I have been using galaxy S2 since quite a few months now...it's a very nice phone...the only problem i face is short battery life...it is horribly poor...hardly lasts for a day..
Anonymous, 10 Nov 2011Too bad, it haven't auto-focus, I think.Too good I think!
You just need to go to the camera settings and click "Focus mode" then select "Auto focus".
i think this is the best smartphone available now.no other phone can stand .i am very satisfied with its performance.it never had got stuck.i even put it down several time...but not a srach.this also best for gaming too. i have heard rumours about galaxy s3 and i am looking forward to buy that when it release.it has an affordable price too comparing with its performance
I've been using SGS2 for last three weeks. I'm facing some problems with it. Any SGS2 users help me out here?
1. I couldn't add more than 10 contacts while sending an sms I wanted to send to many. I don't wanna create any groups for that. Because sometimes I select a contact & sometimes I don't. I can do it without any problem in my N8.
2. I coulsn't change my profile other than "silent" or "Ringer". There are options like Meeting, Outdoors etc in my N8. Can I have anything like those in SGS?
3. The battery of SGS2 is very poor & lasts barely a day. I put my screen light to minimum & switch off my WiFi, BT etc when I don't use them. I just put on a live wallpaper on the back. Will it cause this much battery power? Then why did they put it in the first place?
4. I wanted to send an image to my PC from SGS2 via BT. I selected "Send via BT", yet it asked me when trying to switching on the BT (I never thought send via BT can be done without switching on the BT). After sending the file, the phone kept the BT switched on for me to manually turn it off. When I asked my N8 to do the same, it switched on the BT itself (without asking me), after sending the file, it switches off the BT itself. Now, think about it, I asked you to bring a box from my car, parked outside. I gave you the keys to get it. I don't think you'll ask me again for my permission to unlock the car (I gave you the keys for that) & will definitely not leave the car unlocked. SGS2 did the dumb thing, don't you think?
5. When in homescreen, if I go left to right, (page 1 to page 7) I need to go all the way left again to go to page 1. There should have some way to just slide right to go to page 1 from page 7.
6. The GMaps shows me a couple of blocks away in the maps while my N8 shows me almost on the point I am. I think the GPS in SGS2 is weaker than N8.
7. The battery gets very hot while charging. I faced this problem from day 1.
Now some good things in SGS2. I simply LOVE the polaris office. It lets me do almost everything that I can do in Microsoft Office in my laptop. The bigger screen is a benefit to that. I LOVE the video quality of SGS2 (except for the fact that the camera contiuously keep on focusing & make the picture blur in the process). The still camera is no match for my N8. N8 beats it hands down, but got beaten hands down in the video. Sound quality in N8 is better, but browsing the net is far better in SGS2. Mailing is the same in both. Social in N8 is better than the Social Hub in SGS2. But if you install the Facebook app, it matches the N8's Social. Gaming experience is good in both. I play Ashphalt 6 HD in SGS2 & Galaxy on Fire in N8. Both are great. I can connect my N8 with HDMI to my 44" LED & also connect my USB keyboard through USBOTG & a bluetooth mouse & make it a 44" screen PC. Though I can't do that in SGS2, it serves me well with faster speed & better response. But the UI of N8 I'll say better than SGS2 (but that's just my opinion).
Anyway, after reading my lines, don't forget to answer my problems I faced. Please help me like this phone more (but I can assure you, I'll never stop loving my N8). I'm neither a Nokia fanboy, nor fandroid, not even iFan. All I like is latest techs & gadgets that fulfill my criteria.
Take care. Ciao.
That's it, i give up!
I will uninstall Opera mobile browser.
I hate it!
I cannot log in to my Grooveshark account using Opera mobile, it's not multitasking because it doesn't play music streaming in the background. Pauses the song when opening the drop down notification.
Goodbye Opera mobile!
I will stick to Maxthon, the best multitasking browser! It lets me log in to my Grooveshark account and play music streaming in the background. I can listen to Grooveshark music streaming while reading comments/posts in this page.
I have owned SGS and owning SGS2 atm and i was/am pretty happy with them both. But now i have come up with one big disadvantage.
Im working in rural australia and the coverage over here even with the best coverage providing company(Telstra) is pretty bad. But the sad thing about it, is that some cheap 50$ phones have better coverage than my 700$ SGS2. And it gets worse...half of the cheap phones also have really easy antenna plug-in possibility which SGS2 doesnt have. I mean, it does, but its behind the cover...what good does that do to ya!?! :/
It's really painful for me as a Galaxy fan to say this, but at this point iCrap seems to get the lead in my eyes with their easy to dock car cradles which have the antenna connection as-well.
Aaa yeah, one more thing. Samsung should really do something with the volume output. Both speakers on the phone are just not loud enough at all...SGS and SGS2 both have that problem.
I mainly use skype and i'm planning to buy this phone and use it in India. Can anyone tell me if skype application downloading is free on this phone?
states it might be chargeable. Please suggest.
Long Live Samsung!! bye bye fruity lovers.
PS: Check the NOTE...... Awesome and Brilliant!!
ithehappy, 09 Nov 2011Well dude there was no intention to go against you or not support you! That process you said w... moreand trust me anybody who have read my post will remember it when theyll have empty battery or low battery indication and they are not near the mains and they wud not want to plug the charger even if they have mains as theyll have to leave somewhere or use phone without charger without engaging the phone and u may also realise this personaly if u use sgs2 a lot.
ithehappy, 09 Nov 2011Well dude there was no intention to go against you or not support you! That process you said w... moreman i also did not take it otherwise why i said no need to call jesus is to show how easy it is as u dont need to attach any wires ,no need to solder any thing to phone or battery just take the battery as it is just match the +ve and -ve side and press the battery to phones metel latches and fortunatly the + & - side of battery matches with the phones + &-ve metal latches and its a battrey which is user removeable a nytime and easy process and dosent harm the phone not like the screen of the phone which is nonremovable by user anytime for that u will have to open the phone and is little complicated and i did not take it against me or not saying that u dont support me.once again i am not forcing anybody to use the process it is personal choice i have shared it cause i am using it from more than a month without any problems thought it wud help other sgs2 users
[deleted post]Well dude there was no intention to go against you or not support you! That process you said was impossible for me, that's why I said Jesus, don't know how you took it otherwise!
What you'll say if someone says you, replace the S-AMOLED + with a S-LCD screen to save battery, what will be your first reaction? I bet it will be Oh God or Jeez, something like it, ain't it???
itumi, 09 Nov 2011OMG! I will never ever do that to my beautiful SGS2.not sure what is   is did not write it in the reply but it occured somehow just ignore it
itumi, 09 Nov 2011OMG! I will never ever do that to my beautiful SGS2.this process doesn't take any beauty of sgs2 thats the plus point and i also love my sgs2 a lot however i am not forcinganybody to use it,it is for people who use sgs2 a lot and i mean heavyuser and want to keepit affordable but these people sud have little techknowledge to use it however it works for me to use sgs2 for longer time unplugged for almost 12hours and if that drainsi have fully charged stock battery ready which again gives almost 15 hours again unplugged and i am using it sucessfully from more than 1 month and i am not unhappy or offended if u r not using it.just rememberno pain no gain.
itumi, 09 Nov 2011OMG! I will never ever do that to my beautiful SGS2.process
itumi, 09 Nov 2011OMG! I will never ever do that to my beautiful SGS2.this
Parag bagade, 09 Nov 2011For all sgs2 users facing batterry issues herss the solution use nokia rs 290 approx battery m... moreJesus Christ. Well I can't do that, who could???
Besides I don't have any Battery problem, actually there isn't a problem with battery, the bug which drains battery is related to GB and some processes, which would exist on all battery.
ICS should solve the issue I guess...