My Omnia firmware version is DXHH3, is this the latest and from which country?
I tried to update the firmware via after downloading if from the Sin. samsung website but during the updating, image is changed and fine but when it went to usb storage change, the system ask me for my CD Rom and then stalls.
I really dont know what to do can anyone pls advise.
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009The phone itself looks very nice, but its funtionality is not practical. Basically this phone ... moreThx for the info..but as others mentioned, is the battery life dependent on the rom version or is it bad by default?
Does anyone know how to recalibrate the touch screen? Mine is slightly off and I would like to know how to do it. I've downloaded the PHM registry editor, but I can't see any keys in any of the folders...
I cannot upgrade the rom. My phone/version is i900v. The "V" stands for Vodacom (my network provider). If I do not use a v rated upgrade I invalidate my 2 year warranty. Samsung have offered to upgrade the rom but I loose the warranty. It's a one way contract. All I can do is complain until someone listens. I hope Vodacom are reading this.
For the record my rom is H1
to all those posting a problem with battery, please listen! its not the battery, battery life is rom dependant! check your rom version??? later roms battery is amazing! on my current rom, it can last 5-6 days, 4ish with heavy usage... take note.... upgrade the rom. all problems are fixed!!!!!
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009how do i check my ROM version?main menu, settings, system, version.
After owning this phone for 3 weeks my verdict is this, as a phone its average, as a multimedia device its useless, as a camera it's not bad.
Phone, sometimes the reception is very poor. I have checked the type of problem by checking the same calling conditions with my old phone. Voice quality is not bad.
Multimedia, Both music players have no search function. It's hell trying to find 1 music track amongst 1000. Creating play lists is a nightmare. No add to play list for single tracks. Movies playback quite nicely, sound quality is good but the player is very temperamental regarding which AVI file it plays back.
Camera, quality is not bad compared to my "proper" camera but the video recording for a 5 meg camera is poor.
Final verdict. This phone is full of promise, but that's all it is, "Full of Promise". In practice it doesn't deliver.
Most of these problems could be overcome with 1 universal firmware/software option. There are too many flavors, and most importantly the battery life is useless. Had I have known that the battery life was so poor I would have chosen a different phone. From now on the battery life will be my most sought after option. Without a descent battery what use is a portable phone?
pls temme some site fr dwnloadin games fr omnia..
my fone looks quite empty wid only bubble breaker n solitaire
my route 66 application doesnt work properly..it shows d message "getting ur gps location" when i open it n stays stuck at this.pls help.
hw do i upgrade my rom?wats d procedure?
wats d latest version?
after i switch on my fone,it automatically starts connecting to d gprs..hw do i disable it?i tried evythng in d settings bt to no avail.my HSDPA is disabled.
pls temme some other good 3rd party aplications dat i shud install n pls gimme d links fr d same..
pls dnt get scared by so many ques..
n do help me out
i'l b very grateful if u email me d details.(email@example.com)
kosmonov, 01 Feb 2009Hey guys, Iam planning to buy this mobile and I have few questions for those who have personal... moreThe phone itself looks very nice, but its funtionality is not practical. Basically this phone was made to be use in Europe. Battery life is extremely short. you'd have to constantly recharging the phone.
the vibration on the phone has stopped working....i have checked all the settings but nothing seems to be out of place....can someone help me please!
Hey guys, Iam planning to buy this mobile and I have few questions for those who have personally used it
1) is it really worthy to go for this one?
2) how is the battery life?
3) how intuitive is the touch screen navigation?
4) how quick the responses are?
5) is web surfing an enjoyable experience in it?
6) can u zoom in and out of photos and web pages similar to other pda mobiles?
7) how good is the accelerometer? can it be used in web surfing as well to bring down to landscape mode?
8)how is touchscreen keypad? is it easy enough to use it?
Yeah too many questions, i know..lol..but guys ur suggestions and views r very valuable for me to go for it..thx a lot in advance..cheers
xperia net tnks for the coments dude i wanted to buy one of these two pearls ur comments were useful....i will buy omnia tnks again
hi...can u help me what are the best applications and games for i900??
teeboy, 31 Jan 2009Where and how can i get and install flash lite 3 on omnia? The firmware are you using now, is ... moreit is a customised rom that im using now which uses flashlite 3 and 2 together so does not break the widgets!!! it is the best rom i have used. check out Taril's thread at modaco. he is the only person to get the 2 to play nice!!
someone help me i want to install yahoo messenger on my omnia but the thing is omnia is asking me to install adobe flash player first but then when i download the thing it says my flatform not match so how to do it? thanks!
Anonymous, 30 Jan 2009i can answer a few of your questions, you can install flashlite 3 but it breaks the widgets as... moreWhere and how can i get and install flash lite 3 on omnia? The firmware are you using now, is it the official firmware from samsung? or is it a custom firmware?
samsung omnia is the best phone they had, the touch screen is great, windows mobile offers great potential for the software.
is someone search application for Samsung Omnia: http://www.sgmobiles.com
After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions
I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared!
I own both the X1 and the Omnia, and I just thought I would let you guys know about my conclusions after spending a few days with them.
Don't get me wrong, I love both phones and they are both great devices.
1) X1 has no internal memory storage area, Omnia has 8Gb/16Gb.
2) X1 has no accelerometer, canít use landscape without keyboard. I know you can assign a shortcut, but still.
3) X1 feels really heavy and thick in comparison to the Omnia.
4) Text input is obviously better on the X1 due to the hard keyboard, but again, in practice, I have not found this to be an issue on the Omnia. Once you get used to the on-screen keyboard, it works well, although obviously it takes up some screen real estate.
5) Audio quality is much poorer on the X1. Using Core Player with the same equaliser settings on both phones with the same (excellent) Sony headphones I always use, the Omnia wins hands down for sound quality and volume. Also, changing volume pauses video and music in some apps on the X1.
6) The X1 panels are slow when changing from one to another, and it is very annoying that during the transition the panels show default places, times, dates, etc. until the correct settings are loaded.
7) The X1 screen (in some apps) has poor finger touch capabilities. This is mainly due to the very small buttons. Even though the higher resolution makes small fonts great to read, it makes the X1 almost impossible to use without the stylus. In comparison, I can use my Omnia using only one hand Ė Iíve not even taken the stylus out of the box! The Omnia is so much easier to use, due to its larger screen and larger fonts. Incidentally, the screen does feel quite a lot bigger on the Omnia. Even though itís only about 12% bigger in area, it seems more.
8) Pity that the X1 screen was recessed as that makes using the scroolbars at the side a lot more akward without the stylus. Omnia has a great totally flat screen.
9) X1's screen is a lot duller than the Omnia. The Omnia is very noticeably brighter and clearer.
10) X1 video quality is superior obviously, and this is a big benefit.
11) The X1 has a lot less built-in apps. Some that are missing include Touch Player, Smart Convertor, Smart Reader, etc. Does the X1 have a music player with an equaliser?
12) Canít connect to BBC Live TV, the site just says Ďthis device isnít supportedí. This may, of course, come soon, but the Omnia works well here.
13) X1 camera canít zoom at 3mp and there is no flash! Quality of images is good though, and unless the Omnia is set for added sharpening and saturation the X1 has a more pleasing image capture.
14) Poor signal strength. In my home, X1 shows between 0 and 2 and drops calls regularly, whereas Omnia shows 2-3 and I've never lost signal. (Incidentally, my K810i shows 5-6! All on Vodafone BTW.)
So, as I said I love both phones, but if I was to choose one, it would definitely be the Omnia - just!