bugs. But it's absolutely inacceptable not to help consumers/buyers (or to ask money) for fixing those (firmware-)bugs by updates. It's wrong not to support your product once you've sold it.
And I've also to mention those people who review the phones. Just look at those reviews from some time ago when this phone was released. Where is the objectivity in all those reviews?
With time it becomes really difficult to distinguish reviews with marketing. It's a big question how those people are testing those things.
How objective are they? They present things as very positive and as the best or one of the best product. You realise in fact for what you've spent your money, once you've bought it.
If people pay the full price for products, they they've the right to get a product with the mentioned specs. of it.
I've thought to upgrade to a i8910, but it seems that this one has some remarquable issues too.
Last but not least, this is my last samsung phone.
Block, 13 Dec 2009Hello. I've a problem with my innov8. Please help.
Sometimes it cant receive calls or it cant... moreI had just the same issues before I flashed the firmware to version I8510XXIB2 (found on a forum, thanks for those people who are sharing it). I had other issues too, as example :
- battery didn't stand long (5-10 minutes wifi usage for any internet app. cost me 1 or 2 bars from the battery indicator - so the specs. mentioned on their site about battery performance were NOT TRUE at all);
- switching trough the menues was very very slow (especially acessing the media such as photos, music, etc.), sometimes the phone didn't react at all, so I needed regularly to restart it;
- the camera performance was not very well; however there are still some bugs in there (the mentioned firmware) that needs to be fixed (like not saving of the camera settings, not being able to use/store/embed GPS coordinates in photos, bad sound quality of the cam and a sync problem too, ...);
- and the list goes on...
So I would advise you to do the same thing as I did.
You'll be able to get much more out of your phone.
I hope this will bring a solution for your problem.
My INNOV8 is the best phone ever.........have had it over a year and NO problems whatsover with anything...........AFTER I flashed the latest firmware.
I want to buy another one but they have actually gone UP in price here in Europe.
That should tell you something.
Strange thing, there is no way to add a music folder into a playlist ! And the Wi-Fi just find instantly if there is a network available even if "Show WLAN Availability" is off. It's like the WI-FI is always on! How can I be sure it's off, so that it won't eat battery?
but what i realy dont like is nokia's software.i always had problem with my old 2 nokias that run on symbian unfortunately but less problems i had on samy symbian innov8 just previous samy g810 run well w/o problems at all,biggiest nightmare for me were n95 and 82
Much more better?, 17 Dec 2009Are true this phone is better than Nokia N86?.of course it is better,nokia is not good built as samsung also nokias plastic used on phones is cheaper then samy use and don't mention about camera performance
Much more better?, 17 Dec 2009Are true this phone is better than Nokia N86?.when it comes to multimedia features, yes it's better, but with telephony, it's a bis NO! and NO!
very ridiculous... i should've bought n86 instead... and make the editing through any picture editor...
karen (cebu), 17 Dec 2009uhm,,hello everyone,,i have plans of buying this phone on saturday,,but i have read a commnt h... moreyes...i tried it, it doesnt support nokia apps and besides, it's having conectivity issues which cannot be resolved by samsung nor smart... this is the reason why people are still patronizin gnokia, they always connect people... msgs here were delayed.. --manila
uhm,,hello everyone,,i have plans of buying this phone on saturday,,but i have read a commnt hear that says INNOV8 doesn't support UZZAP of SMART network?
is it true?please reply,,asap
SAM, 24 Jul 2008Does it have a TV-Out function???yes of course it does
Hey guys vote high for this gadget, it very well deserves a top position in the Current Rankings chart
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970oh, wow, too far, im in the philippines...it's a network issue in here...