rohit, 04 Nov 2009has anyone used the mms facility in this phone? well, sending one is just like sending a messa... moreits' because this phone doesn't support your service provider. I live in the USA. t-mobile has the same issues like you're having. The firmware and the phone are not available in the U.S. That's why t-mobile USA is not compatible with the phone. Therefore, you can't receive normal mms. I can receive mms, but the picture is limited to 7kb hahaha. YOu can't see anything with that small size.
Mark Johnson, 04 Nov 20091. In Cape Town, South Africa just curious wanting to know when you download a movie to the Sa... moreNo u cannot download windows on it. Where did u buy your phone from and what network and price coz its not out in durban yet but i want to get it when it arrives.
A Subliminal Apocaly, 04 Nov 2009Your Phone Is Probably set on the highest brightness level, coz it takes up alot of battery. S... moreHey Subliminal. Does the lighting levels change by using the light sensor, making it brighter when in a dark room and dull in sunlight?
sajad, 04 Nov 2009a Subliminal Apocaly, hey frnd i m 100% satisfied with this phone it rocks... moreApparantley the newer firmwares give you better battery life. Many people from India complain about their battery performance, i think it's because of the indian firmware, but there are other factors to consider.
gsmarena says that the i8910 has a 3.7" display 24-bit color, where as samsung official website says that it is a 3.2" display with 16-bit color !!!??? for device owners, how does the 24-bit experience rate with repect to that of the 16-bit?
sajad, 04 Nov 2009a Subliminal Apocaly, hey frnd i m 100% satisfied with this phone it rocks... moreYour Phone Is Probably set on the highest brightness level, coz it takes up alot of battery. Set it on autobrightness if you havent dont it already. My battery is running fine. Yeah, but i do have to charge it daily, because at the end of the day i have like 2-3 points left. I havent updated my phone either coz the phone updater says "the phone connected cannot be updated". I know i can update it by hacking/debranding the phone but that will spoil the warranty i got from the dealer.
has anyone used the mms facility in this phone? well, sending one is just like sending a message. but how about receiving one? i live in india (vodafone connection) and when i receive an mms, i just get a message (sms) from the service provider that i've got an mms and i should visit their site and view it. is there a way to view the mms directly? as in, in the messaging area itself (like when i send an mms).. can some1 help on this one?
nick, 04 Nov 2009you can call record, just go into the voice recorder, then during the call, click record. easyhave u tried this on the omnia HD? if yes, could you please post your firmware details here.. thanks :)
hiamigo, 03 Nov 2009its 1hr in omnia hdit's 1 hr recording time for the normal voice recording.. not call recording..
SAJAD, 03 Nov 2009rohit sahab i had omnia hd and i have installed plenty of softwares and games on it including ... morehey thanks for that input! will try that link and will get back to you.. do visit this forum regularly :)
vbhv007, 02 Nov 2009Yoy are totally right. It should be the consumer's prerogative to decide what he wants and wha... morei dont think there's a call recorder in the omnia HD.. as in, during a call, i dont see an option to record the call. even if i try starting the voice recorder during a call, i get a message that it cannot start the voice recorder during a voice call..
A Subliminal Apocaly, 04 Nov 2009Heyy guys, i own an Omnia HD a.k.a i8910 HD and would like to share my opinion about it with y... morea Subliminal Apocaly,
hey frnd i m 100% satisfied with this phone it rocks i m the x user of nokia e90,n93,and aplle 3g but they stands nowhere to it,but frnd i dnt agree with ur opinon on battery coz it sucks,my phones battery hardly gives me 12 hour [ which includes 2 hour music and 1 hour calling and rest is stanby] i m from india and i had never updated it is it because of software version,my version is i8910ddig3 and version date is 17/7/09,plz help
I am interested how calendar is organised. I could not find any detailed description/demo on this topic.
- Is there an option to assign colors for separate types of events (e.g. work/home/other) as in SE P910?
- Is there cut/copy/paste functions within the calendar?
- Is there an option to set a repetitive tasks?
Thaks in advance for any response.
Heyy guys, i own an Omnia HD a.k.a i8910 HD and would like to share my opinion about it with you guys. Hope it helps people who are planning to buy this phone.
Things I Liked About This Phone:
1. Can play almost any video format, no need for conversion. Just transfer your movies and they are ready to be watched in an amazing video player which works without hassle providing amazing quality videos.
2. Speakers in this phone are really loud, just something i wanted. they are louder than any of the phones i have ever used.
3. Touch screen is very responsive, has an amazing resolution, better than the iphone in my opinion. Brightness is at its best, the autobrightness feature helps alot.
4. The widget system is really helpful and does not require you to browse through menus to reach an application, just click on the shortcut which you dragged on your homescreen from the widget menu which pops on the left!
5. The 5.1 channel option in the music player sounds awesome when you have your phone plugged in to a home theatre system.
6. The phone is fully customizable, things like the wallpaper, screensaver, theme, menu view, homescreen theme, shortcuts, widgets etc can be changed.
7. The battery life is pretty good for a high end phone like this. I watched 2 movies which lasted 4 hours and listened to some music including about 2 hours of talktime. I was surprised to find not even a single point missing from the battery bar.
8. Runs on symbian s60 5th edition which makes many applications available to the user and you wont be confused about what to press at point, because im sure that most of you guys have previously used nokia phones. So this phone runs almost the same way as nokia phones which use symbian OS. But symbian OS in this phone is alot faster than the one is Nokia phones ofcourse.
9. Amazing amount of inbuilt memory. Maximum memory that you can have on your phone is 48 GB!
10. Writing options on this phone are very good. Handwriting recognition is very accurate. it was able to recognize the handwriting of my friend which has the worst handwriting in the my class! Qwerty keyboard works like a charm with the touchscreen which responds to the softest touch.
11. Videos Recorded are of overwhelming quality, atleast for a mobile phone.
12. Camera has many setting and scenes to choose from, which work best in daylight.
13. Browsing through the gallery and media browser is pretty charming.
14. The new 3D task manager is very good, as we can monitor and quit the apps we are running. but it isn't available in some firmware versions.
15. Cover Flow system helps you browse through your music albums in a fast manner. this method is better than browsing through the normal list which is slow.
16. The internet browser is awesome! with full flash support which plays videos from the http youtube site , you dont need to go the mobile youtube website anymore!
17. The GPS receiver is fast and accurate. The pre-installed route 66 navigation software is pretty good.
Things That should be improved / I Didnt like about this phone:
1. The Phone Lags while browsing through songs in the music library.
2. Camera quality drops to zero when pictures are taken in dim light / night. Pictures are pretty blurry in dim light, but they rock in daylight!
3. Camera setting are not saved when changed.
4. 3D task manager lags.
5. Overall browsing is abit slow, and when multimedia folders such as the video clips folder is opened, it takes time to load all the videos.
These are all the things/issues i came accross in the samsung i8910 HD. If u guys have any questions about this phone, do ask me. I would say this phone is the best samsung produced till now. its a must-try phone. im sure the camera/lag issues will be fixed by releasing new firmware versions. Im truly happy with this phone. It satisfies all my needs.
1. In Cape Town, South Africa just curious wanting to know when you download a movie to the Samsung Omnia i8910 HD, when I click on the folder then it refuses to open, please help.
2. Can one load windows onto the Samsung Omnia i8910 HD
Symbios, 04 Nov 2009Hey Guys,
I'm not which have or haven't hacked your i8910 hd yet but i suggest that u do. s... moresymbios,
or frnd plz guide me how to use hellox coz i had downloaded and installed it already
Symbios, 04 Nov 2009Hey Sajad,
My bad! i think i know what the issue is! i have hacked my phone with helloOX2 ... moresymbios,
thanks bro, actually i m signing every app through a pc signer i had installed hellox already but i dnt know how to use it, plz if u can do one thing plz frnd download sky force reloded full screen version of n97 from ovi store and upload it to gallery.mobile9.com,coz its amazing game i had played it on my nokia e90 and noki n96,and its touchscreen version is available on ovi,actually the indian govt. had disconnected gprs facility in kashmir for last 2 months and i m not able to download it even after the hack.thanks