AnonD-151559, 07 Jul 2013To sum it up, you recommend rooting the phone, installing CoCore kernel and then battery saver... moreNFS-MW, Vice City: haven't tested. Subway Surfers gives me an avg FPS of 51 which is Excellent. Above all games, I presume Asphalt 7 is quite a heavy runner, which used to lag a lot with GB as well as JB..but now it works awesome without a single lag....
very disappointed with jb 4.1.2, im gonna call samsung service and downgrade it to gb. i hope that 4.2.2 will be much better. Btw anyone knows when 4.2.2 will be released?
AnonD-82836, 07 Jul 2013Hey Aditi and all the SGSA fans.
I got this phone in 2 weeks after it was launched in India... moreTo sum it up, you recommend rooting the phone, installing CoCore kernel and then battery saver app.
Installing custom kernel, and believe me I've tried them all, only helps a bit. There were still lags, especially in games, and delays opening system apps.
And, I don't know about Asphalt 7, but Most Wanted, Dead Trigger, Vice City, Subway Surfers all lagged even with CoCore 6.8
I'm on GB now and everything's so smooth, except for Dead Trigger that lags on low for some reason but still much better than on JB.
Hey i m updated the os to jb by downloading thru net... on pc.... first the phone work fine but after some day... it lags v much n kies option is not available... so please suggest me solution.......:(
dont buy the jelly bean version
buy the gingerbread version
jelly bean version lag
trust me i am telling to you all from my
exprience with the jelly bean version of this phone
aditi, 06 Jul 2013As soon as i bought the phone i updated it to jellybean via kies, going against all advice, on... moreHey Aditi and all the SGSA fans.
I got this phone in 2 weeks after it was launched in India last year. Using this phone since 1 year, and believe me I am a noob just like you guys. Definitely this phone lags and has degraded after upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. I was about to sell it but then one fine day........I found the XDA Forum...!!!!
Remember, this phone has no "HARD WARE ISSUE". The GPU, CPU, RAM, Ghz, Cores has nothing to do with it. After various research and observation, the Geeks @ XDA.Forum have found out that the Kernel and the Firmware given by Sammy is not optimized for our phones, which is the actual culprit and the root cause of all the laggyness.
Today I give you the ultimate Noob friendly guide and BELIEVE ME FRIENDS AFTER YOU FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS EXACTLY aS i HAVE MENTIONED, you will prefer SGSA over all other mid range phones available in the market @kingpin you will never call this a "Shit" Again..!
WARNING!!: Following procedure is tested on three SGSA phones including mine and none of them have malfunctioned instead you will see that your phone has become smoother than ever.
NOTE: The below steps need you to ROOT you phone which will void your Warranty. (I did Void though you can UNROOT it later)
1. Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT I9070 running Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware (Mine is XXXDDULP8).
2. Shaan's ROOT.zip package: http://d-h.st/ook
3. CoCafe's CoCore-E-6.8 Kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2036791&d=1371032347
4. ROOT Browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&feature=search_result
5. Frapeti's Universal Kernel Flashing Tool: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frapeti.ukflash2
6. One Power Gaurd: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onexuan.battery&feature=search_result
7. Lot of Patience......:P
1. Download the ROOT.zip package from the above link, and place it in the External SD Card of your device. Turn off the phone and reboot your device in Recovery mode (Vol up+ Power + Home) press and hold at once for a fewseconds. Scroll using Volume keys and Select 'Install from SD Card' with the Power Key, locate the ROOT.zip and start flashing the file.....wait until the process says "Done..!!". Select Reboot your phone. Congratulations!! You have rooted your device. (and you have voided your warrant..:P). After you switch on the phone, you will see a new application Called "SuperSU" thatwill now on ask you Whether to Grant or Deny Root Access to any of the applications that you install. (Dont Panic, you can change the access mode in the App's Settings)
2. Download Cocafe's CoCore Kernel 6.8.zip and extract a file named Kernel.bin.md5 and place it on you External SD Card.
3. Install the ROOT Browser & Frapeti's UKF tool from the above link.
4. Open UKF Tool and Back up your existing Kernel from settings. Then Tap 'Select a Kernel image'; by default it will open with the Root Browser that you have installed. Select the 'Kernel.Bin.md5' file that you placed in your External SD Card and then it will identify Cocafe's Kernel. Tap on 'Flash Kernel image'. Wait until it is Done and it says 'Consider Rebooting'. Then TAP on 'Reboot/OK'. After the phone reboots, check for the Kernel Version. See the difference. Your phone is now Rooted and will have an advanced CWM recovery mode..can check it through rebooting the phone in Recovery mode and you will see the new UI
5. For people concerned about their Battery Life, the ultimate solution is a Battery Saver in True sense: "One Power Guard" free in Play Store; Select the StandBy mode and I bet your phone will last longer than ever but at the cost of Smoothness. This app actually gives you an option to under/over-clock your CPU which will inturn affect the Battery consumption of your phone's hardware. I suggest to keep it in Standby Mode + Power Saving and you will get an average usage of 1.5 days with moderate-Heavy usage.
I personally got the Asphalt 7 from the play store just to check the performance and it plays @52-60FPS (tested with FPs meter on). All credit goes to CoCafe, Frapeti, Shaan and creators of OnePowerGuard- Senior Geeks from XDA-Forum we are highly indebted for their Stupendous support.
Hope the above Guide will help each and every one who is actually looking for Help.
NOTE: None of your Phone's will BRICK in the process unless you do it in a way other than above.
IF ANY OF YOU NEED TO UNROOT YOUR PHONE THAN YOU MAY FLASH THE xxDDULP8 FIRMWARE THROUGH ODIN AND THIS WILL UNROOT YOUR PHONE AS WELL AS RESTORE YOUR STOCK KERNEL.
It is advisable that you back up all your phone's Data before proceeding.
Guys dis is d ultimate solution for extend ur gsa bsttery life n performance.
1.1st of all root ur phone in jb os.
2.go to cm v6
3.istall turbo stock v1 rom .
4.after updating go devalopers option.turn off all animation scale n no background processes.
5.in default browser setting- turn off plugin, dnt accepts cookie, disable location setting.
6.thats it.see whats d change ur ph battery backup n performance.
If u really wanna enjoy jelly bean,then sell this shit and go for the Almighty Galaxy s3 mini.PERIOD.
Please suggest me some free anttivirus as my s advance has becm extrmly slo and I'm sure this is because of virus.
As soon as i bought the phone i updated it to jellybean via kies, going against all advice, online as well as from friends. Initially there was no lag. But as i got more apps and games, it started to hang/freeze/lag and consuming the battery life like crazy. Tried battery saver app, n methods that would help speed up the phone (apart from rooting coz i didnt wana try that while still in my warranty period). None helped. Downgraded to gingerbread...hope it will be better now. So dont be in a hurry to get jellybean, i guess its not stable yet.
i m frm india i updated my gb to jb from sumsung service centre.it is now available in authorised srevice centre
Ayans, 05 Jul 2013Where Did You Get This Phone With Jelly bean Updated,
is Available in Any outlets preinstalle... morebought it in Nairobi online from Jumia company. It's very smooth even under heavy use. I don't know why people are complaining
PRIYA pamungkas, 05 Jul 2013in GB lag ,hang(freeze) rarely happen and battery could last 3-4 days even after many apps and... morecorrection :
it's wrong typing, not 'faster shutter speed',,
i meant : shorter shutter Lag or faster shutter Lag
which is maybe just the 'feeling faster' i still not sure,unconfirmed yet
Xperia P is much better. Don't buy it, you'll be disappointed because of the display
AnonD-162308, 06 Jul 2013hi guys, m planning to buy my first android phone.i m confused between galaxy s advance and ga... moreGo for S advance because Quattro is obsolete in hardware terms as compared to S Advance. Only thing it has to boast is its 4.7" screen and everything else is outdated.
If you can stretch your budget a lil bit then go for LG L9 it has specs same as compared to S Advance but a bigger screen and 1 GB of RAM
hi guys, m planning to buy my first android phone.i m confused between galaxy s advance and galaxy grand quattro. i have gone through the specifications of these two and found both have some unique advantages. which one will be a better buy in present day market..plz suggest. my budget is around 15k..is there any other option available @15k with a good brand name?(m considering android os only).
george, 05 Jul 2013i had no issues after the update, no heating, no lagging, but the battery life is pathetic, ba... moreWhen i got jelly bean, after the first battery recharge it seems the phone is back to normal, no more heating while using it on basic tasks...don't know what recharging the battery had to do with the heat issue but the important thing is that it's ok now. About battery life...maybe it's just me but it also seems a little better.Still i think battery life was better on gingerbread but i guess i can live with that. i allways keep my phone on 2G to preserve battery life. Cheers George!
user, 04 Jul 2013Please don't download after ice cream sandwitch os. because for jelybean its required 1 GB ram... moreThere is no ICS for S Advance. And amount of memory is not the problem, it just needs optimization.
Anyways I'm back on Gingerbread, awesome performance. Having Jelly Bean as it is now is just unacceptable. Lags and delays (opening dialer, messages etc.), as well as shorter battery life.