Great android phone....
if u want a camera phone wiith flash, dont go for it...
But yes! 4 internet speed, resolution, colors, screen size,
superTouch etc.. U can choose galaxy s or sl... Battery life is good too, but u hv to be little tricky...
I buyed this set last week any one can tell me how to save bettry while browsing. I Shall be thankful
Is this really a gorilla glass display? Is this phone better than HTC Desire? I can't decide which one to buy?
phone heats up may times wont last for 15hs if rebooted it will work fine for about 14h then again in idel condition the phone heats up any suggetions? or will anyone agree to this?
Joshua, 18 May 2011Hello guys.. i just want to say this phone is awesome but i'm still thinking which phone i'... moreHi, just a recommendation. Dont waste time buying S5830. I9003 has bigger phone memory than S5830 and the speed it faster than S5830. I used S5830 for two months and sell it away and right now using I9003. This phone is great. Moreover, the battery life is definitely better than S5830.
Guyz who r planning to purchase this mobile in India,
SL market price - 19.5k
Glaxy S I900 ebay.in price - 21.9k
16GB memory card -1.5k.
SO GOOOOO for the galaxy from ebay.
Anonymous, 13 May 2011How do I uninstall an application that is installed by default in the device?if you want to uninstall the aplications,open the task manager,choose downloaded and then just click uninstall for the app that you want to remove.
Hey guys i installed asaphalt5,6 brothers in arm2 bt everytme i install any HD games it shows to download an additional file of something like 250 mb or 150 mb are u ll facing the same thing....??
I bought it 3 days back rest all is damm good...You should surely go for this phone....
what is the latest firmware version for i9003?
how to update the firmware?
GPS fix: for indian galaxy sl
1. Turn Off GPS
2. Open LibTestMode by typing the following code in the dialer: *#3214789650#
3. change testmode to S/W test
4. Under "Application settings" Change "Operation Mode" to Standalone and gps plus on
5. change accuracy to 100(default 50)
6.Under "SUPL/CP Settings" Change the AGPS mode to control plane
7. Restart ur phone
Im now getting GPS lock in less than 6secs with 9-10sats in view & 7 in use
krish42690, 16 May 2011This phone doesnot have TV out feature. This phone cannot be updated to android 2.3. this phon... moreincresing the sensitivity of gps enables quick finding of ur location...type *#3214789650# by default gps sensitivity set to 50...increase it to 100 and gps locks within 10 seconds...
krish42690, 16 May 2011This phone doesnot have TV out feature. This phone cannot be updated to android 2.3. this phon... morethe omap processor of galaxy sl supports tv out..but samsung has not enabled for some reason...
Samsung_Mobiles Samsung Mobile India by kkj76@ @rupamkhaitan Yes, Gingerbread for Galaxy SL is expected to be released around first or second week of july. Will keep you update.
So, 1 1/2 or 2 more Months wait for Update... Late but good news...
I've been using it for 2weeks. Its pretty good.
1. Price - bought it for 17.9k from letsbuy.com (with RCOMLSB) coupon code (may be expired now)
2. Speed - 1GHz, no lag at all when browsing, playing around, quite zippy
3. Size - Slim and 4 inch screen, very easy to type.
1. DDKB2 firmware which came with phone sucks.. upgrade to XXKB3 (european firmware) which is very good compared to DDKB2
2. rooting, flashing firmware required to get the wonderful experience (quite easy though)
3. GPS didn't work, have used GPS-fix/GPS Aid, FasterFix, etc to get it work.
4. H.264/AVC codec (youtube HD videos) doesn't play
well in this device.
5. Not so great screen compared to I9000
Galaxy S I9000 is available for 21.9k on ebay.in If you are tight on budget < 20k go for this one, else I would suggest I9000. for extra bucks, you will 16Gb memory, amoled screen.
Rahul.K, 19 May 2011can i9003 be rooted with gingerbread for i9000?Plz don't do that.. They are incompatible.. You WILL brick your device..