Hi, I m frm delhi (India). I m facing two problems in my SGS2.
1) when I open the Music Hub it says "Samsung Music Hub is not supported in this country " is there anyone from India facing the same problem.
2) I have usually put the Brightness of my Samsung galaxy s2 in the lowest point, but sometime it automatically change from lowest point to mid or more thn that.
Please if any 1 facing the same problem pls reply or if u have d solution pls reply.
Martine, 11 Jun 2011Dear Dr/Mr/Mrs/Miss ithehappy I understand how you are feeling right now. I always follo... moreWell ive had mine since 4th May and cannot see a damn thing,,in fact would not even be aware of any problem till gsm said ..I take it off charge and go on my merry way and dont notice anything..
ithehappy, 11 Jun 2011Nope, can't agree. Don't know about other phones but for GS II it wasn't any bad batch. Each a... moreDear Dr/Mr/Mrs/Miss ithehappy
I understand how you are feeling right now.
I always follow this same thread on xda everyday and these are my deductions:
1. The issue is being overflogged/exaggerated.
2. Only about 10 people (following the thread) on the maximum have replaced their phones due to that problem or a similar one
3. Most people overflogging this issue are either perfectionists or have already voided the warranty on the phone.
4. Not all SGSII unit has the yellow tint on the left side. Darker left side is way more common than the yellow tint but this one also does not affect all.
5. The degree of this issue varies. Some device were terribly affected, while some were slightly affected and some not affected at all.
6. Not all who have the problem can see it with their naked eyes. ALL PHONES ARE VIEWED WITH NAKED EYES AND NOT ON PHOTOS/PHOTOSHOPS/SLIDESHOWS
7. Most people will not be bothered about the problem as it is reproduced in a low brightness(0-20%) condition and solely on a gray background. They forgot that the joy of the superamoled plus screen is the brightness and not the dullness of the screen. MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER USE THEIR PHONES IN LESS THAN 20% OF SCREEN BRIGHTNESS
8. at least 90% of people affected on the Forum wants everybody in the world to believe they all have one problem or the other on their sgsii screens. In cases where the yellow tint is not present, they will tell you something else is not right. Reason is because, they believe if everyone is made to believe all phones have this problem, then samsung will act fast about it.
9. They forgot about 95% of Nokia N8 (I currently have Nokia N8 and waiting for my SGSII) had purple tint problem, it was more widely reported even on nokia own forums but NOTHING was done about it.
10. They also forgot that 95% of the Original Galaxy S had GPS issues, NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT. This did not affect it's sales in becoming the most successful android device till date.
10. This is GSMARENA and NOT SAMSUNG OFFICIAL WEBSITE so posting here about the issue will never make samsung act fast because they might not hear about it.
11. 99% of people worldwide are not complaining about this issue on their phones so SAMSUNG may not be bothered. In fact, samsung believes the pink camera issue was much of a problem
12. Even if you complain to samsung, they will tell you they believe you have bought a faulty device and you should get it replaced. mind you, you might have to prove the problem to the glaring if you are replacing it under warranty.
13. NO DEVICE/MACHINE/ELECTRONIC/COMPUTER/PHONE is PERFECT. one or two things can definitely bring out some flaws.
If you have the problem and you believe it is not acceptable then get your device replaced now or contact SAMSUNG SUPPORT IN YOU COUNTRY
The Real, 11 Jun 2011Like ive already said, it is possible a bad batch went out, this sometimes happens, dont make ... moreNope, can't agree. Don't know about other phones but for GS II it wasn't any bad batch. Each and every device has this problem. One user can see it, one can't. It's not a problem that you will detect it at a glance, in fact if there were no such thread on XDA about this problem we wouldn't be discussing it right now. So, it is definitely a problem and it exists on all GS II. Now I just hope it's not a hardware defect. Still, whatever it is, Samsung SHOULD come up and accept it and it's their responsibility to release us from the dark.
ithehappy, 11 Jun 2011Asking Samsung for the Third time now, 'Please come up with an official statement about the Y... moreLike ive already said, it is possible a bad batch went out, this sometimes happens, dont make out like there is an issue with EVERY handset though because thats not the case. I know cause i have it & there is no yellow spot or line on my phone & i spent 20mins looking for it SMH
Asking Samsung for the Third time now,
'Please come up with an official statement about the Yellowish screen tint/poor banding problem, just visit XDA, see by yourself how many users have already replaced it for that reason. So please come up, things will go much worse if stayed in the dark'.
Hey everyone im planning to buy a phone probably confused between iphone, samsung s2 n xperia neo .. cn anyone help me..with this..!!
There seems to be more bickering than the sharing of ideas, experiences and help going on here. Sad.
Basu, 11 Jun 2011Bought ths fone last week and its vfast and nly disadvantage is poor audio by audio quality do u mean speaker quality or call quality?
Howz the sound quality while listening music with headphones on?
Lishan, 11 Jun 2011thank you Rainai, I do transfer some of my games to SD card as you instructed.. your reply rea... moreit's my pleasure to help! :D
and thanks! i can't wait for SGS2 to be available here...
Galaxy s II in hand now. all is perfect.
Design is not bad and i love it.
Battery is excellent. Speed and display perfect.
overall rating 9.9999. :D
aron, 08 Jun 20111) There is no battery issue 2) There is no yellow spots on screen. 3) The wifi ... moreHi George may i know wat all the accessories you received along with sales package for 30k. did they provide HDMI adaptor, car charger etc.
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2011no doubt, this is the best spec phone you can buy nowhow about the price
rainai, 11 Jun 2011well, that actually depends on the app you're installing (whether or not the app/game allows y... morethank you Rainai, I do transfer some of my games to SD card as you instructed.. your reply really helped me a lot. Hope you will get your S2 very soon. It's a master phone...
charu. . ., 11 Jun 2011no doubt that,this is the best phone till date. . .no camparison. I hav this phone surely. .fa... moreBuddy can u please tell the truth that how was the battery performance of this great phone ?