Listen...Problem with S2 here and there...it's sometimes how u handle it...giving it much more pressure than it should actually receive. Guys relax with em phones. I got my N8 and we both koolio with each other, i ain't gonna persuade some1 into buying it. It's okay for me. It might or might not be for U.
AnonD-18025, 22 Oct 2011How dare you compare a unit you have been using for only five days with the one you have been ... moreYou dont need to become harsh to other sgs2 user based on their usage and observation for their sgs2.. Respect others opinion of their sgs2 ,and accept the downside of these samsung galaxy s2...i think your paid poster of samsung..and according to my tracker your i.p/proxy is similar to nokia forums that says harmful and trash thing about n0kia...so be fair.....android will eaten alive by symbian belle..android is only just a copy cat os..samsung dont have originality..
Anonymous, 22 Oct 2011hey guys can i ask something guys.. does your sgs2 heats when it charge and used for almost a... moreYes, if you play games or browse on the Internet at the same time as you charge the S2 battery it will become warm, but every phone become warm if you use it at the same time as you charge the battery!
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... moreHow dare you compare a unit you have been using for only five days with the one you have been using for a longer time.
You have to use this phone a minimum of one month with thorough familiarization with its settings before you have to comment.
And some of your post were not true:
Number 7 "I can connect N8 in my PC & sync with outlook, S2 can only sync with gmail & yahoo & facebook contacts. N8 can also sync with facebook contacts".
Number 8 "I can create my schedule in my outlook & sync with that in N8, but to do the same I need to do it in gmail calender".
Answer: For your information all my outlook messages including contacts and calendars were synchronized with my SGS2 online without using any USB cable. As well as my Facebook, Yahoo and Gmail contacts and events.
Number 11 "The ringer is much louder in N8 than S2. I never missed a call in N8 when I'm out in the road, but S2 made me miss quite a few".
Answer: My SGS2 rings loud enough even outdoor I never miss a call and when indoor the sound is not irritating.
Number 13 "That reminds me, I wanted to put my own songs as ringtone in S2. For that I had to wait three days until I got a third party software which let me select something other than the built-in ringtones. Whereas N8 can do it out of the box".
Answer: That is not absolutely true! I just downloaded and install a couple of apps in a matter of minute afterwards I can already customize my ringtone to my preferred songs or tones other than the defaults.
Number 18 "The size of N8 is perfect for using anytime. S2 feels bigger in hand (even after five days of use, I don't like the size of it). S2 is good to look at the screen, but N8 is good to hold and use".
Answer: Because you have been holding N8 for a longer time, your hands get used to its feel thats why it felt different when you hold SGS2. But for me, SGS2 feels good to hold due to its slim body.
Number 21 "The microSD card of N8 in hot-swappable, but S2's microSD card is under the battery (I wonder, why?)".
Answer: I agree with you on this. You were asking why? It is to protect accidental removing of microSD card without ejecting while the phone is powered on, this is for the reason that the microSD card might be corrupted when removed while the phone is powered on without ejecting. That's why they put it under the battery to make sure the phone is off while removing the microSD card. Anyway you will not remove your microSD card every day, every hour or every minute. What's the use?
There are many features you need to know with SGS2 before going to conclude on commenting.
You need to explore every corner, every setting details and every possible enhancement of SGS2 to see the true beauty of this phone compared to others.
SGS2 the best phone of the year!
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... moreI just got S2 y'day, my bro have N8, just one thing i want to say is Android/IOS/Win > Symbian, and thats everyone knows.
I wish people would cared for more technology rather than being a "Brand" Fan. seriously if Iphone ever come out without those restriction they have, and with 3.5mm jack and removable battery and 1000 other things, i will definitely buy it, if nokia will ever come with android with better specs and better display ill buy it...
c'on don't be pathetic fan they don't pay you lol care for more technology and freedom that you can have....
oh dude no offence this is not just for you its for everyone :)
you what free games go to market download four shared but in text theire hd.apk and there is all gameloft games for free
this phone is tihs read it back wards
how is this phone?should is bay it?is there any prblm with this thing??
I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it in mind, it is also a comparison with Android 2.3.3 with Symbian Anna (PR2.0). So here is my comparison with the two gadgets:
01. As S2 has more power under the hood, it is more powerful than N8. N8 feels slower compared to S2
02. The touch response in N8 needs more pressure on the screen where S2 works on light touch.
03. The camera in N8 is definitely better than S2 in the still picture form. But S2 is not bad either, but not upto the mark with N8 (N8 grabs clearer pictures in low light, with less noise)
04. In terms of video, S2 beats N8 with full HD video - crisp & clear. Mind it, when you record HD (720p) in both the phones, they are the same. (I hope N8 gets full HD with Belle.)
05. The S2 is more of an eye candy. N8 is not an eye candy, but get the works done.
06. When I want to connect a bluetooth device, N8 can done it with only two clicks while S2 needs at least five to do the same.
07. I can connect N8 in my PC & sync with outlook, S2 can only sync with gmail & yahoo & facebook contacts. N8 can also sync with facebook contacts.
08. I can create my schedule in my outlook & sync with that in N8, but to do the same I need to do it in gmail calender.
09. S2's office (polaris) is far more better than N8's (quick office) & can do almost everything I can do in my PC.
10. In terms of android market, most of them are free & free with ads. You'll barely find a program with ads. N8's ovi store supports a lot more programs free without ads. I remember someone told me here "when you buy android, you buy a bilboard." Believe me, it's absolutely true.
11. The ringer is much louder in N8 than S2. I never missed a call in N8 when I'm out in the road, but S2 made me miss quite a few.
12. Same goes for the vibration. S2's vibration is very low compared to N8.
13. That reminds me, I wanted to put my own songs as ringtone in S2. For that I had to wait three days until I got a third party software which let me select something other than the built-in ringtones. Whereas N8 can do it out of the box.
14. The built-in memory in both of the phones are 16GB, but I got 13.5GB in N8 & 11.2GB in S2.
15. I can install any programs in SDcard in N8, but can't do all in S2.
16. I simply love to browse in S2. I downloaded mozilla firefox & it grabbed an awesome 313 (+11 bonus) points in html5test.com whereas N8 couldn't reach 100 even after Anna update.
17. I love the widgets in the market of android. It helped a lot to use my S2 (remember external ringtones?). N8 didn't have a lot of widgets available to use. They don't have shortcut widgets to quickly turn on/off wi-fi, bluetooth, gps etc.
18. The size of N8 is perfect for using anytime. S2 feels bigger in hand (even after five days of use, I don't like the size of it). S2 is good to look at the screen, but N8 is good to hold and use.
19. Both the phones come with HDMI, but N8 has HDMI cable included whereas you have to buy an extra device for S2 to enjoy HDMI directly from your phone.
20. N8's 3.5mm port also works as video port (connect the cable you got with N85), but S2 can only do it with HDMI.
21. The microSD card of N8 in hot-swappable, but S2's microSD card is under the battery (I wonder, why?).
22. Both the phones can get their SIM changed by qwitching into offline, changing the SIM card & qwitching to online again.
23. In-call sound is slightly better in N8 than S2.
24. S2's calender can put to give you multiple alarms for a single entry, but N8's single entry can only give a single alarm.
25. Both the phones have smart dial. Suppose, there is a conact named "Albert Einstein" in my phonebook with the phone number "12345678". If I type "albe" (or 2523), both the phones will find the contact. If I type "1234", S2 will find the contact, but N8 won't. If I type "Eins" (or 3467), S2 will not find the contact, but N8 will.
In the end, I can say that, both the phones have their pros & cons. But in my opinion, I love my N8 as a phone whereas I love my S2 as a mini PC. If you have anymore queries (regarding N8 & S2) you can directly mail me in firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll not tell you to buy anything particular, but I'll be able to help you to understand what do you need. The rest depends on you - what you're gonna buy.
Suhanoo (formerly known as N8 Lover S)
hey guys can i ask something guys..
does your sgs2 heats when it charge and used for almost an hour of gaming?
aji zusaki, 22 Oct 2011Yeah i play hd games like 7days salvation and resident evil mod 3D in my C5-00 while surfing t... moreDoes your cousin use the latest 2.3.5 firmware?
"HD-games" on Nokia 360x640 screen can not be compared with HD-games on S2 Super Amoled Plus screen, even the "same" games look very different because S2 have a better cpu and gpu! (You can play new pc-games on most old computers, but they look very different because the old computer can not handle all that a new computer can, and comparing games on c5 to S2 is like comparing playing the same game on an old and a new computer!)
The Nokia-webbrowser can not even handle full Flash 11, and Flash 11 ads on every webpage "drains" battery, but if you root S2 and install AdFree Android then all these batterydraining Flash-ads are removed from every webpage, or you can simply choose to only activate Flash 11 onDemand if you do not want to root!
I do not have c5, but my N97 mini have a lot worse batterylife than my S2, and the c7 that I tried also have a lor shorter batterylife than S2!
I have preorder the official Samsung Galaxy S2 2000 mAh battery and that will make S2 batterylife even better!
Jo, 22 Oct 2011Why am I not interesting in this phone? The shape or the form factor most likely is the reason...What is wrong with the shape?
It is nice to hold unlike other phones which are bulky and heavy.
Try to hold it first before criticizing.
And don't judge the book by its cover.
aji zusaki, 22 Oct 2011sgs2 battery is not match against my nokia c5-00..lolExcuse me, does your nokia c5-00 have super AMOLED plus capacitive touch screen, Wi-Fi, 1080@30fps video, dual-core 1.2GHz processor, support web flash player and live wallpaper?
Try to have them on your nokia c5-00 and let's see how its battery will match with SGS2 battery.
Yeah i play hd games like 7days salvation and resident evil mod 3D in my C5-00 while surfing the net. My cousin got her sgs2 in korea,and i compare the battery usage,sgs2 is not that great
AnonD-27202, 22 Oct 2011Hey is there any posibility that sgs2 get firmware update to android 4.0 codename ice cream sa... moreIce Cream Sandwich have just recently been announced and no new phone with ICS have been released yet, so you will have to wait atleast until early december before ICS is available for S2!
aji zusaki, 22 Oct 2011sgs2 battery is not match against my nokia c5-00..lolDo you stream Flash 11 HD-movies, 1080p, on your c5, do you browse the web or play HD-games for many hours each day?
elaine, 22 Oct 2011Im very disapointed in this handset, buy what your heart whants, dont listen to other people t... moreAnd why should we listen to you not to buy these handset?
If you don't want others to listen to what others are praising about this phone, then what is the point in listening to you?
Do you have any proven evidence?
Maybe you do not know how to use this phone that's why you are disappointed.
Or perhaps you're jealous of SGS2 the best phone of the year!