I bought one of 16 Gb, I become full after buying this. its touch screen is not working. it is rough like anything. it will be better not to buy it.
i am using i900 omnia. sasmsung showing 8 to 16Gb internal memory. but when m putting any file more den 64mb it is giving pro.. i. e your memory has full delete some data. even m tryng to switch on its camera. i got msg.. atleast u have to 5MB memory so plzz tell me where is da prb..
kb, 29 Dec 2009Does anyone know whether the latest software update is available thru the net for the Samsung ... moreare you sure that omnia HD have the window7can you give me the link...i think HD have SYMBIAN on it not win mo device...for your query about i900,samsung left this old one on the dust...i900 have only cooked rom windows 6.5 to be upgraded...thanks in advance...
Does anyone know whether the latest software update is available thru the net for the Samsung i900 Omnia? Looks like they've forgotten about this once top of the line touchscreen phone. Even Windows 7 is only available for the latest Omnia HD phone.
LuckyNr7, 22 Dec 2009Hi Edge... First of all...sorry if my english isnt the best,because im portuguese and somet... morethe nokia e71 and e72 are way better. if you can find phones better than these two, then they are also better than omnia. i have an omnia and i wished i went for the nokia eseries.
Faye, 26 Dec 2009Thx for the information , I allready knew how to enlarge the text size , but it is still way t... moreFaye,
Get some good rom at samsung omnia community site from those rom cooker. For alarm, you can turn it off from Monday - Sunday from the clock.
As for the text size, i think u can go to settings -> personalize if im not mistaken.
lexjane, 27 Dec 2009my i900 is in spanish language. how can i change this to english? theres no settings to change... more>>>>lexjane
Try to read the previous post there and you'll find solution to your problem...
my i900 is in spanish language. how can i change this to english? theres no settings to change the language..
Setsuka, 26 Dec 2009As a former omnia user for 5 months i know exactly how you feel,and i know you're not making t... moreyo set im planning to buy omnia2 then it confuse me with 3gs anyway can i watch vids like avi or should i converted it first to mpeg4 or what ever format for iphone and another thing how about the web surfing is it true it cannot watch youtube from a browser and the flash is not working...tama ba tol?!
Edge, 26 Dec 2009Faye > in order to install WinMo 6.5 you need a cooked ROM. Why cooked? Because WinMo 6.5 firm... moreThx for the information , I allready knew how to enlarge the text size , but it is still way to little isnt there any program to enlarge it..
And can u explain me a bit more specific how to install it ..
'cuz i've never heard about a COOKED ROM :)
Is it always that when u turn off the phone that the alarm doesnt go oFF???
I really don't like this phone!
Setsuka, 26 Dec 2009As a former omnia user for 5 months i know exactly how you feel,and i know you're not making t... moreSetsuka,
Thanx for your reply in my statement earlier, is really undeniable that since the very beginning of omnia release, i tot it would be the pda that fulfill all my needs and would be the perfect ever pda i have found. I would rate it 95% AT FIRST.
Secondly, congrats on your newly brought Iphone. 8 times of reset? I did not encounter that much either. But just kinda annoy with the unremovable unwanted program neither from phone / active sync.
As for the multitasking stuff, try google around how to jailbreak it. Heard some pro have solved it to multitaking.
As for battery life, I think it wouldnt be as bad as HTC i guess. I don't really care since the Iphone charging is fast enough, I think just 1 hour like that am I rite? bring car adapter along.
Its true that Winmo gave us alot of tweaks, but Iphone not bad as well as they have alot of jailbreakers.
I had enough of system crash of winmo. Edge: try open skype apps and end task it. See what happen. You will have to restart the phone. Lolx.
Setsuka: Tell me more on your experience on Iphone 3g/3gs u are using.
Edge, 26 Dec 2009Faye > in order to install WinMo 6.5 you need a cooked ROM. Why cooked? Because WinMo 6.5 firm... moreEdge,
In reply to your statement.
1. I have no idea but this really fedup.
2. If you browse those heavy data/content site, you have to clear the cache.
3. If 1 year down the road still using the original rom release, really boring. Yes, you can have a custom rom, but flash it with ur own risk.
4. I have cooked a DXID release and cook back to original DXIA5 downloaded from samsung official website, too bad, flash until 3rd step, bricked.
5. No idea on your statement.
6. Really slow bro, as i know htc same batch release have 256mb ram already. Thats good enough.
7. What I mean is, Iphone keep coming out with the new OS for 3g and 3gs / Ipod. Just that this Omnia non stop coming new model like omnia pro, omnia II and so on. Samsung forget about Omnia I900 already.
8. Of coz I know Omnia I900 has a mouse, but using that wheel to the x button is way too slow. If you are using Iphone, it is smart enough to determine where you wish to click on exactly. Ok, lets dun take Iphone as you will think I am way too bias. Let take HTC HD2, its about the same like Iphone.
Yes, Iphone have a responsive screen. Bare in mind that TomTom have developed an application for Iphone which i think it might not be an issue for it. Maybe it would be disadvantages if you are in the Asia region because garmin is well known in Asia. But that is not a problem for me as I have a PND with Wince.net 5.0 where i can install garmin/mapking/TomTom/Igo. To be honest, samsung are using a so-called not strong enough chipset of GPS which makes it hard to detect the signal from car if your car is tinted with V-Cool brand.
For the camera megapixel, i think it doesnt matter for me since one of my fren are using it to snap his modelling architecture project and the quality looks good enough. I don't really care on it since i am not that person who always use the camera. I rather use SLR. But if you are considering a good cam on mobile, go consider this HD2. I have just play around with my fren's HD2 which I felt its freaking good at the moment.
I will quite the Iphone more faster than omnia? I think nope. Previously I am freaking enthusiast of winmo, do modification and etc. But really tired of this winmo. I ain't gamers type. But i just hope that there will be a phone which can counter the above problem.
P/S: No hard feeling bro. Seriously just my very own opinion to share around. Just felt tired of the very first release of omnia with GPS which catch my attention at the first place. But sooner or later, felt fedup with the update/patches by official samsung.
Kx, 25 Dec 2009Forget about this omnia. Used for 6 months + . The result is:
1. Touch screen based on nail... moreAs a former omnia user for 5 months i know exactly how you feel,and i know you're not making these bad things up.
I once said omnia is 95% overall good,well i guess now someone has experience of the remaining 5%,just like i did,as for me i've hard reset omnia about 8 times just to fix those problems,i did fix them after that i've had enough.
If you're going to change it to iPhone (just like me) then it's really up to you,just don't go to 2G iPhone,choose between 3G or 3Gs,and make sure you're ready for the things you'll miss once you have an iPhone,mainly about a very limited multitasking and battery live.
Beyond those two unsolved negative things,you'll get an absolutely new feeling & experience in touchscreen smartphone you'll never find in any other handset.
Faye > in order to install WinMo 6.5 you need a cooked ROM. Why cooked? Because WinMo 6.5 firmwares from Samsung are not available for Omnia I900 phones too. You can find tens of cooked ROM of WinMo 6.5 on modaco forums.
For increasing text size go to Settings > System > Screen > Text Size and select a size you consider better.
Anonymous > for putting sms alerts you have to go to Settings > Personal > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications > Event: Messaging: New text message > tick Play Sound and select a song. I bet there's only the Vibrate function ticked.
1) No skin, just nails.. correct. Resistive screen not capacitive. Read the difference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen
2) There's enough memory if you install your apps on the 8/16GB MyStorage or and expansion microSD card. I have an omnia 8gb with no expansion card and although I have 24 apps installed I still have 42MB out of 96.5 Program memory and 60.41MB out of 94.2 Storage Memory.
3) No rom update in 6 months? That would be good if you have found a good rom to stick with. I have DXIA5 firmware from February and many say it is the best WinMo 6.1 firmware.
4) I don't know what you exactly mean... I have seen a custom cooked WinMo 6.5 firmware on a friend's Omnia and because he didn't like it, I reinstalled DXIA5 back on it.
5) It's a phone, not a PC. Altough it's a PPC it still is 20 times smaller than a PC. Resume to normal tasking and everything will be fine. Don't start 2 browsers, listen to music and play some game just to see if it can run it cause it is useless.
6) Depends on who's using the phone. If it's someone who knows how to use the phone, 128MB is enough, trust me.
7) Don't really understand what you mean. You are saying Iphone is better because Apple doesn't release many phone OS updates? Then why didn't we just stick to stone wheel?
8) Phone has a mouse too, you know? It is controlled by the dark square button between the answer/reject buttons. You can activate it by going to Settings > System > Finger Mouse. Simple as that...
I feel sorry for you that you are so seriously downgradint to iPhone which has nothing else but a super fast response screen. They had to launch 3 versions of the iPhone just to add a damn GPS on it which I dare to wish you good luck using it if you don't have an internet connection. Besides that, seriously .. 3.15MPX? Even my old K800 had that and it cost one tenth of the iPhone price. You will quit the iPhone even faster than the Omnia.
xavier > look for and install: RescoKeyboard or FingerKeyboard. Larger and more functions buttons.
Can somebody tell me how to install the windows mobile 6.5 ... is it possible on my omnia I900 8GB ????
Is there any way to enlarge the text size because the small letters are driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Hey guys..can someone kindly tell me how to put the sound alerts for txt message for this phone i've been trying but nothing happens for txt message except vibration..the phone calls is alright does the sound alert but not for message alert..cheers.
Forget about this omnia. Used for 6 months + . The result is:
1. Touch screen based on nails rather than skin. Have to hard press.
2. Insufficient memory when installing apps unless u use some custom rom. I have bricked my phone once.
3. From the first day I bought this phone till now, no rom update.
4. Once use custom rom and u wish to back to original rom, good luck guys.
5. Laggy when open too much apps.
6.Processor speed is fast, as I know is 600+ mhz but the RAM sucks, just 128.
7. Not long ago after the release, Samsung release new model rather than new ROM/OS. This is really sad. Unlike Iphone, they release OS constantly and more standardized on their release.
8. some scrolling/close button not big enuff which makes me damn annoy where i need to use my nail.
Anyway, its really come out from my experience. No hard feeling guys who uses this phone. Now I aim for Iphone. All the best dude.