Ok talking about this phone, well, there are a few things that some people are not satisfied.
1) All plastic body, ok of course it is made all plastic body, but its quality is superb, and it is also a way for samsung to make it as slim as possible.
2) Screen is too big, hmmm, as for this one, i agree, on my opinion a 4.3 inch is quite too big, 4 inch should be good enough for daily uses, 4.3? nah, not convenient for travelling, but still, its not a big deal, 4.3 could also work very GOOD!
Well, i guess thats what i could say about this phone, but for internet speed and performance, u should not hesitate to get this phone, oh and some of the people ask me, how is the internet browsing with the flash support? Well i gotta say its superb! and for all you people who usually download or watch korean drama online wich needs the flash support, u should get this phone, im quite of a koreanholic, and watching drama on this phone is a no big deal..
I've had the SG2 for a couple of days (coming from an iPhone 4) and I really can't agree with any of the comments regarding battery life, over heating, yellow spots...etc. I have not had any of those issues.
The phone will heat up at times but no more than what I've experienced with the iPhone 4 and definitely nothing that causes me any concern.
Battery life seems about the same as I've experienced with iPhone 4 as well as charging time.
For battery life issues:
- remember to check your settings (push, auto sync, leaving GPS wifi etc. connected will reduce battery life.
- use only widgets you really need or want as these will also affect battery life.
- When charging the SG2, keep in mind, even though the battery indicator may have stopped flashing (during charging) the battery is not fully charged until you get a notification telling you battery is fully charged and instructing you to disconnect the SG2. Disconnecting before this notification may result in a battery that is only about 90% charged.
Friends, I need one help. I linked my gmail id with the android OS to operate the android market and other stuff on this mobile. I have downloaded several apps on the mobile. But, now I want to sell my mobile and buy a new one. My question is before selling the mobile, how can I remove my gmail id from the mobile as its not allowing me to remove my id. Please let me know. i dont want anyone to misuse my id whoever buys my cell. Thanks
cloud, 23 Jun 2011so does iphone 4 has much better battery life than sgsII? I have been using iPhone 4 and recently purchased SG2. IMHO I don't see a big difference in battery life so far. Based on my usage I would get about a day out of my iPhone 4 and I'm getting about a day out of the SG2, so I would say about the same if not a bit better. The thing people should keep in mind is:
1) any new phone requires a few charging cycles before the battery give optimum performance.
2) with any phone, especially smart phones with lots of features, the first few days or weeks will not give an accurate picture of battery life as users usually use the phone much more while setting things up and checking out all the features. Only when a person settles into their "normal" daily usage will they get an accurate idea of battery life. This, of course, will vary from user to user.
this handset is avaliable on a $59 cap from crazy johns! im going to get one!
Smat, 24 Jun 2011Most definitely a defect, get a replacement under ur warranty.I thought that as well. Thanks for your reply m8.
SGS 2 is better than N9,
no microsd slot
simple amoled screen 3"9
No adobe flash support
Very limited application
only single core..
guys don't see the design, go the best spec and features than design...
SGS2 is the best.. i will buy SGS2 soon.. Never changes my mind to buy a N9...
vt r dese android softwares?? ver can find info abt dem.. plz get me a website :)
gprs n edge class 12..?? vt does it actually mean?? vt r dose classes fa?? z dat d bst clas? ver can i get a view of it?
Hello guys! I'm planning to buy this phone because of its excellent features. But it seems that the battery (according to some of you) doesn't last long. I usually use PDF, net and sms at the same time. So I wanna know the real deal with SG II. Thanks!
Can any tell me how's the S2 , I had used the S before the first model really suck ,hang , slow in start up , get hot when hang, I always has to restart the phone ...I sold it away for just less than 3 months mine is the 8 GB model . Now I'm using HTC Desire HD . Great phone cos I'm looking for more powerful Dual core phone . Anyone using S2 pls give me ur feedback . Thanks
Best phone ever made thats a mini laptop not a phone only drawback is the battery
Damn the daily percentage dropped from 94% to 55% in just day. I suppose everybody or virtually every country has got one now. I got mine yesterday finally. I traded in my iphone 4 for it and paid £155 on top. I am so happy that I got rid of ip4 which I acquired in December. The huge screen is lovely. I know iphone 5 is out in September but I feel iphone is just a restricted OS phone and very overated. Also no Adobe flash. I am glad I got rid of this trophy girlfriend phone.
About the battery life, yes it is worse than the iPhone however, if you use it for a while the battery will be batter (Last longer). Just give it a few charges and it will be fine.
About the heat, most of the heat does not come from CPU usage. However, if you use GPS or the navigation app, it will get heated just by a little bit. Most of the heat comes from the external SD card. Use quality Micro SD card only.
I was an iPhone user for 3 years. And I have no regret on switching to this phone. This phone gives you everything the iPhone has, and does it better. Battery life is not an issue if you use the phone regularly and give it a few charges after the first use.
This phone pretty much blows every Android phone out of the water. Just switched from my iphone4 and I miss how compact my iphone was in comparison. But the screen on the GSII beats my iphone4 out of the water. Colors are insaely better. The battery life is actually comparable to my iphone as well, although not as great. But for an Android phone, it blows all other phones battery out of the water as well. Sold my G2X because the battery would last hardly half a day..LOL.