"2. Phone's speaker also has a crackling sound when at high pitch.
3. The touchscreen is not sensitive and accurate."
I also agree on those points as well. The touchscreen sensitivity and accuracy can be quite fustrating from time to time.
Like I've said earlier, there's not enough RAM memory. The camera needs at least 5 MB free. So I had to unistall programs that could only go to RAM memory such as VB, and etc...
I would also add that the Samsung UI is worthless.
It had happened to me that the phone shut off on me, but that was mostly when the phone was in my pocket.
I hope Samsung gonna offer a better Pocket PC than this one in the near future because it starts to make me dislike the brand. I got big LCD screens, and many Samsung phones...
Vicky, 10 Aug 2008Does it have VOIP? like can you use Skype with it? to vicky: yes
Samsung OMNIA Sucks! and Made international Roaming calls on its own!!!
I am sharing my utter dissapointment and disgust at my Samsung Omnia. I have been using OMNIA for 3 weeks. I have found out that my Omnia had gone bonkers and made at least 15 roaming calls on its own when I was away in another country. My phone keys were locked and display was put in sleep mode. These unintended calls were due to the sheer stupidity of the enginnering design which allow my phone to make calls even though it was put in sleep mode and keys locked.
I am also extremely pissed off with samsung customer service. I have written many emails to samsung regarding my earlier predicaments with OMNIA and there were many delivery failure messages indicating my emails bounced back. Samsung customer service is really lousy and unprofessional.
Some of the other problems with my OMNIA:
2. GPS couldn't get a fix and it had hanged many times!
3. The phone had hanged many times. Sometimes I also could not open the camera function as it stated that phone memory was not enough (eventhough I had ended all the other tasks and only had 2 pictures in memory!)
4. I had became an expert in poking the soft reset until last week the phone hanged while I was not using it! I had set the alarm clock timings in the phone before going to sleep. However it was my body alarm clock which woke me up. When I noticed the phone hanged and didn't ring I knew I was in great trouble. Being a pilot, my punctuality is of utmost importance. I was nearly half an hour late for my flight. This incident will be recorded and will definitely affect my performance appraisal.
Finally after many emails, I was given a 1 for 1 exchange. However, the so-called "new" phone also sucks!
Among the problems:
1. First of all, my main complaint that my previous OMNIA made calls when kept in my pocket with the keys locked and power turned off persisted in the "new" phone. In fact I CAN'T even lock the keys. I have made sure that the End key setting: Lock Device was selected in the Settings for Buttons. However, I am unable to lock the keys! Any accidental pressure on the call button can cause it to start dialling. I am really very disappointed beyond words. I have also yet to get an answer to the charges for the many calls made automatically by my phone while I was overseas previously. Who is gonna settle the bills for all these roaming calls?!!!
2. Phone's speaker also has a crackling sound when at high pitch.
3. The touchscreen is not sensitive and accurate.
4. phone also has no vibration feedback on the touch screen even though I have selected Max vibration feedback!
5. phone's camera still has the same bug of "Unable to launch camera due not enough memory". It was my first use of the camera and not even a picture was taken yet!
Unless Samsung improves their reliability and customer service, I guess it is better to stick with a reliable brand such as Nokia, Sony Ericsson, O2, etc!
For more info of OMNIA can contact me and I will gladly share my review of this phone!
to anonymous: where did u get ur iphone theme? when u intall spb shell do ur contacts and their pics and ringtones get automatically transfered or do u have to re-program? also...anywhere i can get spb shell free for more than a trial period?
phone is gonna be launched in dubai on 1st september....price around 2500-3000 dhs..
Also, the power adapter at the bottom left of the phone is definitely in the wrong spot.
If you got a car holder for the phone, good luck with that.
The i900 seems to be an incomplete design. The way it should be is like the upcoming i8510.
I would be glad to wait for the i8510, except I don't like Symbian OS.
I agree too that screen sucks in sunglight. Graphics kinda suck too (not enough pixels). It does the job though.
I think it's more a phone for my wife. >>> No GPS software >>> Adequate graphic but mediocre sunlight screen >>> just enough RAM but up-to-date internal storage.
The only advantage I see in this phone is the big screen and the 5.0 Megapixel. Waiting for another Pocket PC phone...
The Tomtom6 is definitely not for the i900!!!
First, you'll have to rotate the phone to widescreen format for the program to start!
Then you'll have about 3/4 inch overlap on the right. Quite annoying, especially when you'll be looking at the road, then try to figure out where you are at in the map. It's -10 out of 10.
Almost impossible to use under direct sunlight.very very poor displey in sun light
Anonymous, 10 Aug 2008Too much lag, and it's unresponsive at times. Also, the colors are not that great. Almost im... moreI have the omnia, and you DONT have to use the Samsung UI. I have a iphone theme and spb mobile shell installed and they are very reponsive.
I dont have a bad time using it in the sun either.
Too much lag, and it's unresponsive at times. Also, the colors are not that great. Almost impossible to use under direct sunlight. Nice try Samsung, but not good enough.
maray344, 06 Aug 2008Well the unfortunate aspect of not having a flash capability may have just changed with the Sk... morehi plz can you show wer to download this skyfire flash software from thnx??? plz email me email@example.com
Goodd phone but it not 3g in NORTH AMERICA IT SUCK ONLY IN EUROPE so i not gonna buy the omnia.:( i gonna stay with my iphone..
Omnia is a great phone, especially when coupled with SPB Mobile Shell which I think makes it even cooler than HTC Diamond.
But I am still very upset that my Omnia had this problem since day 1 whereby the screen refused to turn on after a few hours of inactivity, and I can only resolved it through a soft reset. When this problem occur, the phone is actually still functioning as I can still receive call and make calls, just that the LCD's totally turned off. Even after hard resetting my phone and not installing any application, this problem still recurred.
After 7 days, I sent it to Samsung Singapore for repairs and they refused to change a new set. They changed the touch panel instead and lo and behold, the problem persisted. I had to re-send it in again for repairs and requested for it to be escalated to their management for replacement - I hope it can be done.
The phone has lots of potential, but is totally useless if I need to soft reboot every few hours.
Anonymous, 09 Aug 2008I gave my brother my i780 as a gift, a very expensive gift I must say. So I bought the i900 t... moreI checked it on the net and loved it.It has much more features than the iPhone.Would you mind telling me how much you paid for it?
stuff, 07 Aug 2008does any1 know if Omnia has limited letters up to 160 letters/page which found very common on ... moreHi, its not the phone that restricts the amount of characters its your network provider, if you go into your message settings and choose network maximum it will alow the max characters before splitting the sms/mms, if your writing a large sms choose mms option ans dont add a photo, this will allow for more charachters per message and a lower price per message.