for those who have upgraded to ICS and are complaining, did you factory reset your phones before upgrading to ICS?
I just bought Samsung Galaxy SII two days ago. May be I'm too early to post about it. But from 2 days experience its the best phone anyone can go for.The Camera, battery life is just too awesome. I wud sincerely suggest people to go for this.
new_android_user, 25 Mar 2012Hey guys, I live in Canada, and I bought the S2 about a month ago. I was wondering if the OFFI... moreno official update for canada is still not available wait for it, will be out soon , very easy to update , just keeping for update in setting menu, select the update option when the phone shows tbat a update is available.
TC, 25 Mar 2012I have a 32 Gb sd-card in my S2 and no problem at all with that!Thanks TC, it's a big help;)
Jayr, 25 Mar 20121. 'Oh, there's galaxy s2'
2. 'Yes, gonna buy galaxy s2'
3. 'Oh wait, gonna read reviews fir... moreThe "update" to ICS made my S2 often lag worse than my old S1 ever did even before any lagfix, so the "update" made S2 a lot worse than it was on GB, and that is not a small problem! If users do not complain after a this bad "update" then Samsung will continue deliver bad and untested "updates"!
If Apple sent out an official update that actually made most iPhones a lot worse than before the update, then the users would be very angry and demand that Apple fix the problems with a new and properly tested update!
S2 is still the best phone for me, because Samsung made it so easy to install firmware using Odin, and I easily can go back to official GB ki8 that made my S2 "the best phone in the world today"! I will probably continue buying Samsung-phones as long as they stay so easy to root and as long as Odin can be used! But I am not a blind fan that accept anything from Samsung, or any company, and S2 is a very expensive phone so users should not have to accept being used as beta-testers when Samsung release these not properly tested official updates, and updates should not need a complete factory reset, even though not even a complete wipe and factory reset can fix all the problems with this official "update" from Samsung!
I upgraded my samsung s2 to ics a week ago in Nigeria, everything worked well, battery life increase a bit. If you want to enjoy upgrading your phone with ics, make sure you perform factory reset immediately on phone before using it by pressing *2767*3855#. This gives you best result on your phone. SG S2 is the best phone ever.
hi guys.. need some help.. does SG2 can handle 32G of micro sd card.. gsmarena tells it can handle up to 32gb but in specs of samsung it can only hold 16gb micro sd card.. is somebody using a 32 gb sd card on his GS2? please help..i really love this phone..
1. 'Oh, there's galaxy s2'
2. 'Yes, gonna buy galaxy s2'
3. 'Oh wait, gonna read reviews first'
4. 'Great reviews, Nice handset, will buy it tomorrow'
5. 'Hmmm... Is it really a great phone? will ask my friends'
6. 'With much being said, it really IS a great phone'
7. 'Wohoooo... I just bought galaxy s2 and it's superb!'
8. 'No lags... Touchwiz is user-friendly..nice!'
9. 'Everything's perfect'
10. 'No problems so far... This is the perfect phone I ever had'
After a few months and Galaxy nexus with ICS and other's phone were released!
1. 'Yes, galaxy s2 will receive an ICS update'
2. 'Oh samsung, why let us wait this long?!'
3. 'Update will be available at the end of Q1'
4. It's march now and update is not yet here!'
5. it's mid march and ICS is not yet available'
6. 'ICS is available now for update! wohoooo'
7. 'my galaxy s2 is now on ICS! yes! finally'
8. 'Oh sh*t! y no real ICS rom?'
9. 'I'm going back to GB! F*ck!'
10. 'Samsung's messing us all!'
11. 'I'm not gonna buy a samsung phone ever!'
12. 'I hate this'
SEE? I just cannot understand why some of the people have to buy this and then in the long run, have to shout some negative comments regarding their experience or why 'no real ICS' and then eventually mess up everything they have had experience from the previous months because of some small problems! No phone is perfect at this moment! Any company cannot cater each person's preference and standard.. so each of us must make adjustments.. Let's be contented guys....! Because happiness is a long process if you really want your life to be happy... and not break the line just because of some small dot that cannot be erased!
I am a Galaxy s2 owner with full contentment... I bought this handset because of 2 things - to fill my dream of technology experience and as a birthday gift..... I'm a happy user for several months now!
unknown, 25 Mar 2012Can someone assist,dunno which one to buy,either samsung galaxy sii ir HTC evo 3d??? Reply is ... moreI have used almost all the phones like SGS, SGS-II, SG Note, SG Nexus, HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire S... the best phone amogst all this is SGS-II.
Now I am not saying SGS-II is perfect, because it is not. NO PHONE IS PERFECT, but this phone gave me the most bang out of a buck. I absolutely love everything about this phone. I wish the battery did last longer, but again I get almost a day's use with heavy usage so its ok for me :D
simple advise to Everyone...
ROOT your S2 n install custom roms. Resurrection_Remix_ICS_V1.0 is silky smooth.. u will love ur S2 more n more once rooted. F@#k the Samsung warranty n go ROOT ur phone. if u dont know how to root, go to this website galaxyS2root.com n follow the steps. Easy as ABC..
LOVE MY S2...
I have all these problems with ICS on S2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1560985
Hey guys, I live in Canada, and I bought the S2 about a month ago. I was wondering if the OFFICIAL update is available yet (not interested in ROM or whatever it's called), and if it is, then how can I upgrade it to ICS? A step by step easy to understand steps would be appreciated as I am new to Android phones. Thanks!
Can someone assist,dunno which one to buy,either samsung galaxy sii ir HTC evo 3d??? Reply is urgently needed..tnks