Yeah, it defenetly reads pdf files...but kies is tottaly messed up and a pointless program.
Anonymous, 07 Sep 2010Hello,
Could someone who has used the Galaxy S as well as the HTC Desire, please give me a ... moreGalaxy S has a lot of problems while Desire has ni problems at all. Galaxy S does not feel comfortable to hold in the hand while Desire feels very comfortable even with only onehand-use. If you do not which to buy, then you will definetly not be disapointed with Desire, but Galaxy S could be a real expensive disapointment.
Desire has more happy customers, and HTC offers a lot better support and faster updates of Android to newer versions.
Buy Desire! I regret buying Galaxy S, and I bought Desire after having used Galaxy S and been frustrated over its bad performance, like useles gps and mono FM-radio and frekvent "lagging".
The features of the M110S Galaxy S are very much similar to the I9000 Galaxy S.Are there any differences? I dont know which one is better to buy?
Can someone please advice me.....regards to all
Could someone who has used the Galaxy S as well as the HTC Desire, please give me a suggestion between the 2?
I've gone through multiple reviews online, which has done all but help me decide :)
I have been owning this phone since since 4th of September 2010. The experience is not good. Please let me highlight a number of items that made me to decide that this phone is not good enough to be used by me for personal and business use.
1. The Samsung Kies application that provided with the phone is full of bugs or underdeveloped. When installed on the HP desktop PC it sieged the CPU so no resource power was left for basic Windows applications (~95% or CPU was taken out). The application load time (already installed) is excessively long, 2-4 minutes. When it wa finaly loaded I tried to explore the menu shown on the screen and as soon as I went to see what content on phone's memory and/or microsd card I inserted, the whole application has crashed and closed off. It is a repeatable behaviour. I tried on two different fully licensed and updated PCs with Windows XP.
2. I made a search on google and found that people have been complaining about numerous bugs in Kies. I then uninstall the Kies and downloaded latest version from Samsung. I found almost no differences in behaviour to the previous version release.
3. The phone itself has an issues or limitations that make me impossible to use in day-to-day activities.
· Calendar proclaimed to be of easy setup and use(as per manual), but it tied up with requirement to have google account, so you cant use it till the account is activated. The google account requirement is only shown in the phone not in the manual. The sync with google will be required every time I change the record in calendar. For privacy reasons I can not have external google to dictate how I have to set my phone. This is very bad design and approach Samsung took.
· I setup email account that linked to my POP account. When it was created the phone pulled all email headers from the inbox automatically. I did not find config that allows to manage how to phone interacts with the email account. I tried to delete the account that I created in the phone, I couldn't find account delete command in the phone, you only can change its config or ad a new one.
· The yahoo account couldn't be linked to the phone. All valid account email and password has been inserted.
. The MS Office type application can be activate only if google account is created
. The PDF reader is not installed
. the headphones buds dont sit in the 'standard' ears, poping out by its own weight. when pushed to deep inside the only bass could be listened to. bad
. Samsung support is pathetic, no support even when you register the product.
no way froyo is releasing in 3rd week for this month..... enjoy.....
galaxy s cheaper than htc desire....
today i was updating my galaxy s to froyo through samsung kies.but it got stucked..i disconnected the phone.then tried with odin but its also not working..dont know what to do
dr balaji, 07 Sep 2010very poor battery , not even for a day ! ! !CONDITION your battery ...it will be great ! also install the task killer from the Market ....ur problems will be solved....its got GREAT battery amongst all smart phones
Froyo is not coming soon, I9000XXJPC is far from ready for final release.
HTC Desire is a much better phone, HTC Sence is a much better, gps is good, FM-radio is stereo, camera has flash, no "lag"... I se no reason why anyony should spend extra money for Galaxy S instead of HTC Desire.
Anonymous, 06 Sep 2010I've done a straight swap iphone4 for a galaxy s. why did u buy iphone 4 in the first place ??any ways now that u are using galaxy s can u tell me the difference b/w the 2 phones !!
Saw the movie Alice in woodland yesterday awesome clarity in 5.1 surround sound amazing. .... But after watching the movie had to charge again....
Galaxy S stalker, 07 Sep 2010Maybe because nokia wants market share from phone users who believes that a pretty UI and a fa... moreSymbian is there anything to understand most nokia's are driven by symbian..........please make ur comments more clear(because i had used 6600,n85 and 6030)........its not about hacking/rootin or anything.........I fully respect nokia and sony for their efforts in the past years but now they are not looking forward.....they stil want to blieve and make believe its 2004...........
Meego is not for users who want to crack its for users who want more................
In the past when LCD came it took little time for people to change from CRT's but when they found the difference HI def emerged and it gained a lot of popularity within months.....
The word is change......Some people(whether its about money or not) dont like to change from their old stereotyped things.........I still hold on2 my w200i as I am attached with it(bought another sim and keep it charging)...........but I wanted to c the changes happening........... and I am almost satisfied except for the battery life........If we use it(heavy) barely goes to 15 hours......but normal use it goes around 1.5 days...........
Anonymous, 07 Sep 2010Nobody said it is inferior...........But symbian can't take over the challenges ahead.......it... moreMaybe because nokia wants market share from phone users who believes that a pretty UI and a fast processor is all that matters. Symbian is for users who understand it, and for users who know all the things it can do.
I'm not saying that android, ios, bada, are all pretty UI and fast processor. I know they have their own strengths and weaknesses. They really kickass in terms of touch responsiveness. And i admire them for the way they are. But for now, i'll stay with symbian-as my main phone OS, as long as i'm not disappointed with it.
To some people who use android, ios, bada, etc. Try exploring your OS a bit, as a symbian user i firmly believe that other OSes are not just about installing apps, frequent updates, attractive UI. Know ways to get their services free, just like i do, you can do so much more.
But if you are already contented with what your OS has to offer at first glance. And you have no interest on rom modding, hacking, cracked apps. and many more. Then you'll have to wait for MeeGo. Because it's for users like you.
I'll wait for meego too when i decided that paying is easier than getting free, in short, when i'm rich.
Galaxy S is way better than iphone 4 IMHO BTW. ;-)
hi all, 07 Sep 2010How can you judge symbian 3 before it's even released? Bit is like an entirely new OS to the o... moreNobody said it is inferior...........But symbian can't take over the challenges ahead.......it ultimately has to give its position to meego.....if symbian was as smart and new as u said y nokia is goin forward with mego.....and chances are hi for the change
Heard from a friend that we can call from SGS&Wave to another phone via internet(like skye)........that is call from India to any other country(possible through internet)???If so how is it possible???pls help me
Hello, i'm gonzalo from Argentina y i like this cellphone.
i have got a question. when this great phone is comming from Argentina or Latin American?