unfortunately it's an android phone :-( the same thikness with samsung's os or Bada would be great, we don't want google...
Based on the specifications of this phone, it will truly be a competitor phone against the new iPhone 4G, Evo 4G, HTC Incredible, and others because I saw the video of the Galaxy and it is very promising and I loved it! This phone would be my next phone, despite having a MyTouch3G here, LOL
I dont know why everyone is complaining about the design, i find it sleek and sexy, the EVO looks to simple, just a rectangle with 4 sensitive buttons.
what about AT&T? They already have a better 3G coverage. As they are upping their towers/infrastructure for the next iPhone release anyway.
Plus I am on AT&T, but dont want the Jesus phone, ppl on ATT know theydont have much option but to buy iPhone. This would give a good reason to look at choice :(
It's funny how I went to an apple store and asked about the RAM size and no one knew it, all they say is 16GB and 32GB. For God sake, someone put some matter in these so called jesus technicians :)
Anonymous, 18 May 2010yes that would be nice but look: 1: this phone is getting android 2.2, prolly after 1 or 2 mo... moreThere is a major difference between bluetooth 3.0 and 4.0.. Power consumption.
Anonymous, 18 May 2010yes that would be nice but look:
1: this phone is getting android 2.2, prolly after 1 or 2 mo... morethis phone is getting android 2.2, prolly after 1 or 2 months ;)
Are u sure about this? were from did u get to know this?? can u provide me the source link???
vamshi, 18 May 2010If samsung could release a revised version of Galaxy S(I9000)with following tweaks:
OS: And... moreyes that would be nice but look:
1: this phone is getting android 2.2, prolly after 1 or 2 months ;)
2: not a huuuge difference between bluetooth 3.0 and 4.0 plus 4.0 hasnt even been released yet...
3:Battery 2000mAh, yes that would indeed be nice but you could just pack another 1500mAh in your wallet like me ;)
.... i would just enjoy if they make it a little nicer, I think the design is really common...
If samsung could release a revised version of Galaxy S(I9000)with following tweaks:
OS: Android 2.2,
Bluetooth: Ver 4.0,
Flash: Xenon flash,
Dual Sim Support(May be Android needs to support dis)
Then it will be the most powerful and wondeful smartphone on this planet.
1. iPhone has flash starting June(mules show it).
2. iPhone has HD video recording and second front cam.
3. iPhone's design remains the same, cant help. it is their signature front look & they patented it.
But whats w/ Samsung lately; if they wanna copy the design, why not copy the HD2/EVO instead? I believe if you were to copy, copy the best, so at least you will finish second. Copying a dated/patented design leaves you no-where, as brand loyal apple fanboys are not gonna buy your device anyway. So whats the point enticing them, makes you look like a FIRF knock-off?
Do not know what is it with you guys and Flash. Agree Samsung should of put flash on this phone but they did not but beside that the phone is among the best Android so far. Iphone been out for so many years with no flash but has done good in market. so, now you have probably best Galaxy Android phone with no flash.
adonwenas, 17 May 2010and yes its Had a LED Flash on the Back...How do you know? Show me the manufacturer specs and a picture, then I'll believe it.
Expansys.com (UK) has updated their website to remove references to a Flash, but state that it has a "Video LED".
But this is all just speculature until we see a final device or some specs/advertising from Samsung.
come on guys.... its great product n ive been tested yet..
1. super amoled is the best screen i,ve ever had.. there is no problem when u seing under the sun..(no bluring like other screen even its HTC or MOTO)
2. the screen is made by samsung that based on LED, its better than LCD (old thing), and many form factor like smartphones is using samsung display... n dont want to mention that... thats why samsung is cheapest than other smartphone cuz they produced screen n processor by them self....!
3. for the question about flash... come on google just announces flash a few days ago.. n there's no one android 2.1 (eclair) having flash... cuz only 2.2 (Froyo) that having flash 10.
4. i'm not pro with sammy but common.... u'll never know till u have try it...
regards-id_android - indonesia
sorry if my english bad.. :))
I personally think, it was not the best effort by Samsung and its not the flagship product as we believe.
1) The design is dated, a friend of mone has the eternity and this looks more or less the same, and his is not even a smart phone. I believe the HD2/EVO were able to cram a decent 4.3" screen at almost the same dimensions.
2) No Flash! Come-on Sammy, what were you thinking? your launching a brand new 2010 device and cant put a small flash at the back. others have xenon flashes :(
I guess, Samsung should just provide the screens and hardware for OEMs like HTC, Moto, SE and Nokia an not waste time and effort on second grade designs, copying last gen iphone, droid etc.
Why cant Samsung make a proper 16:9 aspect screen res like the Motorola Droid (854x480=480p, 1 year old already) whats wrong with that? You put millions in to get the so called super AMOLED.
If you plan to put out a flagship device with YouTube client, u better provide the necessary hardware to view it best, all you need is 54 horizontal pixels more...
Guys, pardon me but please explain. Am I missing something here???
If you visit this site http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=198627 and pre order the i9000 under the technical details for the Cam is mentions a 5 MP + LED FLASH..
Check it out
Big Bang, 15 May 2010Don't think the phone will be a hit. Too big, too expensive, no flash, video not so good from ... moreWRONG, its currently the Thinnest smartphone (or will be in a month), i've had a 3.7 inch display *Omnia HD* and its to small for me, people even bought millions of HTC HD2 with a HUGE F... 4.3 inch display.... people want a bigger screen, especially when it comes as SUPER AMOLED not TFT or regular LCD :):)