I will prefer SII over SII +
In the first instance both these devices look identical, but as always, devil lies in details.
S2+is available for Rs. 22900 and S2 is available for Rs. 24400 (after discount). Price difference between S2 and S2+ is only Rs. 1500.
For following reasons we should opt for paying Rs. 1500 more for S2.
(1) S2 has Corning gorilla Glass. Both these phones are great looking phones initially, but eventually scratches will ruin the beauty of S2+, which doesn't have Corning gorilla glass. Buying a protective screen will become mandatory for S2+ and thats going to cost you atleast Rs 300 more, and even then it will be just a cover, a cheap one. It wont be a match to a Corning gorilla glass.
(2) S2 has 16 GB internal memory, while S2+ has just 8 GB of internal memory. Out of 16 GB of S2, user will have access to about 11.24 GB. But out of 8 Gb in S2+, user will be able to use only around 4.5 GB. By the time u save a few mp3 or videos, it will be full. And once you've neared this 4.5 GB limit, the phone will start showing signs of working a little bit slow, which will be a big irritant. Eventually you will have to buy a microSd card. If you buy a 16 GB microSd, its going to cost you another Rs. 600, atleast. So spending a little more for buying S2 seems a good idea.
(3) S2 has USB OTG ( I.e USB on the go) but S2+ doesn't. For those who do not know, what is USB OTG, watch any youtube video for getting impressed with this novel technology. With USB OTG, you can connect a pendrive directly to your phone as if you were connecting your pendrive to your laptop/desktop. No need to connect your pendrive and your phone to your laptop to transfer data from pendrive to ur phone. You can not only connect your pendrive directly to your phone but also can connect a keyboard. You will regret not having USB OTG only because you chose to pay Rs. 1500 less.
(4) The latest samsung galasy S4 (about to be released in April 2013) is going to have an EXYNOS chipset, which is also in S2, but not in S2+. There must be some strong reason why samsung chose to use Exynos chipset instead of Broadcom chipset in its flagship phone S4. This gives some more reason to spend Rs 1500 more on S2.
(5) The processor used in S2 is Cortex A9 which is a very renowned processor. But processor used in S2+ has not been disclosed by Samsung. Again S2 scores over S2+.
(6) Graphics processor used in S2( Mali 400 MP) is a much better graphics processor than Broadcom videocore IV used in S2+.
(7) Although TV out function is rarely used by anyone, but just by spending Rs. 1500 more you will get the facility of connecting your phone to your TV. S2 again trumps S2+ in this department.
(8) And the last point why we should go for S2 instead of S2+ is the contrast ratio. For S2, the contrast ratio is 2.832:1, while for S2+ it is2.801:1. Better contrast ratio means better visibility under Sun.
The differences that I've mentioned are the major ones. As far as OS is concerned, samsung is releasing the official jelly bean version for S2, all around the world. Its only a matter of time before jelly bean for S2 is released in India too.
So for all intents and purposes, go for galasy S2, and NOT for S2+.
You wont regret spending Rs 1500 more on S2.
Anonymous, 17 Apr 2013Guys those who have S2 plus, are u having some type of problems in running games like Gta Vice... moreNo real Hd game is Supported by this phone. It has a Broadcom VideoCore gpu for which no games are made
RahulSinghvi, 19 Apr 2013Does this phone have multi Windowlike Grand? Please reply soon. Thanks in advanceyeah it has multi window
Alex, 18 Apr 2013Hi.. I'm planning to get this phone, can any one tel that is this phone good to use, is it the... moreYes its a good smartphone. I bought two yesterday, one for me, and for my friend.
Does this phone have multi Windowlike Grand?
Please reply soon.
Thanks in advance
Hi.. I'm planning to get this phone, can any one tel that is this phone good to use, is it the same as the SII is? please reply fas
Anonymous, 13 Apr 2013does it have gorilla glass or not??No, it doesn't have
Hi.. I'm planning to get this phone, can any one tel that is this phone good to use, is it the same as the SII is?
please reply fast
Guys those who have S2 plus, are u having some type of problems in running games like Gta Vice City and Mortal Combat 4.....?
Plz comment fast....!
neji, 16 Apr 2013hw is s2 plus....???good or bad i dont have s2 plus sorry i cant help you plz ask another person good luck
neji, 16 Apr 2013hw is s2 plus....???good or bad
sgs2p is good smart phone
Anonymous, 13 Apr 2013how do i move applications to sd cardYou can not move applications to SD card with Jelly Bean.
GSM Arena specification says this phone has 8GB internal storage. I got this phone yesterday and it is showing only 4GB internal storage. I got the model with NFC. I am from INDIA. Please clarify!!!!!
Anonymous, 14 Apr 2013s2 can so it s2 plus should also support on the gohw is s2 plus....???good or bad
If you want to buy this better buy s2 normal because mali 400 is much better than s2plus' one.
And the case isn.t the same. I bought a super slim case and it didn.t fit , this is bigger.
GSMARENA giving us chance to let us tell the smartphone manufacturer to concentrate on better MIDRANGE smartphone not just on flagship devices bcaus everyone cant afford to buy flagship device.for your voice to be get heard you just have to sign follow this link http://www.gsmarena.com/join_our_quest_for_a_highend_compact_android_smartphone-news-5858.php
Goppy, 13 Apr 2013Does this suports usb on the go? Can we conect our pen drive?s2 can so it s2 plus should also support on the go