will it support 32 gb memory card? i have sandisk 32 gb class 10 memory card.....can i use it for samsung s advance....
bihim, 08 Aug 2012Hi. I am using Samsung Galazy S Advance. When phone is in power saver mode/off mode, screen is... moreInstall "Missed Call Reminder", free app from the store. You can setup different types of audio, visual notificatation for missed calls or SMS.
Hi. I am using Samsung Galazy S Advance. When phone is in power saver mode/off mode, screen is black.
But there is no notification indication for the missed call or sms received.
Anybody faced this problem, or how to make set up to see the missed call notification without screen on.
Amer, 07 Aug 2012i have some questions - whay the battery must be charging daily for normal use ? - internal... moreYes Amer , thats correct. 6gb storage. tough break! but its no big deal cuz u can put SD on and have extra storage. and 555mb ram is cuz the remain is used up for UI , Android OS , and some other Apps that cant be closed. its the same in all phones. 1gig rams arent 1gig they're mostly 850. this phones performance is great im quite satisfied and 1 other thing that amazed me is its Screen i cant belive that SUPER AMOLED is so good! i compared it to S-lcd and SUPER AMOLED PLUS. and i can tell that it was best among them! just sayin this phone rocks!
i have some questions
- whay the battery must be charging daily for normal use ?
- internal memory 2GB for system + 4GB for usb storeg = 6 GB and not 8 GB , how that?
- ram is 555 mb is not 789 mb !!!!!???
Please tell me does it really have network issues.Should i buy this or not?
Galaxy Advance its have a problem on camera application. camera is not zooming action???
Galaxy Advance its have a problem on camera application. camera is not zooming action???
sparky, 03 Aug 2012i charged my s advance last night 100 % in morning when i woke up i saw my battery is 67 %. so... morei got the same problem as sparky said.. i turn off my phone and fully charge till 100%.. the battery percentage drop fast when i turn on it.. i notice the problem is the percentage detected is not accurate.. can anyone give suggestion, pls? tq..
Jeff, 05 Aug 2012This phone NETWORK is weak. Sometimes it cant search ur network. It takes VERY LONG TIME on se... moreSame network searching problem is coming to my phone also can we tell the solution regards those issues..
Jeff, 05 Aug 2012This phone NETWORK is weak. Sometimes it cant search ur network. It takes VERY LONG TIME on se... moreI think it is the OS problem because whoever is buying this phone,has this issue with some Network Service Provider(not all).I am experiencing the same problem.Some of the users have changed their motherboards, but the problem remains. I think that there is a bug in the phone OS, which needs to be upgraded.
Jeff, 05 Aug 2012This phone NETWORK is weak. Sometimes it cant search ur network. It takes VERY LONG TIME on se... moreJeff, I just bought my Galaxy S Advance a week ago. So far, I have no problem with the connection provided by GSM provider (the best one in indonesia) even I subscribe the lowest available package. The phone is fast, intuitive and smart enough for the price it is paid. I love it.
@advance- i'm not so sure if you can upgrade it to ics..but since samsung has released the official ics software update i think you can..you can either root it and flash it with ics by yourself..or..you can go to a samsung service center and have it upgraded there for free, or you might be charged a fee for it..our s2 got a free upgrade when my daughter accidentally pattern locked it and we cannot get it restored thru gmail, i took it to a service center..they did master reset and asked me if i wanted to upgrade it to 4.03 for free..so we did..try to go there and ask if they can do the same for you..you'll be impressed with the improvement in battery life with ics..
if the device can record 720p videos, chances are they would also play the same quality of video for output..if you want to have good output quality, download hd files so when you play it in a 42 inch plasma screen, its not that blurry..but its not a guarantee that the picture quality will be that good..if you want 1080p, you better move up to the s2..let's face it..the s1 advance is a quantum leap from its predecessor, considering the specs and the flagship..but it cannot be compared to the s2 when it comes to the features..its meant to be this way, as the s2's purpose will be useless if the "s1" advance can be up to par with it..use the phone comparison tool in this site to check the specks before you buy it so you would not have any issues with features and performance..this is a very good phone, i'm using it as a third phone for my 3rd network provider..again, it cannot compare with my htc one x..but it definately makes me happy with its performance
these might be helpful/useful for smartphone users like me..
Just like computers and laptops, Your Android phones need cleaning and proper maintenance to retain or regain its performance. If you are a tech-savvy person, then the lag times as well as the crashes are a great annoyance. But aside from that, it is a sign that your Android smartphone needs attention. To think, these devices are little computers, most of them are even more powerful than mid-level notebooks or desktops, or even more expensive. By the time you experience something unusual from your Android device, whatever the version maybe, be sure to do some of these maintenance tips to enjoy what you have been enjoying the first week you bought your device.
Here are the some tips you might want to consider to bring your device back to its optimum performance.
1. Make Sure To Delete Old Messages Ė This includes your text and MMS messages. While you might think these things eat up a little of your phoneís memory, well thatís true for one message but imagine having a few hundreds of those messages and you will be shocked how they consume some space inside your Android handset. If you donít want to lose those messages, then try to back them up and save the backup files to your computer for easy access and feel free to delete them. After all, if you want to retrieve them, you can do it in one touch considering you have the backup file in your computer.
2. Get Rid Of Unused Apps Ė Sometimes you feel like trying to use some apps especially when they are newly released but in due time you feel tired of using them. This is a common scenario for game apps. After you have completed all of the stages, you lost interest and leave the app alone and stuck in your device. If you think you donít need those apps then uninstall them. If you donít want to lose them, then save the APK file into your computer so that you can reinstall them anytime. Depending on the size of the app, they eat up considerably huge amount of space in your device than messages.
3. Move Apps to SD Card and Clear Cache Ė Android phones try to load the data saved in its internal memory or the SD card that comes within the device. While it is the common directory destination every time you install apps in your phone, Android will take time reading it every time so the load time is increased. For your apps, try to move them to your external SD card. Also, try to clear the cache from your apps and browser. In that way, you can eliminate the files that were previously loaded but not in use anymore. You can do these things in one click.
4. Delete Unnecessary Files From Your SD Card Ė In line with clearing the cache in your SD card, there are also other files that you are not using anymore like videos that you already watched, mp3 files that you donít want to listen, or photos that you donít need. Just back them up to your computer and delete them from your phoneís SD card. Believe me, it is better to have enough space for your phone to use than to have less. Aside from the fact that Android will try to read them every time it scans your SD cardís directories, they are eating up too much space. You are actually hitting two birds in one stone here.
5. Permanently Deleted Trashed Data Ė One of the good things about these little computers is that they donít usually delete the trashed files immediately. Instead, they will put it in yet another directory so that by the time you wish to restore them, you donít have to look for any other directories. If you think all the files that you trashed are useless already, then delete them permanently. The fact that they are still restorable is evident that they also eat up some of the memory of your phone. Get rid of them and it can help speed up your Android smart phone.
These things are actually the basic things you do if you have an Android device. So, you might have known it already. But for those who donít know them yet, well these things have already been tested and it works every time. Try them and youíll see!
@jhong-fast reboot,app cache cleaner advance task manager and killer pro,un-install memory booster and battery defender is what i use.. you just have to set the limits for memory threshold for memory booster..for the advance task manager and killer, you can set the auto kill frequency..
the memory booster has a quick boost widget that can enable you to give your phone a quick boost if you are getting lags as it also kills apps instantly..
make sure to clean your cache one a day and do the power cycle once a week..as this is a pre-emptive maintenance for your phone..i work for a telecoms company and this is what we tell our clients when they call in, it usually resolves 75% of most device issues..
if you can, charge your phone turned off, as this not only gives your device a rest which will not only improve performance but also prolong the life of your phone..remember, smartphones are no different from desktops or laptops..if you don't give them time to rest once in a while, they tend to be slow and lag..