AnonD-8676, 01 Nov 2011Hey! My phone screen dosen't turn on when i press the on button. It happened 2 times already. ... moreYou have to open the battery and put it back..Then press the power button to switch on..Its happen to my phone..!! =,=
My Galaxy SL heats up when used for half an hour for Internet Browsing or Games.(Battery Indicator shows Temperature around 50 - 52 deg C. sometimes)
Is there any problem with my phone?
My Xperia Mini also had this temp thing.
Other than this Galaxy SL is a very good phone in every aspect.
tahir, 01 Nov 2011short press the power key to lock the screen instantlyThat works too to turn off the screen. Whichever method you prefer. I just prefer to use the screen instead of pressing the button on the side of the phone.
karthivinay, 01 Nov 2011i bought this mobile week before..internet ,camera, application ...process speed really nice..... moreHi,
I had this phone since April and here's some tips to conserve on battery usage that I think may benefit all Galaxy phone users:
1)Turn off the Auto-Sync function by going into --> Settings --> Accounts and sync --> uncheck Auto-sync (this would still allow you to get emails and other notifications from Facebook for example but won't sync everything; thus use less battery.
2) Tune your display brightness to a lower but comfortable level and adjust Screen timeout to shorter time (I use 1 minute). Install App like: Lock Screen Widget from the Market to easily turn off your screen instead of waiting for itself to screen timeout.
3) Adjust your Animation level to lower instead of All animations. Use a darker color wallpaper would certainly help too.
4) Turn on Power saving mode by checking it within Settings
5) Vibration, go into Settings --> Sound --> Vibrate --> select Only in silent mode, then adjust the Haptic feedback by checking it and then click into Vibration intensity to adjust the vibration level; then uncheck Haptic feeback. Your phone will still vibrate when in silent mode but will not have the haptic feedback. Of course, turning vibration off entirely will further conserve battery.
6) Turn off functions that you are not using like bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS. Only switch on when needs it. I even switch off the 3G when really don't need it. Install App like: 2G-3G OnOff from the Market to easily switch on and off the 3G function by creating shortcut to your screens.
7) Lastly, install the Mobo Task Killer App to regulate and auto kill apps throughout the day to further save battery juice.
8) Buy an extra battery and bring it with you. The original OEM batteries are affordable and you can always have an extra fully charged handy to swap out. Something an iPhone cannot do.
Hope these helps. Feel free to do any combinations of the listed above steps to suit your usage habit.
Hey! My phone screen dosen't turn on when i press the on button. It happened 2 times already. Can anyone tell me what can I do about it?
karthivinay, 01 Nov 2011i bought this mobile week before..internet ,camera, application ...process speed really nice..... moreThe mild brightness helps alot and stay away from live wallpapers
it well help a little bit. I th4nk there is a battery called extended..
Be careful from getting apps in the free aps my phone crashes and theres no other option but to hard reset my phone
Ive been using this fone fos about 2wks. And im satisfied but whenever i see my uncle's galaxy s2.. Well
im waiting for the gngerbread stuff
btw thanks for the screenshot thingy
AnonD-2461, 31 Oct 2011My phone start switch off itself..When i wake up in the morning its already switch off even th... moredude same problem occured with my set but thank to the trade warranty they replace my set .. it was due to some software problem..
i bought this mobile week before..internet ,camera, application ...process speed really nice..but one thing very poor battery ..if any one know how to over come this pls send your opinion...
SM, 30 Oct 2011I have few queries: 1) How to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3? 2) How much is the internal memory i... morethis beats xperia neo v with the internal storage.... with 2gb in stock treat for gamers with heavy games
AnonD-25371, 28 Oct 2011Dear all,
Am using SL its amazing... I want to know one thing.. how to lock msgs with passw... moreHi Rajesh,
you can set password for all applications.Just go to Android market and install app "Smart App Protector" Its free applications and working very well on my Galaxy SL. Cheers
SM, 30 Oct 2011I have few queries: 1) How to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3? 2) How much is the internal memory i... morei9000 S has 16 gb, but i9003 SL which i also have has 2+2 gb. Anyway i also added an 8 gb external which makes my total memory about 11 gb.
AnonD-28365, 30 Oct 2011i have heard that this phone is very delicate nd even after one fall the screen breaks...nd af... moreHey bro whatever u heard is completely wrong... I ve dropped ma phone frm 3 feets around 2-3 times mistakenly on the hard granite tile but still not a single scr
atch on the screen or even in the body... Ma frnd has the same phone n he had dropped it several times around 12-15 times n still the phone is in healty condition n screen is still in one piece.... It has a hard gorilla glass screen protector which protects it frm breakage....
I am usign this phone for 1 month no w.. i love the phone.
I have a Query whether its possible to change the Songs through headset which is provided by Samsung.
Heard that if we press three times the songs on the playlist move to the another song.
Its not working for me . Please advice
AnonD-25371, 28 Oct 2011Dear all, Am using SL its amazing... I want to know one thing.. how to lock msgs with passw... morePlease let me know also the procedure how to lock the msg. If u know about that.