Dear Omnia users,
I have few questions about it. Please help me with answer.
1) It was suffering for battery problem with it’s beginning ROM. I read in review that it has been shorted out with latest version of ROM. Is it correct?
2) I read in many review that it is with an uncommon resolution of 240 x 400 pixels. That will be the reason of incomparability with other program. What is your opinion about it?
3) What about the speaker quality. Is it stereophonic or mono? Is it loud enough to listen songs / movie etc?
4) Samsung generally uses “Digital Natural Sound Engine” (DNSe verson 2 or 3) for their MP3 / MP 4 player. Is it available with Omina?
5) I read in review about poor legibility at sunlight. Is it so poor that it is very difficult to use at outdoor?
6) There is support for DivX and XDiv file out of the box. Is it also capable for running RMVB files (Real movie)?
Please Omnia users help me answering those questions. I want to purchase Omnia, but I am felling problem with those matter.
yeah im currently ustilising this pda, it's touch screen is inaccurate. its really annoying, also sending music files is possible but it still sucks because you cannot save it to the mass memory. otherwise great
Anonymous, 25 Dec 2008No it does not . At least mine does not . I had to instal voice commant . But it is a very nic... moreHi Gord, thank you for response (voice recognition types to WORD doc). It strange, I mean the Omnia has an MS operating system and Voice Command (MS VC 1.2) that does work for starting programmes etc, why not adapt this feature to type a person dictating? The iPhone has it but Omnia is cheaper option for me to purchase. Thx help. Colin
i've just tried transferring my music files via bluetooth from my pc to my omnia phone but when i opened the downloaded files it showed 'unsupported file type'. my files were all in mp3 sound format. what could be the problem? thanks!
got anyone use it to see RMVB files?
real media files... heard got lagging even if can play on some smartphones ?
tret, 25 Dec 2008u should buy iphne 3g...instead of this.ok?YOU Tret!!! if you manage to know dare yourself to answer: if do NOT know justremain quiet.....Why should somebody have a VALID reason apart from being a fashionist to go after iphone 3g instead of this ??????
steve, 22 Dec 2008Does anyone know if this has gps??yes very much so . Just look for Samsung Omnia on YouTube . It has also enhainced GPS > Gord
Colin, 23 Dec 2008Hi, I heard that Omnia has voice recognition feature that types to WORD doc as you speak, is t... moreNo it does not . At least mine does not . I had to instal voice commant . But it is a very nice unit . Gord
help!, 23 Dec 2008where can i get the latest official firmware for omnia and what is the update will i get?http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp
follow the link choose area like Singapore than the computers OS . if unit unlocked . Gord
help!, 23 Dec 2008where can i get the latest official firmware for omnia and what is the new Features will i get?
look at the following link http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp
it is Samsung manufacturing in Singapore direct wwhich is very a good update sorce for the unlocked Omnia . You choose the area like Singapore , than your computers OS and off you go . Hope this helps Gord
I don´t understand why my Omnia all the time connects automatically to gprs. It´s supposed to kill battery life, isn´t? And why it happens? I don´t have any Outlook account configured, but from time to time, I see how this thing connect itself to the gprs. Anybody knows something about this? Thanks
I will buy this phone but I m not shure...buy it or no?...please tell me....some good thing and bad things for this phone....thx
Anonymous, 25 Dec 2008If you are planning to buy omnia,remember to buy a spare battery. the battery life on this thi... morethe battery ok, just fix your setting on backlight and everyting gonna be ok