Cijo, 27 Dec 2011I never had any such issue. Yes, it could be a virus issue. There are many free anti virus app... moreHey dre, I'm a Filipino just like you. I just bought my SGSII at a Samsung Shop in Sm North Annex 4th flr cyberzone. The color is whiye though, and I find it rare fo a SGS2 here in the Philippines having white haha! Anyway, I had a pop up showing the my (I'm not sure what's the exact code again) SGSII that my tm/tw/tmw launcher folder blah blah blah is popping up in my phone a couple of times already (I'm not sure though but I think its 3-5 times already that is causing my phone to freeze and sometimes hungs up that why i need to turn off my phone to have it working again). What irritates me is that it's not even a month since I had this phone and I'm having problems like this already. I didn't even drop the phone or have any liquid exposure at it. Anyway, my friend downloaded some apps like fb, twitter etc, and passed some games like Cut the Rope (which during the game when I was playing suddenly hunged up/freezed and i cannot close it anymore but I was able to go to main menu and suddenly a pop up shows up saying that "Sorry" this application stopped working (not the exact note but that is what as far as i can recall) which suddenly shuts down the game, but I was able to access it again without turning the phone off. It's a big deal for me because I'm a very OC person and I'm not comfortable with my gagests especially on my new SGS2 since the word "new" shouldn't have any problems.
What do you think? Is it the unit itself or it got infected with a virus that is why i need to go to my service centre and have my phone checked up (if possible reformat then update to the latest firmware for SGS2). i should demand for it since its part of the 1 yr warranty right? Thanks a lot dre.
rehan1113, 27 Dec 2011pls help...after upgrade the firmware 2.3.6 i9100xxk14 and root the mobile,when mobile is powe... moreI suggest you re-update the firmware of your unit via Samsung KIES and see if a new firmware version is available.
Armin, 27 Dec 2011Hello! why no update available for me 2.3.6 via kies? im from philippines..thanks Try updating first your KIES version. If it still doesn't work, there might be a problem with your unit (I hope not). Smartphone units that don't upgrade even when the upgrade is available are usually those that are sold in the gray market. These units sometimes are just prototypes (for display/hands-ons purposes) of the original ones.
If it doesn't work for you, you may visit the nearest Samsung wireless center. Their technicians will do the upgrade of the unit for you, and that is FREE.:)
Today i received and update my s2 via kies from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 PDA:KI4 and no yellow tint on the left side of my display
Hi! I am from the Philippines, and I have just updated my GSII from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 (aka KL1) through Samsung KIES. I don't know what to feel about the upgrade but I have noticed some weird and good changes in my unit:
1. The desktop screen allows loop scrolling of the pages which was not possible in the previous firmware, but this improvement seemed to have yielded an unwanted and irritating problem - as you scroll the pages from left to right or vice versa, there is a noticeable stuttering (or some may call it lag) movement from the page which, by the way, was not evident in my old firmware, 2.3.3 that is. This problem, fortunately is not a problem in the menu screen, pages (I have 12 inside) flow from one to another in a buttery smooth manner.
2. In the SETTING menu, try going to the ABOUT PHONE and you'll notice interesting changes in the SOFTWARE UPDATE. You are given choices whether you want to auto update (using 3G connection, WIFI only, or receive software update info via message)
3. I also noticed the blue line that appears when you reach the bottom of a page. The line varies its thickness depending on how hard you drag the scroll bar. This also happens when you reach the top-most part of the page/menu. (Others think this is present because the firmware version is ALLEGEDLY in its BETA stage. (I hope so because this firmware is far from impressive)
4. Playing videos in portrait mode is already available. You can likewise choose to play the video in full portrait mode. I welcome this change with open arms! I also have to mention that the pages inside the gallery folder, regardless of their number, load noticeably faster.
5. There is also a fancy animation effect as you use the camera in taking pictures. The picture taken slides in the lower right hand portion of the screen as opposed to the previous firmware where the picture taken just piles up to the previously taken pictures. Samsung looks so serious in removing iPhone imprints in their UIs (at least in this aspect).
I have yet to fully discover all features of version 2.3.6 as well as the changes (both positive and negative) that it has brought to my unit. Please share your notes by posting in this thread other things that you have observed after upgrading the firmware to the said version. so we could help one another.
Overall, had it not been for the stuttering pages on the desktop menu, I would have probably rejoiced and bragged about the changes in my Galaxy S II, but as what I insinuated, Samsung still has a lot of polishing to do with this firmware version. I hope this happens really soon.:)
pls help...after upgrade the firmware 2.3.6 i9100xxk14 and root the mobile,when mobile is power on yellow triangle is appear,and lot of default apps are not there like maps, news and weather,games hub reading hub,wind mill live wallpaper...when i go to seting then go about phone there is no open software upgrade..so plz plz help and advice how to remove yellow triangle and again install default apps
SG finally gets an update! This is the very first time for SG users. 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 straight.
I love my S2 its great cell i ever used now with 2.3.6 update waited is available & updated it love the new notifications, & power saving modes also just 2hrs ago i updated it guys get the update for Indian models..............
ive notice since the new 2.3.6 update, my wifi signal became alot stronger, usually i only get the DOT in my wifi signal, now i got 1 bar stable, and also the camera became fast at loading shots and have animation and also the blue thingy when u scrolls through the menu when ever it reaches the end of an option, so far so good i may say :)
karl, 27 Dec 2011philippines now have the official 2.3.6 via keis, just updated mine last night, update yours i... moreHello! why no update available for me 2.3.6 via kies? im from philippines..thanks
Anonymous, 26 Dec 2011I want to download my pictures onto my computer. With the phone i did receive the device to pl... moreu have to download Samsung Kies latest version...its free on Google..download it nd install, then plug nd play...:)
Hope it helped u out...:)
Let me know.
S2 IS weigh better than mini but its cool to have a mini S2 but its specs are good enough i dont know if the price is worth it....im gonna wait for it too launch
To all SGS2 users who had reply with my post; Thanks a lot! Much appreciated. Looks like I have to got to my service centre for my phone to get a check up, at least I may still abuse and enjoy the 1 year of warranty that this phone has from a Samsung Shop. I can't afford to have this phone having that problem.
Hello to every one here.I am using the original battery 1650 mAH..Do you have any idea/recommend where can i get a bigger capacity battery for my samsung s2..if i were to on the 3g it hardly give me 8 hours including some calls and sms.thanks in advance
Typo Error* Exposure with WATER not Weather that is. Was kinda slepy here in the office while typing lol. XD
Maxwell Lord, 27 Dec 2011Samsung Galaxy S II users, I have a question to all of you. I've been seeing a couple of ti... moreI never had any such issue. Yes, it could be a virus issue. There are many free anti virus apps available. Try if you can scan else try a reset. ( My SGSII didnt freeze even a single time and it is a great relief for me as my previous N97 used to freeze at least once a week )
Maxwell Lord, 27 Dec 2011Samsung Galaxy S II users, I have a question to all of you. I've been seeing a couple of ti... morenothing like that happened to me...some apps do crash...but if it is happening for u...for multiple apps...i guess check with ur service center.. :)