Yes, battery saver drained my S2 in 8hours. Its with widgets included app, with car fuel gadget for battery level
updated from android ICS 4.03 to ICS 4.04 all major bugs and battery problem is fixed :)
I m update my S II in 4.0.3
My camera is not working
When i open my camera it is show BLACK SPOTS.
Its a big issue for me.when i went to service center they will replace my camera.
rizwanahmed2020, 10 Sep 2012exactly which battery saver app, can you give me the link ?Don't use battery saver app, just remember to turn off all wifi and gps stuff and close all apps. Battery saver apps are fake they use more battery though.
exactly which battery saver app, can you give me the link ?
Arindam - INDIA, 10 Sep 2012I am using this phone for last 8 months. Still now I am very happy with my phone and its servi... moreif you are using the beast (s2) the way u described, then probably u did a mistake by buying this. you shoul dhave bought nokia 1100. it would have given a battery backup of 4 days.
Smartphones need to be used in smart ways..
rao03, 08 Sep 2012how to disable camera shutter sound....
please rply coz its annoying....
n when ics 4.0.4 wi... more4.0.4 india last this month
and when you going to tack a photos your phone must be silent mod & vib mode active .. no sutter sound
rs, 10 Sep 2012Help my sgs2 is dead while charging,i put out and put back battery try to switch on its hang o... morethere is no problem
ur battery has expired....
try removing the battery and it open for some time and try
if this also does not work ur battery is expired replace it with a new one..;)
Help my sgs2 is dead while charging,i put out and put back battery try to switch on its hang on galaxy s2 screen,put out battery half hour and try to switch on again but nothing come,no charging icon,only little hot near the camera..my question is,is it total dead any possible to repair? please help... no root and its 4.0.3 ics upgrade from 2.3.6. and no warranty.
I had a Black model of S II for nearly one year, then I exchanged it for White S II, which had out of the Box ICS Android... Now I regret having done so.. I think ICS is not at all stable with SII and there are quite lot of compatibility issues... It has been just 2 months of White SII... n it has been to the Service Center twice and there has been some or the other issue, for which I am forced to factory reset my phone (number input method, which is more beneficial).
Kindly let me know, when is the next Upgrade coming, if not Jellybean, I think an Upgrade for ICS with better stability should come asap. Firstly I had camera issues (getting blurred vision through lens), then there was audio problem (as recipient)- for which I had been to the Service Center. Now I have network problem for which my calls get disconnected within 3-5 minutes. I am highly disappointed with the stability issues. Kindly let me know if others have the same typo things cropping up with ICS upgrade. Just need to know, as I m thinking to change my phone...
I Still agree that its a superb phone, but it was better with Gingerbread !!!
Thanks in advance... :(
I am using this phone for last 8 months. Still now I am very happy with my phone and its service. I found some useful methods by which I have got a long battery backup. So those who are facing battery backup problem can use this.
1. If you are a 2G network connection user with 2G internet, then switch your phone to only 2G mode.
(settings-more-mobile network-network mode-GSM only)
2. Switch off WI-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS if you donít need those.
3. Turn off hyper feedback and vibration on touch option.
4. Donít use vibrate and ring or only vibrate option all the time. Use vibrates option only when you need most. Decrease vibrates intensity at settings as you need.
5. If instant mail service is not important to you then turn off account synchronization.
(settings-accounts and sync-off). As because I need instant mail service, I usually turn it on. But if you turn it off then you can see a huge difference on battery backup.
6. Choose some darkish wallpaper for background. You can choose HD darkish wallpaper.
7. Set brightness to 30-40%
8. After completing any task use back key for going to home page. Donít use home key.
9. After completing all tasks lock your screen. Donít wait for automatic screen lock. If you canít do this then decrease your screen timeout time 30 sec to 15 sec.
Most important things-
10. After full charge detach your charger port from your mobile. Never charge your phone through whole night. It will decrease your mobiles battery life.
11. After full charge switch off your mobile for 10-15 minutes.
12. If you found that you will not need to use youíre mobile for some time (I mean for 2 or 3 hour or more), then switch it off.
13. And use that type of mobile network connection whose network coverage is very good at your locality.
I use these methods for increasing the battery backup. Now my mobile gives at least 40 hour service on standby mode. On normal use it gives 24 to 30 hour service and on heavy use it gives 15 to 20 hour service. My mobile is running on ice-cream sandwich (4.0.3).
SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH...
After firmware upgrade my s2 to ICS 4.0.3 it is like shit-
-Music player frequently misbehave & music sounds funny & very distorted
-Many apps frequently hangs- perfect viewer, opera mini
these problems solves only by restarting phone
(NOW I KNOW WHY THEY INTRODUCED RESTART BUTTON)
- No option to choose between 2g ,3g
-camera performance decreased
-contacts/phonebook look anoying with same contact repeating again for different location
-no exit options for many apps specially sms box
And many others
-Only thing SEEMSimproved is battery life
A VERY FUZZY UPGRADE
IS THIS WE WERE LOOKING FOR IN THESE EXPENSIVE SMART PHONE, PROVIDED SAMSUNG HAD HANDS ON FREE O.S.-ANDROID
My previous Lava KKT 30 performed better
Can Anyone tell me how can i download nimbuzz and facebook on s2
hi, please help..
would like to ask if there's a big difference when it comes to features with the S2 compared to S Infuse?? your comments would be helpful.. thank you.
Jamshed, 08 Sep 2012Please help me decide whether to buy SII or SIII? My main concern is battery time as I am most... moreBuy s2 , its more good looking than s3 beside if u download the battery saver from app store , the s2 battery will last for 2 days even if u use game and net