let me know that whether GPS available in this phone with out internet
Hiibguus just bought a brand new s3 (9300) with v4.1.2 . I tried the usb otg but it shows nothing xcpt a useless message on top of screen as 'usb connector connected' thats it. N after that no sign anywhere of the usb . Neither in file manager nor anywhere else. What to do ? Plz hlp...
when I connected my S3 on wifi router my phone screen showing obtaining IP address and not connected with wifi router I am using version 4.1.2. Need solution.
Anonymous, 29 May 2013Should I get a samsung galaxy s3(gt-i9305) or a nexus 4? I mainly do web browsing , gaming, wa... morei dont know. if you care for perfomance but stuck only in internal memory and capable of deleting other apps in order to download new games or apps, better choose nexus 4. Since it always got the earlies update for OS. You dont need root for it in think.
well s3 isn't a bad either. But with it you can insert a 64GB micro sd card (so far i know it capable) and root it to take full advantage of it like installing countless number of games and apps (cpu OC,GPU OC for better perfomance). and s3 supports USB on The GO which is very convenient in everyday use.
If you dont want to root it, i suggest nexus 4 because nexus 4 got higher perfomance with lower price than s3.
If you want to fully take advantage of micro sd card, then go for s3.
Rashme, 29 May 2013tysm bro..
but root is needed and i dont wwana root ma s3
its just few weeks past i bought it...i see.. you can root or unroot safely without raising the binary counter as i know so wont void warranty as long you keep away from custom rom that would raise the binary counter. hehehe.
But dont root it if you dont need it. :D
Anonymous, 29 May 2013Should I get a samsung galaxy s3(gt-i9305) or a nexus 4? I mainly do web browsing , gaming, wa... moreIf u wanna watch lot of videos and play lot of games then you should go for Galaxy S3. Nexus 4 doesn't have expandable memory so if u load more than 5 movies in Nexus 4. You will run out of space. But in S3 you have expandable memory.
Nexus 4 is poor in battery when you watch more videos
Should I get a samsung galaxy s3(gt-i9305) or a nexus 4? I mainly do web browsing , gaming, watching videos
Kevin Samuel, 29 May 2013it's easy to do that. But you have to root it first..
Download Directory Bind from xda deve... moretysm bro..
but root is needed and i dont wwana root ma s3
its just few weeks past i bought it...
guys i need help... which one should I buy Samsung galaxy s3 or HTC one x?
Rashme, 29 May 2013when i try to put sd data of games like gta,dead trigger into my external memory card at Andro... moreit's easy to do that. But you have to root it first..
Download Directory Bind from xda developers.
Then install and run the program.
1. Click on root access ok button to on.
2. Open menu using left softkey. Select add new Entry
3. Enter source (data) path. This is where you place the data. if you place it on external, then type for it's path or click on the text box and search for the path. Example of my sgs3 mini : /storage/extSdCard/Android
4. Enter the mount (target) path. This is the default path where apps usually extract data. Like your Dead Trigger. Just type (ex my sgs3 mini) : /sdcard/Android
5. After that dont check trasnfer files from target to data except there's apps on your internal and you want to move them all to external path automatically but make sure /storage/extSdCard/Android/data or obb is an empty directory.
6. Then click the "Add" button.
7. After that, there's a floopy-disk icon, click them.
8. then exit the progam.
9. check by running death trigger or whatever the game.
10. if the game works, then you successfully move the data to external.
11. then go to application manager, force stop Directory Bind progam becoz on my s3 mini, it always says "Unfortunately, Directory Bind is not responding." Click force close. always like that so i have to force stop it before it appear couple of times.
12. For more information, go to it's original thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410262
Last, beware. Since it create links between internal and external, you have to unbind everytime you want to connect a usb cable. There's automatic unbind option in the app. But for me i've to force stop it so the apps wont auto unbind so i've got to find which apps running which like twitter, facebook, and etc.
If you dont unbind it, it's ok BUT there's a risk your sd card got broken and you would have to format it. Dont worry i havent unbind it all the times and havent got an sd card broke. Just always keep a backup on your pc in case of it though :D
Kushal, 27 May 2013Hello All, I have installed all the updates on my S3 and using 4.1.2 kernel ver. 3.0.31-104... moreNo you cant.. and the lag may be due to excessive use of ram. Make sure you clear ram time to time
I want to change the ringtone for SMS because I didnot like the samsung inbuilt ringtones. Please help cause I cannot change the ringtone that I have uploaded in the memory card. Plz help me.
sorry galaxy s4 but i am happy with my s3
it has every thing i need,cant just spend more just to get a few additional fetures...
will buy s5 when ever it launches...
I just can't assess the internet and especially the face book in this era i just don't know what to do anymore, it just feels like i have the simplest and the most expensive phone as well.
when i try to put sd data of games like gta,dead trigger into my external memory card at Android/Obb the game does not detect it and unable to play but when i put same data on my phone memory Android/Obb the game works perfectly...
plz help me how to put these sd data of games into my external memory card.. i am having short of internal phone memory..:(
thanx in advance