GREAT SPECS. . . i thnk this phone wil probably rule out nokia n8 due to android and dual core processor and really sleek design. . . it also includes usb on the go like n8
I don't get the iphone thing either... Yes the front looks like an iphone, it looks like an atrix, you could say it looks like a desire - what other way would you have Samsung make it?? A triangle design?? That would go really well!
Then when you actually look at the spec sheet of both the Galaxy S and S II - there really is no resemblance or comparison because theres no iPhone that can do what ANY Android can do.
Seems HDMI via the micro USB is indeed official. The specs listed in the press materials and the main official site differ slightly, in each case they have details the other does not. In this case the feature MHL is listed in the press material specs, MHL is Mobile High-definition Link, and supports HDMI out via Micro USB connection.
Cant wait to lay my hands over this beast. Beauty and precision all in one package love it... I hope its not disappointing as Nexus s!!! Does any one know when is it releasing...
i think i would get this phone..the best smartphone ever in now..glad that sammy still using the AMOLED display..not SLCD instead..
abhi, 15 Feb 2011Again samsung has been able to lure customers into it's trap. People will buy galaxy S II but... moremate read the posting rules esspecially no.8, uhmmm to reply to your post anyway, the main reason for a 2nd version or anything is that it is better than the 1st, so why are you comparing this to anything? it made a new class above SGS which was already at the top, havent you seen GSM Arena review, with iPhone V SGS?. according to GSM Arena who I like many other people trust, have reviewed it as a better phone, so talk your smack somewhere else, hey even make a forum about how crappy this phone is, when you havent even seen it. :) cheers
Wow its black,must have copied the iPhone,cos Apple developed and patented that colour huh.
It doesnt matter if this is a rip off of or THAT rip off of this whatever crap. Its just better than any other phones on the market now for sure. no matter what, this is absolutely my next phone!
i used galaxy s for 4 months now and dont have any significant problems with it.
apple AND blackberry is SO DEAD. RIP APPLE.
Again samsung has been able to lure customers into it's trap.
People will buy galaxy S II but after buying it what happens with them ???
1. U r sure not to get a android update at all...!!(ask most of the galaxy s customers stuck on 2.1)
2. Even if mistakingly samsung provides update to it's customers than it's completely sure that this phone will become heavily laggy after the update.(ask the few unlucky galaxy s customers who got update to 2.2)
3. No one will ever believe that u paid abt $850 - $900 for this extremely cheap looking plastic.
4. U r sure to be teased by people for having a iPhone ripoff.
5. It's design is no different from those dirt cheap samsung star series phones which even a roadside beggar carries these days. So, people aren't gonna ask u abt this phone even if u place it in front of them.
6. Samsung touchwiz - that's the biggest joke abt galaxy s II, iOS + WP7 ripoff.
7. Poor battery life like galaxy s.
8. Galaxy s never got fix for GPS & many other problems it had. So, if galaxy s II ships with some problems than it's 100% sure that u will be forever stuck with those problems.
Super AMOLED Plus also comes with a Real Stripe matrix. Theoretically, this means images may be a wee bit sharper looking, though at first glance you won’t see the difference between the regular Super AMOLED and the Plus one. The Pentile matrix of the previous gen SAMOLED screens was the main cause for some overly geeky criticism.