hi...can u help me what are the best applications and games for i900??
teeboy, 31 Jan 2009Where and how can i get and install flash lite 3 on omnia? The firmware are you using now, is ... moreit is a customised rom that im using now which uses flashlite 3 and 2 together so does not break the widgets!!! it is the best rom i have used. check out Taril's thread at modaco. he is the only person to get the 2 to play nice!!
someone help me i want to install yahoo messenger on my omnia but the thing is omnia is asking me to install adobe flash player first but then when i download the thing it says my flatform not match so how to do it? thanks!
Anonymous, 30 Jan 2009i can answer a few of your questions, you can install flashlite 3 but it breaks the widgets as... moreWhere and how can i get and install flash lite 3 on omnia? The firmware are you using now, is it the official firmware from samsung? or is it a custom firmware?
samsung omnia is the best phone they had, the touch screen is great, windows mobile offers great potential for the software.
is someone search application for Samsung Omnia: http://www.sgmobiles.com
After time with both Omnia and X1 - my conclusions
I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared!
I own both the X1 and the Omnia, and I just thought I would let you guys know about my conclusions after spending a few days with them.
Don't get me wrong, I love both phones and they are both great devices.
1) X1 has no internal memory storage area, Omnia has 8Gb/16Gb.
2) X1 has no accelerometer, can’t use landscape without keyboard. I know you can assign a shortcut, but still.
3) X1 feels really heavy and thick in comparison to the Omnia.
4) Text input is obviously better on the X1 due to the hard keyboard, but again, in practice, I have not found this to be an issue on the Omnia. Once you get used to the on-screen keyboard, it works well, although obviously it takes up some screen real estate.
5) Audio quality is much poorer on the X1. Using Core Player with the same equaliser settings on both phones with the same (excellent) Sony headphones I always use, the Omnia wins hands down for sound quality and volume. Also, changing volume pauses video and music in some apps on the X1.
6) The X1 panels are slow when changing from one to another, and it is very annoying that during the transition the panels show default places, times, dates, etc. until the correct settings are loaded.
7) The X1 screen (in some apps) has poor finger touch capabilities. This is mainly due to the very small buttons. Even though the higher resolution makes small fonts great to read, it makes the X1 almost impossible to use without the stylus. In comparison, I can use my Omnia using only one hand – I’ve not even taken the stylus out of the box! The Omnia is so much easier to use, due to its larger screen and larger fonts. Incidentally, the screen does feel quite a lot bigger on the Omnia. Even though it’s only about 12% bigger in area, it seems more.
8) Pity that the X1 screen was recessed as that makes using the scroolbars at the side a lot more akward without the stylus. Omnia has a great totally flat screen.
9) X1's screen is a lot duller than the Omnia. The Omnia is very noticeably brighter and clearer.
10) X1 video quality is superior obviously, and this is a big benefit.
11) The X1 has a lot less built-in apps. Some that are missing include Touch Player, Smart Convertor, Smart Reader, etc. Does the X1 have a music player with an equaliser?
12) Can’t connect to BBC Live TV, the site just says ‘this device isn’t supported’. This may, of course, come soon, but the Omnia works well here.
13) X1 camera can’t zoom at 3mp and there is no flash! Quality of images is good though, and unless the Omnia is set for added sharpening and saturation the X1 has a more pleasing image capture.
14) Poor signal strength. In my home, X1 shows between 0 and 2 and drops calls regularly, whereas Omnia shows 2-3 and I've never lost signal. (Incidentally, my K810i shows 5-6! All on Vodafone BTW.)
So, as I said I love both phones, but if I was to choose one, it would definitely be the Omnia - just!
i have both omnia n xperia and i must say,omnia kick xperia's ass big time...why u ask?? here's why...
*note:comparison are based on out of box experience.
1)accelerometer based applications + games rules,
2)camera rules,camera features like face detection,smile detection,mutiple scenery mode,lanscape mode,business card scanner,5mp still can zoom in(xperia 3mp but cannot zoom,only can zoom at 2mp settings & below)
3)samsung provide on going official firmware update
4)"end user" provide on going custom firmware update
5)omnia code like *#0002*28346# allow volume cuztomisation.So far there's no such code for xperia volume hack yet.but i could be wrong
6)built in 8gb or 16gb memory.(dun even need a micro sd card anymore)
7)omnia widget is far more useful compare to xperia panel(especially the stupid fish panel)
8)Taking pics with xperia is a pain!! camera shutter speed is too slow.really need a super steady hand to take decent pics or else pics will blurr!!
mazen, 28 Jan 2009 is there any way to change LANGUAGE system as i have one with german Lang and i want to chang... moreMazen, hope you are happy with your new phone and with the lambs. Regards, Nicolas
teeboy, 30 Jan 2009Hi again, Can the omnia be installed with flash lite 3 so that you can view you tube vids ... morei can answer a few of your questions, you can install flashlite 3 but it breaks the widgets as they need flashlite 2 to run, so if you dont use wigets then it will be fine. not sure of the latest rom on the samsung site, but im on AI2 which is january 2009 version 2. this is available from modaco (omnia thread) also there are custom roms with md2 or spb etc. or if your up to the challenge instructions on how to create your own rom!!!
hi i need the arabic language? for my device
hi to all.. am using Omnia from Last one week and i had prob wid ma auto rotation.. the auto rotation is not working properly how can i solve dis prob please anyone suggest..
mazen, 28 Jan 2009 is there any way to change LANGUAGE system as i have one with german Lang and i want to chang... moreDear
its very easy to change language you dont need to upgrade and kind of software just you need to do go in setting and then option and you will find language setting simply change into english its done
Tan, 28 Jan 2009Hi..anybody has this issue? I try to charge my Omnia and when i on the phone and charge..no ef... moreSounds like something is broken. I don't know if this problem is particularly common among Omnias but it is certainly not unheard of among mobiles in general. I get at least one phone like this in my store every few weeks.
Most likely it is the battery, which is covered by six months' worth of warranty, but it could also be a hardware issue with the phone. Either way, take the phone back to the place of purchase (or alternatively contact the manufacturer) and they should arrange an exchange or repair.
lucky, 23 Jan 2009I just bought the American version HSDPA 850 / 1900 from e-bay, check RES Import seller.Just checked with RESIMPORTS. The version they are selling is 2100 3G frequency, not American 850/1900 frequencies.
Bob K, 28 Jan 2009Hi,
Performance of Omnia is excellent. Its very responsive..no lagging..nothing. Thanks to ... moreHi again,
Can the omnia be installed with flash lite 3 so that you can view you tube vids etc? Is it easy to install the other home themes like touch flo, spb mobile shell? Is there a free spb mobile shell coz i can't find one. BTW what's the most nicest home theme that has ever been developed? Do you have a link where i can download home themes? Lastly, what's the latest firmware version and what are its changes? Sorry for having a lot of quesions coz i really need to clarify things up. All of these questions are bothering me. hehehe. tnx a lot.
song hay, 29 Jan 2009I live in Canada, bought this phone on december 2008 on a trip in Asia (cambodia) model of pho... morehere is a good place where you can do that--http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp
I live in Canada, bought this phone on december 2008 on a trip in Asia (cambodia) model of phone DZHH3.
How do i upgrade rom ????? Please really need help TY
Anybody here from the Philippines using Globe provider that has successfully activitated his/her MMS and GPRS.Just wanna try sending photos.It seems it is so difficult to activitate this unit.thanks guys for your help.
mazen, 29 Jan 2009Dear Bob
Is ROM update could cause failure to the mobile or hanging the device.Hi Mazen,
No my friend it wont harm ur phone in any way. Its just a piece of Software that runs ur Handset. As long as you download the ROM from reliable site.. like the one from Samsung, and select the correct version ... you wont have any issues.
You can update ROM as many time as you want. Its just like you install various softwares on ur PC.
Go again and update without any doubts.
how to set the options for internet online on i900 ? im meaning use internet on sim put on the phone.
Log in I forgot my password Sign up