hey guyes,i am living in saudi arabia,so i heard that the android market dose not work here!
Is that true?
I am gonna buy this amazing phone!
Plz reply guyes,
Now.... @ Jay and others (Who can’t decide between SGS II and LG Optimus 2X----- Please note: Iam not posting to hurt anyone’s feelings or sentiments, just a simple comparison)... I would like to list some of the comparisons which i (personally) found out between Samsung SGS II and LG Optimus 2X.... I would like to add that I am sharing my own hands on experience as I bought SGS II and the same time my friend bought LG optimus 2X... so I have had experience of comparing both the phones...(live sets):
1. First of all, SGS II has a 4.3 inches attractive Super AMOLED screen .. .whereas LG Optimus 2X (LO 2X) has 4.0 inches LCD screen... (Note that AMOLED is an advanced version of screen).
2. SGS II-Looks are very sleek and the back cover is also very attractive. Slim design is just one and only of its types in the mobile market till date.
3. SGS II has light weight: 116 gms compared to 139 gms of LO 2X... Just a plus point ... I swear its damn light !!!! :)
4. Accessibility Speed with SGS II is simply mind-blowing & touch is just like flowing water.
5. SGS II has an inbuilt memory of 16 GB compared to 8 GB inbuilt memory of LO 2X... no doubt it can be extended to 32 GB in both cases.. but inbuilt memory also matters...
6. 1 GB RAM of SGS II compared to 512 MB RAM of LO 2X, does matter.
7. Bluetooth is advanced compared to LO 2X... V 3.0 to V 2.1... This affects the Bluetooth transfer speed.
8. Front (Secondary) camera in SGS II is 2.0 MP whereas LO 2X has 1.3 MP .... but that hardly matters !!
9. Android V 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is the latest version , in SGS II .... compared to V 2.2 (Froyo) in LO 2X, but definitely it can be updated to 2.3 in LO 2X.
10. LO 2X ... did have battery longevity problems, lasting for 8- 10 hours... but battery booster download from Android market did help to some extent (now its lasts for 1 day) ... whereas SGS II (normally) lasts for 1.5 days minimum with average usage (Internet, calls,etc)
11. Definitely the speakers in SGS II has awesome quality as compared to LO 2X.
12. Picture clarity is also very good..
13. Navigator application is also too good to use.
14. But you get a hell lot of applications from android market for free.. So depending upon your suitability and to ease your application, you can download them from android market.
Some kind of call drop problem is the only thing that I have faced till now with SGS II.. I am not sure whether this is happening to all the SGS II owners or not.. ???
Well I am proud to have chosen SGS II .... not a single regret till now. Now its ur turn... :)
Definitely it’s a great Smartphone to possess and value for money ... I have been using SGS II since past 20 days... no problem of yellow tinge in screen .. no battery probs... and with 3G ... video buffering from internet has awesome speed, which is just unbelievable.
I got it for 29,800/-... now it might have gone down.. Cheers SGS II owners...
SGS II Definitely rocks!! :) :) :)
can some one say how find out my s2 has 2 core or not in a quadrant test it is showing 1 :/
I've got a Ipad 2, and I'm up for a new phone now.. Help me, I am in doubt; Iphone 4 or Galaxy S II?!?!?
tungau, 20 Jun 2011battery only 12 hours average usage..overheat after 1 hour..other than that all superb..really... more12 hours?? What are you doing with it? My S2 lasts at least 2 days, and I do quite a lot of calls. But it does overheat sometimes.
How about the Skype of this mobile Can I make a video call over 3G not only for Wifi.?
Please help me which one is best mobile, LG Optimus 2x are Samsung g2, i want buy very sooooooooon, and why?
I am using this phone for a month now. This is a good phone but its not an extra ordinary phone its just a hype. The battery is crap and that's the problem with all the android device they eat soo much battery even this phone has 1650 mah battery. Screen is sharp but you cant get longer battery time on full resolution so you have to compromise on it. I will suggest to wait there is no need to desperate about this device. You will get a cheap deal if you be patient.
I got this phone on the day it launched in india n ill tel u its the best phone i ve ever seen much better then the iphone 4...the touch is superb n applications are cool...the only prob im fcing is the battery sucks a lot..i have to charge for hours to fill it full..
but apart from tat its the best smartphone....
[deleted post]Hi Anonymous!
I think it's easy to state that a device is better than another if you only mention the "+ points" of one and not of the other!
in the specific, what about the screen, the CPU, OS, docs editor , UI, weight, thickness...etc?
Personally the only "+ point" of N8 is the camera. but I don't buy a smartphone for taking pictures. If I'm a pro photographer I'll buy a real camera. otherwise, the Galaxy II camera is more than enough for 99% of uses.
honestly what I'm looking for in a smartphone is ease of use, no lags during use, nice screen, user friendly interface, future-proof OS, light weight...those kind of things which are really Galaxy's assets.
I think if you don't have hands on, you cannot really see the difference!
Finally when trying the N8 in the shops it was so ridiculous that I had to close some Apps to avoid the terminal to get stuck and frozen!
This is amazing piece of hardware :) I mean, it's only 116 gms! It doesn't even feel like it's there in ur hands! Amazing Super AMOLED display! 1 of the best things 2 happn 2 mobile technology
saddam hussain, 21 Jun 2011galaxy s2 is a worst useless phone i never see before iam using since 5days on starting day t... morereally... cool story bro.... ive got a galaxy s2 and its superb you probably have the fake version of it cas mine lasts ages
Anonymous, 20 Jun 2011Plz can someone tell me how is the battery life on this phone...will be buying one soon so nee... morei had the phone for 2 months now. and i can say the phones battery is pretty dam good =D was 67% when i listened to music for 7 hours with games and browsing
Hi all u xperts der i hav jst bought this phone 2 days bk & this is my 1st android phone, can u plz suggest me hw can i test its battery to see wats the max it can last on high voltage usage...