I had my 16 GB White Omnia for about two days now and here are my thoughts on it:
Performance is quite fast. Opening apps etc take no time at all.
Like some other people,I too have had problems with the auto screen rotation locking up and the handset screen not switching back on from sleep mode. It happened two times within half an hour.
Doing a battery pull/switching off, even resetting would not cure, only a hard reset.
However, I have found that unchecking the 'turn off backlight' option seems to have cured this problem permanently (for the moment). So far so good...
I've owned a few other windows mobile devices in the past and it seems that files need to go:
*From 'file explorer'
*Then into 'my storage'
Once in there, it goes into the 8 or 16GB memory of the phone (depending which one you have).
When using the touch screen for things like dragging and moving through web pages or menus is good, but for those who have used the i phone's touch screen, will feel like they have downdgraded a little. The Omnia is not quite as smooth.
Overall it's a really good pocket pc with a windows/samsung hybrid menu system.
Samsung i900 Omnia coming through AT&T (US) in the first week of November... for around $350-$400 with a 2 year-contract...
Guys can somebody tell me where I can get the Icon for Samsung Mobile Navigator?
hi i got de software problems in SGH i 900 0mnia 16 GB,someone else can give me the hints taht how to transfer de data(softwares) to my storage of sgh i 900,,ie all de software files occupy main memory and disable other operating system,how to transfer the software files to my storage,i tried many times but coundn't do,different from other PDA mobiles
scoopyscoopy, 18 Oct 20081. go to - setting --> system tab --> rotation "Automatic". If it is not rotating automatic th... morehi scoopy, as you mentyioned abut rotating screen option is not there, what i have to do now. pls explain. then the ringtones are default but i want to use the MP3 songs as my ringtones, pls suggest the both..
there some one here ask about the difference between omnia 8gb and 16gb....really is there a difference in prefomance or in any thing
ryan, 18 Oct 2008Yes, you have make a wrong choice because Omnia phone is simply too good for you. I don't even... moreYeah, you are right Omnia is a very good looking phone. I have used WM devices since WM 2003. I know which one is good and which one is bad because simply I have so many experiences with WM. Omnia is still too far from stability as HTC devices.
The annoying things I found out were as follow:
- most programs couldn't run due to resolution
- HJ1 rom so far is very good, unless you install other programs, otherwise, you will have many problems
- screen autorotation dies many times
- doesn't wake up
- can't touch anything sometimes, the touch feature is frozen.
I have owned rx3715, rw6828, p3600, htc touch and TYTN II and Omnia. If you have been used those wm devices, you will khow what the different with Omnia. Well, otherwise, you won't understand what I am talking about.
I bought Omnia, because it is the best size for me for its features. But typing in Omnia is a pain as Samsung disable WM's word suggest feature.
JP, 18 Oct 2008Hi friends, I have 2 questions regarding the settings, pls can anyone help me in this regard,... morego to " settings " , system , " motion sensor " and adjust the sensitivity the way you want it. for mp3 ringtone, press start button , programs , file explorer , music , and choose the song that you want to set as ringtone by pressing the title of the song for about 2secs. phone will ask you to set as ringtone ? just click it. there you go !!!
JP, 18 Oct 2008Hi friends,
I have 2 questions regarding the settings, pls can anyone help me in this regard,... more1. go to - setting --> system tab --> rotation "Automatic". If it is not rotating automatic then, you need to nard reset. That is typical Omnia problem.
2. Put all your mp3 in my documents/ringtones
And then - setting --> personal tab - phone and change to the one you like.
I have 2 questions regarding the settings, pls can anyone help me in this regard,
1. How to set the rotating desktop ( i.e., automatical alignment)
2. How to set MP3 songs as my ringing tone.
I have the iPhone 3g and I do like it and I know it's pros and cons. I've been looking at the Samsung Omnia and seem to like it a lot more as it offers a lot more, as in better camera and mms support.... so I ask you all out there, Do I stick with iPhone 3g or move over to the Samsung Omnia, whats your thoughts?
Thanks in Advance
i'm concern about the GPS.Is this Samsung Omnia GPS via satelite, means functioning like GPS navigator? As i called Samsung they said only via 3G or wifi. If via 3G it will be costly when using GPS.
someone posted this at the se x1 opinion and i thought it would be useful for people who wnats to buy samsung omnia.
bought Samsung Omnia.
But it turned out a disappintment as follow:
- same ear piece and loud speaker so the sound quality is terrible.
- frozen and didn't wake up most of the time.
- terrible sunlight readibility. can't use GPS in bright daylight even in the car. what's the point of GPS then?
- touch screen is not very sensitive as HTC devices and at some points, touch is not possible expecially, near ok button. I tested touch testing, only one point near ok button. That's why so hard to press it.
- full of Samsung stuffs in rom and can't remove them and hard to update software like flash lite, google map, opera.
- terrible dialer interface
- bluetooth stereo is not as good as HTC devices..
- Stylus can't be carried all the time and difficult to deal with small things sometimes.
- hard to take pictures in bright sunlight. it's all funny color.
Oh, My god, I have made the wrong choice... Should have waited for X1.
Jhake (UAE), 18 Oct 2008Finally I got my i900 Omnia 16GB, what I can say is this a great phone. One question only, Ho... moreyo dude , i myself already asked this question here , and so far no one answered it. they just keep on saying that this rom etc... is good but they cant say whats the difference. i think you should stay in the rom that you have to be safe. for i read in modaco that flashing your omnia to new rom has a possibility of crashing your expensive omnia. till i get an answer to someone who has new rom, that will be the time to think about it.
scoopyscoopy, 17 Oct 2008I bought Samsung Omnia las week.
But it turned out a disappintment as follow:
- same ear p... moreYes, you have make a wrong choice because Omnia phone is simply too good for you. I don't even think you should use a smart phone. Why don't you learn your Omnia phone by reading the manual or asking other people instead of blaming on the phone? Many others are happy users of this phone just like myself.
Likewise, SE X1 which is a also a WM phone, you will also have your own difficulties. So stop Whining!