Got my ICS update from M'sia yesterday.
Few things -
1. initially, my playstore will not open - keep crashing. I have to uninstall my market and reinstall it.
2. unable to adjust brigthness on notification bar
3. some lag initially - not too sure why.
After a few restart, all is stable now. I also cleared up my cache using a cache cleaner from the google play store.
1. no more lag - very smooth experience. Probably slightly faster than 2.3.6 firmware
2. standby battery consumption is phenomenal - this is a marked improvement
3. Google talk now enable you to have video calling! - you can place call to your cellphone from any computer via gmail. Worked well.
4. I am still unable to install Google chrome beta - kept saying insufficient space but all other apps installed okay.
Got my ICS today direct flash by samsung malaysia ( over the counter )
Nice clean and fast...much better than before....no problem with wifi, notification no brightness tab,but how often you use it ???
Dear frens...its better to let Samsung Service Center UPgrade your FM to ICS.....some file may be corrupted when download over KIES...
How many user memory left for install an Applications in phone memory from 16 GB internal memory in samsung galaxy S2. Please reply me ASAP.
Now that the ICS Update is available, has anyone tried using Triangle Away for resetting the binary counter and yellow triangle? Please reply if you have tried it. Thank you...
AnonD-57141, 01 Jun 2012After i upgrade to ICS 4.0
that is the problem i faced :
- the brightness cant control at th... moreoff the device and take out the battery and put it back and turn on.
its working for my phone
after update ICS...format ur phone..u'll never face any problem..sure...
After i upgrade to ICS 4.0
that is the problem i faced :
- the brightness cant control at the notification bar .
- it does not have vibration since the in coming call also does not function vibration.
- the speed is slow and hang.
- the contact link to facebook account does not have picture together with the contact numbers.
any idea that i can solve it or wait for the update ?
after update to ics my phone is unable to connect kies...it displays UNABLE TO CONNECT I9100G,FAILED TO RETRIEVE DEVICE INFORMATION.....any suggestion guise...pls tell me
after i update the I9100G from 2.3.6 to ics i found that the RAM lower than previously is it normal
in I9100G the ics implementation does not show the ~340Mb reserved for the os. Hence total ram is still 687+340. This is similar to the Galaxy Nexus which has a 1Gb ram and shows only around 687Mb for availability. Just the way in how the RAM availability is displayed, this ~340Mb is reserved in all ICS devices
I own sgs2 i9100g and i'm from Malaysia. ICS update is officially available for Malaysia right now. Just switch on your wifi and in few minutes later you will get a notification and just follow the steps. It is easy. After the update, all your contacts, apps, galery and etc will still be there. Only your home screen will be reset back to factory setting. Update size is 198MB.
So far, my experience are better overall performance, camera seems to capture picture much faster, no error issue in camera, autofocus when record video is much better and overall picture and video quality are much better and colour is much more vivid and nice. So far all my apps (games, etc) are working fine. 3D performance seems to be better when playing games and game load much faster as well.
Will post again more of my experience in few days time. So far i'm very satisfied with the update. TQ Samsung.
Anonymous, 30 May 2012Malaysian ics update is i9100gDXLP6. Ive updated today no hang at all but the brightness contr... moreHello, i just update my S2 i9100G to ICS 4.0 through Kies..but after update i found out that the vibration is not working even though i enable it..pls help..tq
hi all of you ....... i am looking forward to upgrade my i9100g to ics kindly tell me if ics is available for our country pakistan...its urgent here
Anonymous, 30 May 2012Malaysian ics update is i9100gDXLP6. Ive updated today no hang at all but the brightness contr... moreHi, I plan to update to ics tomorrow @ samsung PJ. Pls share your ICS SII G experience. Or Shud we wait still FW stable for SII G. Thks
After upgrading my phone to 4.0.3 here in India I'm facing problem with my WiFi, its getting disconnected in every minute, Can someone help me how to resolve the same, do i need to go to service center or is there any alternate way......:(((