finally samsung android with 1GHz!
I expect there are tv-out.
and led flash
and FM radio
Jean, 24 Mar 2010We really can say that samsung is finally riding the wave. bye bye symbian, bye bye Bada. ... moreAs the photos show... The Galaxy S does actually have an FM Radio application... Also, I think Samsung have been making great phones already, the Omnia's were good, the HDicon was brilliant... and the Wave and Galaxy S are showing to be two of the best phones right now... Yeah, 4" was shown to be the best screen size which I believe it is... and Super AMOLED is flopping AMAZING!
We really can say that samsung is finally riding the wave. bye bye symbian, bye bye Bada.
The is undeniably a great phone. And please guys, samsung is finally getting it right you can maybe say that there could be better phones but not that it's a failure.
For those who are criticizing :
- Most of the latest android phones come without FM radio(X10,nexus) and it's really obsolete. If you really need it then you can buy the bluetooth headset that comes with integrated radio.
- 4" screens was voted the most popular(refer to nokia's survey) and if you don't like the size doesn't mean that it's wrong.
- HTC evo great but it's CDMA only so it targerts another range of people.
- And smasung is probably using their latest CPU/GPU Hummingbird which shows better performance compared to snapdragon especially in the graphical area.
- led flash isn't a flash, we shouldn't fool ourselves. even in the X10 the led is either on or off(just to frame the pic) but it's not used as a flash.
Compared to the X10 and the desire it's the next step forward(considering that it will be released some 2-3 months later than those).
Congrats samsung! you finally returned to your senses.
After the i7500 Galaxy it will be snowy night in hell before i buy a samsung android handset again...
Anton, 24 Mar 20101. DROID 2. Video Call 3. Good Camera I agree with ANDROID... but, a good camera??? 5 Mp is too standard with this phone.. I wonder why Samsung always release gadget with one (at least) standard hardware? are their cost of production is too high or what, so they can afford it? or maybe Samsung specialization is on its display and Touch??
this phone has no LED Flash. i saw it on Samsung S-Life. if i live in States, i would like to buy Evo.
This phone has just about everything exept for a very important item a FM Radio. A radio is a must to listen to news and other programs.
Guys...these Samsung guys never speak about RAM in their phone........guess they havn't heard of it yet.........!!! or they hiding their 64 MB RAMs from the world for cost cutting.............he he he he he
Wow this phone is Big and thin with only 9.9mm? this phone is good... bud will look bad compared to HTC EVO 4G..
Powered by 4-inch Super AMOLED and the latest version of Android, Galaxy S brings rich technology and enhanced mobile experience
LAS VEGAS, March 23, 2010 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a leading mobile phone provider, today introduced the Galaxy S (Model: GT-I9000), a smart phone that makes users' lives more convenient, more exciting, and more integrated. JK Shin, president and head of Samsung Electronics' Mobile Communications Business announced the global launch of the Galaxy S at his keynote speech at the International CTIA Wireless 2010. The Galaxy S will be available in Europe, North America, Latin America, Australia, and Asia soon.
The Android-powered Galaxy S incorporates a 4-inch Super AMOLED screen and a 1 GHz application processor that enables vibrant HD videos, rich augmented reality content through Layar Reality Browser, and advanced LBS (Location Based Services). The 'Social Hub' provides always-on social networks connectivity allowing users to enjoy communications with their friends, colleagues, and families whenever they want and wherever they are.
The Galaxy S is designed to provide immersive, intelligent and integrated experiences, with the power to enrich people's lives through best-in-class services and technologies. The Galaxy S will allow users around the world to experience the "Smart Life," which Samsung anticipates will shift the way that consumers view smart phones and how they interact with them in their daily lives.
The Galaxy S immerses users in a world of rich multimedia. The large 4-inch Super AMOLED display delivers unrivalled screen quality, with less reflection, free viewing angles and super-fast touch-response. The mDNIe (mobile Digital Natural Image engine) – a technology used in Samsung's best-selling LCD and LED TVs – boosts an even sharper and crisper viewing experience for photos, videos, and e-books. It creates a perfect environment to record, edit and play HD video, to browse the Internet, and to read your favorite e-books. A variety of applications from Android Market allows users to even more extend the benefits and excitement of smart phone experience. Plus, users have access to Google mobile services, such as Google Search, Gmail, and Google Maps.
Living a "Smart Life" requires intelligence, and the Galaxy S delivers just that by utilizing personal preferences to gather information online that each user needs and wants. With a user-defined daily briefing, lightning-fast processing speeds and location-based search options like Layar Reality Browser – the Galaxy S gives users the information they need wherever and whenever needed. The Galaxy S represents the next level of intelligence in smart phones.
The Galaxy S integrates every aspect of life in a smart and sophisticated way. In addition to wireless integration with a variety of other devices, such as notebooks, TVs and cameras, the highly advanced Social Hub plugs users quickly and conveniently into their complete world of social networking and email.
"The Android-powered Galaxy S will set a new standard for smart phones," said JK Shin, president and head of Mobile Communications Business. "The Galaxy S is the perfect device for people in all corners of the world who want that extra edge; to be more effective, productive, better connected, and in tune with their smart life – both personal and professional – all in a very easy and simple way."
Other Key Features
- Daily Briefing: Offers instant access to weather, news, stocks, and the scheduler.
- All Share: Enables inter-device connectivity via DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) technology.
- Home Cradle: Enables use as a digital photo frame, table clock, calendar, and music station.
- Write and go: Jot down an idea first and later decide on a format such as SMS/ MMS, email, calendar or memo.
- Swype: Provides fast and easy way to input text on screen while on-the-move.
- ThinkFree: Apps to view and edit Microsoft Office 2007 documents.
- Smart Alarm: Wakes up with a natural alarm sound and automatically turned-on display light.
The Galaxy S is exhibited at The International CTIA Wireless at booth # 1023.
Galaxy S (I9000) Product Specifications
- 2.5G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE): 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G (HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps): 900/1900/2100 MHz
OS Android 2.1
4.0-inch Capacitive WVGA SUPER AMOLED (800x480) with mDNIe
5.0 mega-pixel Camera + VGA Video Telephony Camera, Auto Focus, Self shot, Action shot, Add me, Stop motion, Cartoon shot, Smile shot, Panorama shot
HD(720p@30fps) video playing & recording
- Codec: mpeg4, H.264, H.263, H263 Sorenson, DivX HD/XviD, VC-1
- Format: 3gp (mp4), WMV (asf), AVI (divx), MKV, FLV
MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, OGG, AMR-NB, WAV, MID, AC3, IMY,FLAC, XMF
- Integrated Messaging ‘Social Hub’
- Android Market for more applications and contents
- Augmented Reality with Layar Reality Browser
- 1 GHz Application Processor
- SMS/MMS/Email/Video Messaging/Exchange ActiveSync
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity, Light
- Offline & No SIM Mode, Voice Command,RSS Reader, Mobile Widgets, Smart Security
- Bluetooth technology v3.0
- USB v2.0 (High-Speed)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
16GB/8GB, external memory slot (up to 32GB)
Size 6,42 x 12,24 x 0,99 cm, 118 gr
Battery 1500 mAh
* Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
just for share
Imagine that, if this device was built with symbian OS in it, samsung would have made greatest profit with it!
Overall good design and spec. However, the 4 inch screen is not desirable for everybody as it makes the size too big. You want something you could comfortably carry in your trouser pocket with 3.5 inch they could achieve both.
Looks like a fab screen which is one of my main criteria in a new phone,awful,awful ui.....fail
nice try samsung, but HTC has just released HTC EVO 4G
-HD 720P Video Recording