anyone can teach me to upgrade the firmware of this omnia?and where can i get the firmware?
Let me tell you that I already tried to reset the phone, took away the battery, turn it on and off again and again, when the password question appears I type it and doesn't let me do it, rebooting itself once again. I'm shocked!
Does anyone know why this phone reboots everytime I turn it on? Honestly, I made a big mistake using it without a SIM card the very first time, and added a password. The same day I bought one, but when installed, it keeps rebooting over and over again. Tried to uninstall the SIM card, and worked again asking me for a password. I only write it and starts to work again, but obviously, with no SIM. Please help!
the phone is off ths chart and its deffenatly worth buying. i have it and i am glad i bought it.
Does anyone know why this phone reboots everytime I turn it on? Honestly, I made a big mistake using it without a SIM card the very first time, and added a password. The same day I bought one, but when installed, it keeps rebooting over and over again. Tried to uninstall the SIM
Thanks guys, thats helped alot! :D and i know this question has probably been asked before, but i dont have the time at the moment to search thru all the opinions and forum posts... when you flash the rom, which memory gets erased? the phone's or "My Storage"? i heard the my storage memory is untouched, and that only the phone's memory gets formatted. If the my storage memory gets formatted as well, will this delete the default programs that were initially on there? if there were any at all??? like google maps etc.
thanks again :)
(im quite new to this stuff still)
best rom name plz
just want to gather opinions if this phoen is really worth buying.i`m planning to buy 1 but quite not sure, i saw the specs and i really loved it. though i know there`s a lot of applications that i wouldn`t be able to use without anyone`s help. does this phone has a tv receiver? can it play videos/movies without any other programs that needed to be installed? pls help me out guys.
What on earth was the reason behind preventing Samsung from featuring her great and marvelous mobile with these 3 primitive options:
1.Stylus slot, I know that they are pointing with this that you won't nearly need it. but it's something like Gambling how can I draw a reminder note for ex. I need the Stylus with me and I can't go with something hanging from my Mobile.
2. 3.5 standard Audio Jack every time you need to use your device with the headphones you should have two separate wires to connect them with each other and with the phone HOW SILLY...
3. the Standard mini USB slot for Data transfer as well as charging if my phone ran out of battery in my work for example(which commonly happen) I nearly won't find someone with a charger to suit. and sure the Car charger and other accessories will be much more difficult to find and much more expensive.
I'm really hesitated in the decision of buying it because of these three drawbacks, if they are not present I think I'll not wait till the morning to buy one.
This is the one and only time im going to post this.
Firstly you will find this link useful. please read it. http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-rom-discussion/271215/rom-download-links-naming-scheme-incorrect-software-version-fix/
1. make sure the phone is fully charged.
2. if possible do a hard reset before flashing (not essential)
3. make sure you have a machine running xp
4. visit http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp
5. make sure you have active sync install. (downloaded from the link above)
6. make sure you have the samsung modem driver installed (available from the link above)
7. get the rom, either by visiting the first link, or from samsung by the link above,( the one from samsung is older, (select sigapore, if this is your prefered rom, it is english!)
8. connect the phone to the xp machine (make sure the active sync icon in the task bar is GREEEN, this means the phone is connected)
9. start the rom by double clicking on the exe file.
10. you will be presented with a box with instructions (at this point the start button is greyed out.
11. reset, or switch off and then on your omnia!
12. as soon as the start button lights up, click it. (before the phone fully starts)
13. the process will now take place. (do not touch the phone, let it do its thing!!!!!)
14. PHONE FINISHED, means its complete. the phone should restart.
15. you can now disconnect the phone and enjoy your new rom!
16. it is recommended to hard reset again to clear out any files that may have been left behind.
notes. it takes from 5 to 15 mins, do not touch the phone, the omnia logo should be on the screen the whole time with a green bar showing progress, it will go blank when it restarts.
for you omnia lovers when upgrading this will be the most scariest time!!! but dont worry.
you are warned phones can get bricked! you use these instruction at your own risk, i take no responsability.
if your at all worried about doing this, take it to a samsung service center and get them to do it!
I have now successfully upgraded 8 times.
hope this helps.
KAT, 31 Oct 2008Jhake, hello, instead of SMS, do u have e-mail??? thxyes
Natsirt, 31 Oct 2008I was also wondering because almost every1 says the battery life problem is ROM related, if we... moreno it should not affect the battery as you were charging when the battery was or almost depleted. constant charging of half full or full battery will affect it. but i used HH3 at one point. my battery is perfect now!
I was also wondering because almost every1 says the battery life problem is ROM related, if we had a bad rom that has poor battery life, and we need to charge it every few hours, will this damage the actual battery in general? because i am tempted to flash to a new ROM but afraid that it might screw up my phone.
Hey guys, I have had the omnia for about 5 days now, on HH3 Rom. with moderate usage the phone can last for about 24 hours. I have heard that HH3 rom is the worst in terms of battery life, and i was wondering which rom would be the best to update to for the BEST battery life??
can you multi task on the omnia
kat, 31 Oct 2008Hi Jhake,
I went to samsung for the upgrade like u told me. the new version is JPHJ1(PDA) a... moreKat,
Go for JVHI3, which good. Did you ask for your route 66 cd? have a good day. If you can call me or send sms it will be better. Have a nice day.
My number . . . 00971502574508