I'm looking at upgrading from my iPhone 4S for the following reasons:
- A 3.5" screen these days for a touch phone is too small & we all known Apple won't go bigger then 4" on their next model & then again it will stay that size for 4 years. A 4" screen is still a tad small.
- bored with no customization. Can't sit folders on screen where you want them.
- Cant set up widgets on screen
- iTunes integration ( but realize I can link iTunes to other mobiles also)
- Notifications push to notify better then Android (know this from past Android experience)
- iOS fluidity use. Quick, responsive and fast to switch between applications.
What I'm looking for in a new mobile:
- A 4.3" screen or a little bigger.
- OS fluidity quick and responsive
- Personal customization
- Great battery life for medium to heavy use
- Removable battery
- Mobile can be linked to iTunes on my MacBook Pro
I'm considering the Samsung Galaxy SIII, however my concerns are:
- A 4.8" screen size. I see the dimensions are almost that of the HTC One X & my Dad has the HTC One X and firstly I'm not a fan of One X as its battery doesn't cope with medium use, like the screen but can't see it when out doors in the sun. The width of the One X feels good. I've seen a YouTube clip with the SIII sitting on top of the SII and the width was almost the same and height not that much taller. I liked the SII design but still found the fluidity of the OS laggy and slow.
- I like the design of the SIII as it does give a more professional look then that of the ONE X and doesn't look as much as a toy like the iPhone 4S.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate the iPhone it just is a boring mobile to use cause you can't change and customized it's iOS from time to time and screen size is too small and I'm just growing bored of the iPhone.
Watching nearly every YouTube review on the SIII it's fluidity looks like its just as great and quick as iOS and has heaps of good little features but I probably wouldn't use a few but good knowing that they are there.
My only concern is a 4.8" screen size, I do love the 4.3" size screen, I think that's a perfect size so I don't know if I spend my money on buying a SGSII or pay extra and get the SGSIII.
What are your guys suggestions?
Samsung S 2 has gone over 30million mark and the response for that was not as good as S3 before launch.
Voda UK has pricing with new 2GB data on contract,not that i will ever buy a contract.
Yes,Yes,Yes its confirmed over at XDA that the SGS3 will use Wolfson audio chip..I did have other sources but still needed that defo confirmation ,and will have Voodo sound..Samsung SGS3 FTW.
Yes it is ugly but I don't care for its looks. What matters are the specs and features
spec r gud bt i think samsung should work on dere design... design was not at all intresting
Is it worth it to wait and buy a sIII or buy a HTC one x ??
sorry for my english
When u will use the s3 a lil bit than u can make a desicion or compare one x with s3,now u dont have it,so the beat one nowadayz is HOX
Alec, 10 May 2012How many days will this phone last? (Hard Use)No one knows yet wait for the battery test on here...
Who cares of Beem?or calling when u typin a message,or removeble sd card.commom people,is it really not enought for ya to use 26gb internal memory+25gb of Dropbpx?u cant even compare design of Htc pne x and S3,and u know it.S3 sucks.sence ui much better then touchwiz,common,i m no an htc fan ,but s3 got loose this battle.
Sam, 10 May 2012America lol.............wht is America ???? Dude i dnt wana comment anything abt ur country...... moreWhere do u think iphones sell the most?? N im a sony ericsson user myself....even I'm not crazy enough to compare sony with galaxy.....This 2 r different in class....sony makes great low end phones (In fact the very best when it comes to value for money...Try the mini series)....but none of sony's top droid will go toe to toe against the SII (N we r talkin abt S III here)...
i say design and quality crap as usual from samsung and features top... but question do google play have any app that need more than a single processor... nop except for tegra chip where HTC and LG have them, so y spend a lot of money on a supermobile where i wont need them right now, i think a dual core is more than enough, maybe what is important is screen and battery life and quality which any other brand can offer
Goodbye Iphone 4 - Welcome Samsung Galaxy S3... I am looking forward for S3...
the ugliest beast ever seen ! Omg now it gona kill the w h o l e world !
Sam, 10 May 2012America lol.............wht is America ???? Dude i dnt wana comment anything abt ur country...... moreYour grammar is horrible. Please refrain from ever speaking again. With that being said...
The lawyers of Samsung designed the phone so Apple wouldn't sue them again, which is a good enough excuse for me. It's the features in the phone that counts and this is a tier 1 device.
Am a sony fan and one the first people to critisize this phone but the real truth is, this design is not so bad after all. Its good to try different designs most times and I guess that's what samsung tried to do and also a great phone is not mainly about designs but raw power as well. So samsung fans enjoy , my business here is done.