I have this device since 1 week now. I think it will take some more time for me to explore its full capabilities. My take on few of features -
1 screen- excellent, but bit too big for my liking. half to 1 inch smaller would have been perfect.
2. build - Ok..back cover till its put in makes u wonder whether u made a mistake buying this and whether it would last.Back of the device is made rough with some pattern on the plastic. but I think still it would slip from the hand one day. Both my blackberry bold 9700 and htc desire S are much more solid in comparison.
3. Battery - typical smartphone - for me lasts 2 days as I receive occasional calls -about 30 min / day on average. I also keep background data off and use wifi for most of my net needs- much more power efficient than 3G. You may say -whats the point of buying such a device if u dont use its capabilities to its limit? let me see whether i can do better later
4. OS -good, fast, smooth scrolling. No lags usually.
5. call clarity -good. My blackberry was better i felt.
Overall I am happy. But Build quality could have been much better could have been bit smaller.
One more thing -Please download "Tasker" from market (paid app) and learn to use it. - Its one reason I'm loving an android phone. Amazing app !!!
I use my mobile mainly for reading ebooks , browsing, and to watch movies. I need adobe flash player in the new mobile i would prefer to buy. I dont like lags in software. Then should i buy samsung i9000 or galaxy s2. I dont play games.
Does i9000 upgraded to 2.3 have much lags and crashing. Then will a free adobe flash player be installed on it 4m android market ?
Does galaxy s2 also have lags ?
There is much price difference betwn the two.
Which would be appropriate to my needs?
Users plz help me to decide...
Bryan, 14 Sep 2011Its been 3 months since i got this monster, and im loving each moment of it, Got one question ... moreno heat at all, only when you charge the device with power on, but if you charge it with battery off, you will find no heat.
I want to ask how can i active 5.1 sound effect as when i select this option it shows not work when sound effect is active but i cant find any option to off the sound effect, pls help if anybody knows this Thanks in advance.
how much the internal memory to which we can install applications?
Is video call via Gtalk possible in this phone ??
and wat abt the heating problem?
thanx in advance
It is an awesome phone with all the latest features and applications and that too available at an affordable price range.
Latest Mobile Phones
Bryan, 14 Sep 2011Its been 3 months since i got this monster, and im loving each moment of it, Got one question ... moreHey Bryan.
yes this phone does gets heated up with use.
even if you charge it gets heated up.
even i was a bit worried abt this but its normal.
its a monster in a small package.
the power it offers, is awesome.
Can we edit word excel files in the phone. What do Samsung mean my Editor for word excel and powerpoint. Can any one help me.
Just want to share
*** how to set your desired notification/ringtones ***
- you may install from "market" any ringtones or sms application.
- Or, from your file explorer, copy your desired tones to MEDIA/AUDIO/notifications for sms notification and MEDIA/AUDIO/Ringtones for ringtones. Then go to your settings to set sms/ringtones.
Anonymous, 15 Sep 2011galaxy s2 or optimus 2x or optimus 3D? pls nid some piece of advice Go for SGS2 no comparison
AnonD-252, 14 Sep 2011My S2 used to get really hot when it still was on 2.3.3, but only the Miren browser could heat... moreThanks a lot,
Waiting for 2.3.4, its not yet officially released for SG2 in india...
could anyone tell me how to run forex trader pro on this phone? if this device is suitable to run forex trader pro ?
galaxy s2 or optimus 2x or optimus 3D? pls nid some piece of advice
Anonymous, 14 Sep 2011Hi...Samsung GS2 users...i would like to enquire whats the Best Brand to buy for MicroSD 16Gb ... morem using sandisk 16 gig on ma galaxy s2 n its working very fine......... no hang, no card corrupt problem nothing.........
Hi GS2 users NEED HELP i have downloaded the apk file of asphalt 6 ony GS2 ,when i try to open the game it says game requires additional 300 or some mb to run and it say that data should be downloaded through wi fy and do not give any option to download from 3g connection i donot have wi fy i have 3g active.on the phone can anybody tell me how to download the remaining data using 3g same thing happens for other premium games like shrink kart assassins creed GT racing,please help!!
Anonymous, 14 Sep 2011Hi...Samsung GS2 users...i would like to enquire whats the Best Brand to buy for MicroSD 16Gb ... moreI prefer Sandisk or Kingston, I guess all brand are almost the same, just do a regular backup to PC if possible. Now most of it manufacture in China.