AnonD-4152, 17 Mar 2011I am using the phone for the last one week and the battery life is not good. It hardly last fo... moreyaa frnd even im using it since 1 week
n battery life is too weak
it consumes more when using internet
but its really a good smart phone
bought this1 4m chennai at rs.17k after lot of bargaining. He he im v happy loving this superb smartphone
Anonymous, 17 Mar 2011Here are my experiences with Galaxy SL :
1. Display is BETTER than SuperAmoled (I have Wave).... moreCan you please confirm if you are able to set a default number for a contact with multiple numbers.
Someone commented earlier, that there is no way to set a default number for a contact.
Does it have Gorilla Glass?
Someone commented that you cannot set a default phone number for a contact which has multiple numbers.
Can someone confirm that, that is the case?
Seems bizarre to have a bug like that which does not allow you to save a default number for a contact.
Can users of this phone comment on how loud the speaker is? GSMArena reports that the loudspeaker is very feeble.
Have you tried setting alarms on this phone and found the alarm volume from the speaker to be sufficiently loud to have woken you up?
Here are my experiences with Galaxy SL :
1. Display is BETTER than SuperAmoled (I have Wave).Not technically but practically.
2. Phone DOES NOT have lags like Galaxy S used to have. Froyo ;)
3. Benchmarks are exactly same as Galaxy S. 854 on Quadrant btw.
4. Glass on screen is very smooth to touch n feel. It feels like feather.
TV-OUT could easily come with a simple Firmware upgrade. It might already be available in European firmware.
Now a few rants :
1. Why Samsung is treating Indian markets partially ?
2. Why there is no Hindi language in any of the Android devices ?
3. Why 4GB here and 16GB everywhere else ?
4. Why Bluetooth 2.1 when Bluetooth 3 is available even on Wave 525 ?
Samsung needs to respect one of the World's largest markets and its consumers.
Finally, yes, Galaxy SL deserves your attention and money :)
does this phone has TV out... how to connect to TV... as no cable is in the wholesale package.
Hi All,I got my i9003 from LetsBuy today, I got it delivered to chennai in 2 working days which is amazing ..hats off to letsbuy. Abti9003 to start with the color .. its black brown with texured back cover which is too good to hold unlike the glossy finish in i9000. It doesnt take your finger prints on to it also its not that thik for first timers you ll feel like its too thin otherwise the phone has all the feautures mentioned in GSM arena.
I am using the phone for the last one week and the battery life is not good. It hardly last for a day after a full charge. can the users tell me whether it is the same with them also? I live in India and using the 4 gb version.
Guys in India,
See this phone on flipkart site. They have removed tv out and Gorilla glass.
SAR Value :(, 17 Mar 2011Apparantly the SAR value of this phone seems too high:
Its mentioned as:
SAR value 1.62m... moreSAR value is 0.31 W/kg which well withing threshold value of 2.0 W/kg. Below is link to SAR value for I9003:
Bingo:-), 17 Mar 20111. for all those who are facing problems on external sd card installation, try using super b... morehw do u move game's downloaded data to external SD..?? it jus cant be moved... if u move u cannot play the game... u can jus move a game's apk file to external SD and not downloaded data... it jus drinks the internal SD of 1.52 GB... external SD is only for media storage...
1. for all those who are facing problems on external sd card installation, try using super box application from the app store.
2. using that application you can transfer your applications to the external sd card.
3. Only very few applications will be moved to your internal sd card.i don't know on what basis that happens but in my phone only the asphalt 5 moved to internal sd card when I choose the option to move to sd card.i 've installed around 30 applications and 20 games out of which 14 cannot be moved to sd card.35 in external sd card and 1 in internal sd card.
4. But if you still 've problems then check the external sd card for it's working and se e that it is inserted properly.
Apparantly the SAR value of this phone seems too high:
Its mentioned as:
SAR value 1.62mW/g over Samsung India website.
BTW, how is the Quadrant & Neocore score for Galaxy SL? Is it possible to overclock it to higher CPU Frequency?
How is the screen visibility in sunlight.. PLease let me know.. Currently I am so confused over this & Moto Defy.. If anyone using Defy, also let me know the screen visibilty in sunlight & from angles.. Basically whose display is better?
DarkKnight, 16 Mar 2011Got it from Samsung store in Delhi... Awesome phone!
Installed many widgets including Angry B... moreI am not able to foward SMS to more than 10 contacts. Is anybody facing similar problem?
Any ideas to resolve this?