Today i received and update my s2 via kies from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 PDA:KI4 and no yellow tint on the left side of my display
Hi! I am from the Philippines, and I have just updated my GSII from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 (aka KL1) through Samsung KIES. I don't know what to feel about the upgrade but I have noticed some weird and good changes in my unit:
1. The desktop screen allows loop scrolling of the pages which was not possible in the previous firmware, but this improvement seemed to have yielded an unwanted and irritating problem - as you scroll the pages from left to right or vice versa, there is a noticeable stuttering (or some may call it lag) movement from the page which, by the way, was not evident in my old firmware, 2.3.3 that is. This problem, fortunately is not a problem in the menu screen, pages (I have 12 inside) flow from one to another in a buttery smooth manner.
2. In the SETTING menu, try going to the ABOUT PHONE and you'll notice interesting changes in the SOFTWARE UPDATE. You are given choices whether you want to auto update (using 3G connection, WIFI only, or receive software update info via message)
3. I also noticed the blue line that appears when you reach the bottom of a page. The line varies its thickness depending on how hard you drag the scroll bar. This also happens when you reach the top-most part of the page/menu. (Others think this is present because the firmware version is ALLEGEDLY in its BETA stage. (I hope so because this firmware is far from impressive)
4. Playing videos in portrait mode is already available. You can likewise choose to play the video in full portrait mode. I welcome this change with open arms! I also have to mention that the pages inside the gallery folder, regardless of their number, load noticeably faster.
5. There is also a fancy animation effect as you use the camera in taking pictures. The picture taken slides in the lower right hand portion of the screen as opposed to the previous firmware where the picture taken just piles up to the previously taken pictures. Samsung looks so serious in removing iPhone imprints in their UIs (at least in this aspect).
I have yet to fully discover all features of version 2.3.6 as well as the changes (both positive and negative) that it has brought to my unit. Please share your notes by posting in this thread other things that you have observed after upgrading the firmware to the said version. so we could help one another.
Overall, had it not been for the stuttering pages on the desktop menu, I would have probably rejoiced and bragged about the changes in my Galaxy S II, but as what I insinuated, Samsung still has a lot of polishing to do with this firmware version. I hope this happens really soon.:)
pls help...after upgrade the firmware 2.3.6 i9100xxk14 and root the mobile,when mobile is power on yellow triangle is appear,and lot of default apps are not there like maps, news and weather,games hub reading hub,wind mill live wallpaper...when i go to seting then go about phone there is no open software upgrade..so plz plz help and advice how to remove yellow triangle and again install default apps
SG finally gets an update! This is the very first time for SG users. 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 straight.
I love my S2 its great cell i ever used now with 2.3.6 update waited is available & updated it love the new notifications, & power saving modes also just 2hrs ago i updated it guys get the update for Indian models..............
ive notice since the new 2.3.6 update, my wifi signal became alot stronger, usually i only get the DOT in my wifi signal, now i got 1 bar stable, and also the camera became fast at loading shots and have animation and also the blue thingy when u scrolls through the menu when ever it reaches the end of an option, so far so good i may say :)
karl, 27 Dec 2011philippines now have the official 2.3.6 via keis, just updated mine last night, update yours i... moreHello! why no update available for me 2.3.6 via kies? im from philippines..thanks
Anonymous, 26 Dec 2011I want to download my pictures onto my computer. With the phone i did receive the device to pl... moreu have to download Samsung Kies latest version...its free on Google..download it nd install, then plug nd play...:)
Hope it helped u out...:)
Let me know.
S2 IS weigh better than mini but its cool to have a mini S2 but its specs are good enough i dont know if the price is worth it....im gonna wait for it too launch
To all SGS2 users who had reply with my post; Thanks a lot! Much appreciated. Looks like I have to got to my service centre for my phone to get a check up, at least I may still abuse and enjoy the 1 year of warranty that this phone has from a Samsung Shop. I can't afford to have this phone having that problem.
Hello to every one here.I am using the original battery 1650 mAH..Do you have any idea/recommend where can i get a bigger capacity battery for my samsung s2..if i were to on the 3g it hardly give me 8 hours including some calls and sms.thanks in advance
Typo Error* Exposure with WATER not Weather that is. Was kinda slepy here in the office while typing lol. XD
Maxwell Lord, 27 Dec 2011Samsung Galaxy S II users, I have a question to all of you. I've been seeing a couple of ti... moreI never had any such issue. Yes, it could be a virus issue. There are many free anti virus apps available. Try if you can scan else try a reset. ( My SGSII didnt freeze even a single time and it is a great relief for me as my previous N97 used to freeze at least once a week )
Maxwell Lord, 27 Dec 2011Samsung Galaxy S II users, I have a question to all of you. I've been seeing a couple of ti... morenothing like that happened to me...some apps do crash...but if it is happening for u...for multiple apps...i guess check with ur service center.. :)
Samsung Galaxy S II users, I have a question to all of you.
I've been seeing a couple of times (I guess its 3 or 5 times already) on my sgs2 screen (tm or tw/tmw/tm launcher blah blah blah not responding). I've consulted one of my officemates and he said it has something to do with a virus? or an app that was passed via bluetooth and downloaded via android market that is causing that notification to show up. I've had a notification while playing the game Cut The Rope that my friend passed to my sgs2 through bluetooth but I believe its not his phone who has the problem or virus that was passed through me. Anyway while playing the screen freezes up (it hunged up) and i cannot go anywhere even in the main menu (the tw error blah blah blah has the same problem as well) and a nofication shows up saying Sorry! the program is not responding blah blah blah,
Bottom line is, is there something wrong with my phone? Because I haven't yet dropped it or have any exposure with weather and this phone yet hasn't yet been updated because its still a brandnew phone (I bought it last week on a samsung store) Please do help me with this paranoia of mine. XD Much appreciated thank you!
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2011forgot to add...but its only from Iphone to Iphone...but that can be broken...Whats the point of having bluetooth v.4.0 if u cant send and receive files like native phones???
I'm from the Philippines and I have been updating my phone (KL1 aka 2.3.6)for almost two hours now. I am already on the last phase of the update but for an unknown reason, the update got stuck at 32%. It has been like that for almost an hour now. I think there is something wrong, but I don't want to remove the cable for fear that it might brick my phone. Any help would be appreciated.