To All Dear Omnia HD Fans,
I have been following this forum for quite a while. I learned a lot in the past few months. Many Goods…some bads and so on. However I still want to put forth some queries which are more in the nature of discussions.
1) I am really beating my head since the last few months in deciding which one to buy: SE Satio, Samsung Pixon 12 or the forum’s champion; i8910HD. I have been following all the details about the Resistive Vs Capacitive screen battle (Unfortunately BOTH 12 MP phones are resistive) but I believe if the processor is fast enough (as in the pixon 12) then should not the phone response also be fast? I really would not mind pressing the phone a little bit more if that is the case. I mean how irritating can a resistive screen be in everyday use ?(Please consider processor speed also before answering unlike some other Samsung/ Nokia phones with shitty resistive screens and lesser processing speed). Would Samsung and Sony Ericsson (both who are masters in making cellphones and definitely know more than all of us about mobile making) be dumb enough to release both their kick-ass 12 MP devices with resistive screens if they were not good enough (I am sure they know that capacitive screens are the popular choice in all mobile forums.)
2) I am new to handling touch screens, so my greatest nightmare would be if this phone falls down, then is the screen likely to crack or break or would the touch sensitivity be affected. If the screen does break somehow, how much would it cost to get it repaired?
3) Is there anything special in the protective glass coating in the i8910 screen that makes it more durable than that of Pixon 12 or Satio.
4) How does the Omnia HD camera sensor, shutter speed and apperture compare to that of the pixon 12 and Satio. Though I know that adding more Mega Pixels is more of a marketing gimmick than actual usage, but the XENON flash is the “SOLE FACTOR” that has kept me from buying this phone. No xenon means that I can’t use this phone for low light indoors or during DJ Nights with extreme low lights. My earlier Nokia N82 had a legendary camera with great xenon. So anything less than a xenon would actually be a degrade for me.
5) Is there any remarkable or breathtaking difference in daily use bw the 360X680 resolution of i8910 & 480X800 resolution of Pixon 12.
6) We know that i8910 is HD as it can play HD movies and record HD. But does that mean that Pixon 12 can’t play HD movies even though it has higher resolution (480X800)?
7) Can we record calls in this by default or by installing a software?
8) (This is aimed mainly at Indian Users but anyone who can help is welcome)
Can we install new S 60 applications (like java games downloaded from net/ new themes or other usual phone softwares like call record, dictionaries etc ? I know, this question seems silly, but believe me, whenever I tried doing that in my earlier Nokia N82- it simply showed untrusted software certificate or application not supported (even though it was the latest Symbian S 60 platform…That sucked big time- to have a high end device in your hand and not being able to use it for fun applications)
9) Pixon 12 is not a smartphone but it can do multitasking. So how does it matter whether it has a symbian OS or not like the Omnia HD. Can we install java aopplications and other softwares I mentioned in Pixon 12.
10) Can the Camera shutter sound be put on silent mode while clicking?
I apologise for such a long post and so many questions but I want the forum members to understand that this is a big investment for me and I sincerely want to get my facts correct before I take a decision rather than having to stick with a wrong choice for the next couple of years.
I would be truly grateful to all the people who can contribute in helping me with the questions I have. Please take some time and post your valuable suggestions. Looking forward to responses from all the active members of the forum..
Great Phone. Due to go a long way before it gets outdated. Just a Xenon would make it unconquerable
hamid, 13 Oct 2009Dirk,
The review is dutch or somthin', i couldnt read it.
Whats, LED LCD TV? does it mean wh... moreHamid
Yes, the backlight is LED's instead of flourescent tube on older LCD TV's Its much thinner and uses half the energy of them also. And the colors are much more vivid , especialy black.
Go to a TV store and look at one.
hey guys, anyone using this phone in india, can you please let me know if you have been able to install and use mapmyindia navigation software on this phone and if it is working properly or not. a lot of my friends have told me that it is the best nav software for india. it is freely available for winmo on the net but not sure if avb 4 dis mobile. a prompt reply would be appreciated as i intend to buy a new phone before diwali. thanks a lot.
Install Jbak Taskman and stop 'screen capture' which runs all the time but really has no function.
from where to get this and how is it gonna help us to save some battery life and one more question what the hell is screen capture? thanks
Dirk, 12 Oct 2009bili
DLNA works thru a DNLA capable device like many new LCD TV's
I just bought another ... moreDirk,
The review is dutch or somthin', i couldnt read it.
Whats, LED LCD TV? does it mean white leds are behind the lcd act as "backlight"?
Its not an amoled screen, am i right?
rohit, 12 Oct 2009A simple answer :P there's a left arrow shown on the top left corner of the screen, right next... moreThanks for the reply, sometimes the answer is staring you in the face and can't see it.Dumb hey.
Mo, 12 Oct 2009Piece of crap tv.Mo,
GFY , you know nothing.
The TV just came out. LED.
D i p s h i t e
I just bought this phone! It's got everything you wish for! You can directly copy 700 mb avi movies! Supports all! And supports almost all of the nokia softwares! You can do almost anything with this device! some people complained about the volume in the headphone! But guys, you can tweak it! It's louder and clearer. Camera is amazing, better than Vierty smart, n97. And if you like to capture video, nothing can be better than HD video that this phone offers you! I will give it 10/10 ... higly recommended!
verifunny, 12 Oct 2009to freaks out there - this is a phone, not a camera. get a life.....it's a phone WITH a camera. dork.
to freaks out there - this is a phone, not a camera. get a life.....
Zzzz, 12 Oct 2009Don't like this brick and don't like Symbian. Better move: Canon IXUS 100IS: 12 Mp, HD vid... moreU got the camera covered and the phone for making calls, but what about the rest of the features like gps, wifi, divx support, memory etc... I'm definately not going to carry my camera everywhere i go.
rohit, 12 Oct 2009To add to what Dirk has said, DLNA can be used if you have a wifi router/modem connected to yo... moreRohit
Thanks for explaining it more in detail.
Yes I have wifi network in my house. 3 computers off one wifi router/modem. Mine is WPA encrypted and it was simple adding my phone and TV to the network.
bili, 12 Oct 2009can any body use DLNA in this phone?pls tel me how it works?To add to what Dirk has said, DLNA can be used if you have a wifi router/modem connected to your desktop (possibly even with a wifi enabled laptop). Things u'll need to do:
Set up WLAN connection from your phone to the wifi network (hope u know how to do that)
Get a software like windows media player 11.
Then follow steps given in the link below:
(note: when the page loads, it may show an add covering the full screen. you can click "skip this ad" on the top right corner of the page)