It been 2 weeks since I have been using this phone...
Here is what I have to say.....
1) Display is topnotch... HD videos look owsome.
2) Though the set looks delicate it is very tough.
I accidentlly droped the phone, on screen. But to my suprise nothing happened. Not a single sratch on the screen
3) Lot of appliations and games avialable in adnroid market.
4) It too light in wieght.
5) I have added 16 Gb microsd card, now i have got total 32 Gbs on my phone, thats owsome. I tried getting 32 gb card but its not avialable yet :( That would have make it 48 Gbs.
6) I read many comments about not able to connect to PC. But I did not face this issue atall. Samsung keies software rocks.
7) If you suddenly face some issue due to third party app and games like Os crash etc, you can just hit reset to factory settings and that would solve all your problems.
1) Its a fingeprint magnet. The phone looks ungly with all these fingerprints allover.
2)No flash, thats sucks as there was vast difference in quality in the snaps taken in the night, otherwise the snaps taken in daylight are owsome.
3) Battery life is too short.
4) Out of 512 Mbs of Ram only 256 mbs is usfull due to old oversion of android. Hope to get froyo update very soon. Also adobe flash support is not there. 2.2 os update should solve all these issues.
5) There is no screen protection or lather covers avialable in the market as of now. (Applicable to India at least).
Oveall Its a good bargen.. go for it .........
Hi users, please tell me is it worth to pay 28k to this model...And it is samsung...
DaRkMyk, 14 Jul 2010To use the Mass Storage Mode!!! first, check your USB Settings at Settings → About... morethanks man...it is work now...but still with the kies is a problem.....i choose to ask during the connection....when i select mass storage the kies launch itself but it said it doesnt support this connection but the mass storage work properly.....then when i choose connect with Kies.....it doest launh automatically and cant detect my phone.....so what is the problem right now???? already joine the xdadev. and waiting for the confirmation....by the way thanx for your help the site is very helpfull for a noob SGS user like me....
PAQ, 14 Jul 2010Download Advance Task Killer from Market and kill processThx a lot!
Can anyone tell me how can i stop the running applications? I have this phone for just few hours and i can't figure it out.
If i open the music player and play a song, how can i stop the music player? It's still running on the background with other recent applications??
Dont know why i dont have GOOGLE VOICE SEARCH on my Galaxy s Indian Version.
Anyone with indian version without GOOGLE VOICE SEARCH,
Anonymous, 13 Jul 2010do you have the same problem too????....i also have downloaded Kies 5 times maybe more the sam... moreTo use the Mass Storage Mode!!!
first, check your USB Settings at
Settings → About phone → USB settings, Make sure it's set as "Mass Storage" or "Ask on Connection"
1)Connect your phone to your PC's USB
2)Select Mass Storage (in case you set it as "Ask on Connection")
3)On your Galaxy S, Drag down the notification tray & Click the "USB connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer."
for more support, become a member at
Anonymous, 13 Jul 2010what is a bd rip??? and one more thing...when you connect it with Kies or as mass storage do y... moreYou still have to "Mount" your phone..
1)Connect your phone to your PC's USB
2)Select Mass Storage (in case it asks you what to do)
3)On your Galaxy, Drag down the notification tray & Click the "USB connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer."
become a member at www.xda-developers.com
is this phone good for games and what is the battery life like, also can you facebook games on it daughter wants one
Anonymous, 13 Jul 2010do you have the same problem too????....i also have downloaded Kies 5 times maybe more the sam... moreI am in Belgium and on my third !!!! Galaxy and same problem. Now support from Samsung.
[deleted post]what is a bd rip??? and one more thing...when you connect it with Kies or as mass storage do you still can use the phone and what is shown on your display??? mine nothing happen just only the usb sign on the top if the phone and still can use the phone like normal...would be vera happy if you can help me with this...very sad nice phone but cannot connect it with my pc....please help me if you know any methode to solve this problem...
XMAN, 13 Jul 2010i have no problems connecting pc as screen to be unlocked yours is european version or what?
hey guys... some of u have said that Galaxy S is available in India, specifically in New Delhi for Rs 28,500. Can someone please tell me where exactly in Delhi is it available for that much? i tried one or 2 stores and they both said 30K. Please tell me a specific shop with address and if possible phone number.
I will be very thankful.