Great. Loving my SGSll. You must buy this phone. Even if its just for swype. Even the speakers rival my older nokia 5800. Everything is a premium experience. It's fast it has everything. No thing beats this mobile. You must buy it or better wait for the 720 P 1280x720 next generation super amoled plus. This screen is amazing enough. You will not be diss pointed with this phone at all. Mmmm 1.2GHz dual core arm cortex A9. Loads of ram free over 580+ free ram some days. Handles 1080P flash sites load in a breeze. No slos down no matter how much you try to make it sweat. Trust me after using swype you get hooked. Music is great through headphones so is fm radio, better than 5800. only gripe is I can't add more than 11 fm presets... Plus need the ability to add wallpaper to pictureframe widget... Everything else just works nice well and fast. Camera plus hd videos amazing. Buy buy buy!!!
the battery life on this phone is so bad that even when playing a hd game with the phone plugged in the battery still dies and does not charge.can anyone explain why this happens?
People who are complaining about battery life have two problems
1. They don't know how to use Galaxy S2
2. They are expecting too much from their phones
Ways to increase battery life
a. Switch off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS
b. Bring the brightness to lowest. Switch off auto brightness control
c. Dont install any stupid app which says that it will increase battery life
d. Keep a shortcut for task manager in the home screen.. Kill all the apps before locking the screen
e. Go to actively running services and kill all the unnecessary services..
With all this, i get 1.5 to 2 days of battery life with descent time spent in WiFi browsing and playing games.. I watched a full movie (2 hours) with headphones on and the battery drained by only 25%..
Expecting anything more than that from a device of this size id plain stupidity..
sunsam, 29 Aug 2011Useless battery life. Charge everyday...Don't mislead people with your wrong and non sense informations. Want good battery life? Borrow my Nokia 1200 for some day.
Vivek, 12 Aug 2011Hi Guys,
After going through reviews of 48 pages in GSMarena, for almost 2 days, I am feeli... moreHi Vivek,
Hows the phone working dude,. lemme know your feedback as i also planning to buy this one.... also the sound output when connected to Headphones Samsung default and high end ones as well..
pl answer my questions as detailed in my previous post. I am not able to get a demo anywhere so only the actual users owning this phone can answer my questions.
May i know which phone will be worth buying? Galaxy SII or Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc? budget constraint.
jayant, 29 Aug 2011Dear S2 users,
1. can anyone tell me if in S2, under music folder do you get a album art v... moreThe i-phone 4 is highly crippled thats why its fluent,s,jobs bans anything that slows fone down,,plus whats this i-tunes connection does it apply mp3 /vids etc in specific places so fone finds it easy to find making the ifone appear fast.
If you watch i fone it hides behind an animation going from screen to screen to hide the lag,,actually it does not play mp3 or do bluetooth and wheres the file manager .The ifone was the worst fone i owned but every other fone on the planet lets you do what YOU want.
Us geeks dislike the ifone to the maximum because its highley restricted and for simpletons.Anyhow we pay for the fone we are entitled to do what WE want ..
Dear S2 users,
1. can anyone tell me if in S2, under music folder do you get a album art view. I mean all the music files are shown as in cd form , in fact the cds pop from right to left and then there is a round scroller (like in IPOD) which you can use to choose the files. I am not able to write exactly but its there on GSM Arena site under Samsung i9003 galaxy SL ,below th phone image there is the review: THROUGH DIFFERENT EYES- by gsm arena in that VISIT PAGE 6 : THATS RELATED TO image gallery video and music player, go through the music player section you will see the picture of music album in cd view.
I am really keen on knowing if this feature is there in galaxy s2, as a user had quoted that this feature is missing on galaxy s2. Please can anyone let me know on ASAP,
2.Also are you guys able to save the applications on sd card, ie on the stroage which is beyond the 16gb inbuilt storage.Is it true that applications stored on sd card takes a while to load on the phone and attimes not accessible? any problems when you actually make use of the applications?
3. I have also heard some problem aabout listing of missed calls or dialer problem like it will not dial a number unless full and correct name is spelt.
guys it would be great if someone who has used this phone can answer all these and also pass on the mail id as i have few more questions before i buy this phone.
4.Also whats the alternate to hdmi port, if its missing you can use dlna but not all tvs are dlna compatible!
5. If you play game for 2hours how much battery drains approx in terms of percentage.
There is a strong lobby in my house who all want me to buy iphone 4, but i love this galaxy s2 and just cant wait to get it. I dont want to hear them say every second day :"this is y v wanted you to buy iphone 4, now suffer "
jayant, 29 Aug 2011Dear S2 users, 1. can anyone tell me if in S2, under music folder do you get a album art vi... moreDont ever compare the iphone4 with the gs2 ... the galaxy s 1 has already superpassed the iphone4 ... !! .... All i have listed is rumors ... the phone is absoultly fine and great .. about the hdmi cable its on ebay for 20 us dollars its MHL Cable... iphone4 is rubbish in compare with sgs2 ... u should compare with a laptop for god's sake ! by the way the sgs2 has already beaten the iPad2 !!!! Looooollll
Is too expensive and too large in my pocket! I dont wanna carry phone in my hand allthe time..
now samsung is gonna unleash 1.5 GHz dual core and 1850 mAh battery backed up galaxy s2. how long they'll keep releasing products of this successors?