iphone user, 16 Mar 2009is this a multi touch like iphone?Thought Apple held the patent on multi-touch displays and weren't letting anyone else use them. I could have been misinformed though.
Anonymous, 15 Mar 2009Nokia please take note of the i8910 specifications and put in a Carl Zeiss lens.I think what you mean is Samsung put in a Carl Zeiss camera lens
Samsung Omnia HD : Hardware and First Impressions
- The biggest screen and the "best" touch technology with the brightest display sistem. Both Nokia 5800 and Apple iPhone were outshone for colour and contrast by the OLED technology.
- Capacitive screens with a tough outer glassfront, and the use of a OMAP3 processor with graphic acceleration makes for an utterly superb user experience. You touch the screen, something happens. Immadiately.
- Faster touch response in virtual QWERTY keyboard with greater area per virtual key.
- Slickness TouchWIZ home screen
- No lens cover or shutter, a bit of a disappointment.
- Night-time flash is via single LED
- Pretty cool Web browser.
- Played everything video format without complaining
- The speakers are almost as loud as Nokia 5800. Sound quality in headset was especially good.
- A whopping, humungous 163MB of RAM free after booting.
- Omnia HD is the right product at the right time ? Maybe.
I agreed wif revan. Stop comparing. WinMo sucks n those that promotes it "go back home and suck your thumb". My fren bought a WinMo phone and sold it 2 weeks later.
Ok, it does not have multi-touch capabilities, atleast not yet cuz its not in the final firmware but who knows
Samsung are really starting to leave the competition behind on their high-end phones. This one's definitely on my shopping list.
ReVan, 15 Mar 2009People STOP comparing this phone with WinMO especially HTC Firestone. This phone has a much po... morei really do agree with u. u r really intelligent and knowlaedgable guy about cellphones and u know what is this masterpiece from samsung i am very happy that i could find a person that knows sth about this masterpiece
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2009I got an Omnia, and I am not going to buy this "Omnia HD." The next real "Omnia HD" is the HT... moredo u think it is wise to compare i8910 omnia HD with htc model? if i give 100 to omnia hd i will give 20-30 t o htc models at all
I can't wait until this phone is available in the UK!! It's practically perfect... I hope the battery really is as powerful as it states in the specifications though. XD
Anonymous, 15 Mar 2009HTC Firestone is nice but no flashPeople STOP comparing this phone with WinMO especially HTC Firestone. This phone has a much powerful multimedia hardware than any phone in it's class, plus it runs on S60 9.5 which is the next gen in Series 60 OS. Supporting countless apps and games.
Samsung is delivering a very powerful hardware having the PowerVR which supports flawless 3D gaming.
Please do your homework before posting comments.
jp, 15 Mar 2009how i wish it will have a multi-touch input method., then it will be the best phone of 2009..I might be a noob to touch but isnt capative touchscreen supposed to allow multi-touch input?
grevuk, 15 Mar 2009does ne1 no wheather this is got handwriting option and a querty keyboard???? and when is this... moreI have read in review of this phone that it will not support handwiring option as its tuchscreen is of capacitive type, it will only work with direct finger touch.
how i wish it will have a multi-touch input method., then it will be the best phone of 2009..
does ne1 no wheather this is got handwriting option and a querty keyboard???? and when is this thing coming out in the UK?
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2009would have been better with winmodon't think it would be better with Winmo... its a multimedia heavy camera + HD video phone, I would hate to see my screen limited to 65k colors by Winmo...
The housing is a little bit ugly, but otherwise, I don't know another phone that I can use to record HD videos.
I'd rather have a videocam with phone function than a phone with video function at any rate though...
Nokia please take note of the i8910 specifications and put in a Carl Zeiss lens.