jeremiah.creed, 22 Jun 2009Really this is gud
could you plz post the link so that i can see it for myself
thanks in advanceI'm in South Africa but I went onto the UK section of the Samsung site, here is the link:
I was in doubt in buying N97 or Samsung I8910, but after several comparisons and seeing some reviews I did choose the Samsung and Iím very pleased with my choice, and why? Well, starting:
- The big screen and the imageí quality is no doubt an A+. You might think that the phone is to big, but when you have it you will see that you can handle very well.
- The processor is very fast and therefore running applications or change between them is very fast. The touch interface is great.
- The video recording on HD and camera are amazing so you donít need any camcorder anymore or digital camera, since the quality of the photos or videos are impressive with several ways to shoot photos.
- Seeing videos on DIVX and XVID are as well a plus, sing you donít need to convert anymore files and the quality is again outstanding and with a plus that recognises the subtitles if you put another file with them.
- Here in Portugal the phone it costs less than N97 and come with a memory card with Ndrive GPS with real images that is absolutely incredible to navigate.
- Music play is quiet good where you can listen as well with virtual 5.1 Dolby Surround. The radio is quiet good too but still need the headsets but you can connect it and then put in speakers for others to listen too, so is good.
- The widgets are very cool where you can access very well to some applications only dragging and open.
- Here, the phone comes with 8GB and a card up to 16GB so is good enough to have all the things you want.
- One great thing for me is a zone where you can add photos and associate them to contacts and therefore you just need to touch the photo and gives you the option to send message, or make a call. For example, if you have a photo with several people that you have in your contacts, you can associate, in the same photo, their faces to theirs phones, so, only with one photo you can choose the person you want to call, is quiet nice.
- One last thing to the internet is good and because of the big screen you easily surf with your fingers.
- Sending messages are great as well because the QWERTY keyboard and the big letters on It, so, even that you have big fingers you donít have problems touch the letters and the written is very, very fast.
- Many more applications are very good, but itís no need to write more, for the message doesnít get very big.
Final note is that I recommend this phone because, and despite there are no perfect phones and Itís missing some things to this phone too (ex: doesnít have voice commands), in general the phone is outstanding and depending what you want in a phone you can clearly see that this phone correspond to may peopleís demands.
Thanks for reading my comment and hope it helps.
candy, 22 Jun 2009thanks, i like the large size as well lol just hope my pockets hold, never been one for bags..... moreno problem
Personally i have not used the 5800, so cannot really comment on the phone. However, spec wise the 5800 does not come even close to the i8910.
At first I was put off by the size of the i8910, but when you get used to it, it is no problem at all. Especially when you consider you no longer need to carry around a camera and HD video camera in addition. For everything the i8910 does, the size is actually quite incredible!
Price wise in S.A, i'm not sure. However i believe this product is going to retail at somewhere between £550 and £600 in the UK. When you consider how much the Iphone costs SIM free (£600), this strikes me as a real bargain. In addition, the i8910 is only marginally more expensive that its underpowered competitor, the Nokia N97! I think Samsung have done a really good job therefor.
Definately but this phone, it is ace!
YF, 22 Jun 2009I am very interested in this phone. However I am reluctant to buy it because it uses Symbian ... moreFRING, is the best voip service for skype, msn, googletalk, twitter, yahoo mess.
download from www.fring.com
I use everyday for talk between Russia and Argentina.
gsmarena please give us a review of this phone and a camera shootout of all the 8mp phones so we can compare the camera quality.
can't guarantee, but from what I found on the net, this company operates at least from middle of 2008 and looks quite trustworthy.
Jim, 22 Jun 2009Yes, I did see that as well... but I really doubt its legitimate. I wouldn't take my chances... morewhy not? if you pay with Paypal you are protected up to £500 anyway, though you can try to find out ome info first about the company before buying the phone.
anonymouse, 22 Jun 2009has anyone seen this???!! (the price i mean)
http://www.wiredia.com/samsung-i8910-omnia-hd-16... moreYes, I did see that as well...
but I really doubt its legitimate. I wouldn't take my chances with it.
anonymouse, 22 Jun 2009has anyone seen this???!! (the price i mean) http://www.wiredia.com/samsung-i8910-omnia-hd-16... morevery attractive offer, but don't forget about postage, plus $90 to the price.
has anyone seen this???!! (the price i mean)
Mike, 22 Jun 2009HI I can can confirm that this phone does have handwriting recognition. In addition, the keyp... morethanks, i like the large size as well lol just hope my pockets hold, never been one for bags.... now if it'll just come out in s.a sigh... oh another question i keep hearing/reading this is a samsung nokia 5800, in s.a 5800 is marketed as low-mid range price now how much does i8910 cost in comparison?
Liberty, 22 Jun 2009According to Samsung's site it has a FM transmitter.Really this is gud
could you plz post the link so that i can see it for myself
thanks in advance
VoIP over WiFi do you mean like using Skype on mobille phone ? if yes maybe you can try install Fring ?
Do they fix the 8hz audio recording quality? It supports multi-touch? Thanks! Great phone, my next one...
Candy, 22 Jun 2009Hi, my questions about handwriting recogntion, from what I read capacitive does not support th... moreHI
I can can confirm that this phone does have handwriting recognition. In addition, the keypad is absolutely fantastic to use. The large screen makes the keys really large and easy to press. Furthermore, it gives vibration feedback so you know you have pressed the key properly. In general, i can type quicker on this than i could even on my blackberry bold. Its amazing!
Hope this helps